Gransnet forums

Chat

Elderly WHAT!!!! fxck off!

(241 Posts)
Hink2 Mon 02-May-22 12:52:47

I am 70. chronically but not mentally. If anyone calls me elderly I will spit, shout and swear (boy can I swear) I weigh 8 stone 12lbs. Wear jeans, crocs, and trainers. I trim my own hedge, paint my own house, drink wine by the bucketful. I drive long distances and listen to rock music. Love horror films, the gorier the better. Laughed my way through Friday 13th. I thought elderly people wore twin sets and pearls (I would rather die!) or have blue rinses. My hair is brown, totally natural and never been died. I want to travel the world, write a book and have abundant sex. So as said fxck off anyone who dares call my elderly!!!!

Nannashirlz Thu 05-May-22 12:30:16

My dad always used to say you get one roll of the dice of life enjoy everyday like it’s your last. And you are elderly if you like it or not. No one looks the age they feel we all feel 21 but we not. I ride my own motorbike and go to bike rallies but I don’t swear or wear crocs and never owned a pair but wouldn’t it be a boring world if we were all the same.

Lucca Thu 05-May-22 12:38:06

So the fabulous not elderly OP didn’t return….. odd that.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 05-May-22 12:41:20

Probably had to go back to school.

Blossoming Thu 05-May-22 13:10:37

What a shame that Hink2 appears to have fxcked off.

AreWeThereYet Thu 05-May-22 13:26:27

You lot are crackers ???

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 05-May-22 13:35:56

Blossoming

What a shame that Hink2 appears to have fxcked off.

???

FannyCornforth Thu 05-May-22 14:30:57

Nannashirlz

My dad always used to say you get one roll of the dice of life enjoy everyday like it’s your last. And you are elderly if you like it or not. No one looks the age they feel we all feel 21 but we not. I ride my own motorbike and go to bike rallies but I don’t swear or wear crocs and never owned a pair but wouldn’t it be a boring world if we were all the same.

Now I do swear, and we’ve already established that I wear Crocs (with the ‘garden’ get out clause).

Perhaps we need an Elderly / Not Elderly Venn diagram.
Or even better one of those flow chart thingys.

Btw did you know that the Caroll diagram was actually invented by Lewis Caroll?

Callistemon21 Thu 05-May-22 14:36:04

FannyCornforth

You bad, bad bottle brush!

I really want pink hair!!

Callistemon21 Thu 05-May-22 14:44:14

Btw did you know that the Caroll diagram was actually invented by Lewis Caroll ?

Is that anything to do with the velocity at which a person could go down a rabbit hole?

Redhead56 Thu 05-May-22 15:01:57

Maybe the bucket of wine was just a bit too much after all.

Chrissyoh Thu 05-May-22 15:06:40

Redhead56

Maybe the bucket of wine was just a bit too much after all.

????

CleoPanda Thu 05-May-22 15:32:47

“ A local reporter
Asks an old lady at her leisure
“What part of being 104
Gives you most pleasure?”
She simply replied to him
"No peer pressure" ”

Babs758 Thu 05-May-22 19:51:33

Loved that last post. This thread has me laughing out loud… some brilliant comments .

Albie Mon 09-May-22 13:13:46

Oh dear, definitely elderly trying desperately hard to be young. ? Just own it rather than attention seeking lol you aren't fooling anyone in your crocs ???? Nothing wrong with being elderly doesn't mean you have to fit into a perceived box.

M0nica Tue 10-May-22 20:46:37

Classic case of mutton thinking acting like a lamb is convincing.