Gransnet forums

Chat

All New Night Owls 🦉🌙 ☕️

(284 Posts)
FannyCornforth Mon 02-Jan-23 05:51:52

Hello smile
We haven’t had a Night Owls thread for ages, so I thought I’d start one.
I know that there are quite a few of us about in the wee small hours, and it can be a lonely time.
So here it is.
I look forward to chatting in the nights and weeks to come x

Ginny42 Sat 11-Mar-23 05:43:44

Turned out the light and tried to sleep again but my mind was racing. I think we just need less sleep as we get older. I sleep after my acupuncture session. I even nod off on the couch there sometimes.
Reached Genius in the spelling bee and now will try Wordle, although I lost patience with words with just one letter different and so became just a guessing game.

Maya1 Sat 11-Mar-23 06:11:06

Morning night Owls
It seems there are a lot of us awake this morning. I am struggling to sleep most nights at the moment as DH is still in hospital after his strokes. The prognosis isn't good although we are hoping for the best.
I have had the most wonderful support from a gransnetter and it has made such a difference in the past few weeks.
I also lost our beloved Finn on Thursday.
Hopefully things can only improve.

lixy Sat 11-Mar-23 06:12:36

I'm back at my mum's for the weekend as usual now to do the weekly shop and 'be around' on the days carers don't come in. She's nearly back to herself after a nasty illness over Christmas. She's not going out yet so still needs support with shopping etc. Hoping for Spring weather soon so we can start short walks,

I don't sleep nearly as well here as I do at home. Such a nuisance as I need all my patience to listen to the same stories on repeat!

lixy Sat 11-Mar-23 06:14:33

Good luck with the wordle everyone. Took me a while today.

Now feeling warm and cosy while listening to Clare Balding battling the storm in the Scottish Isles. Hope you are all warm.

Grammaretto Sat 11-Mar-23 06:27:55

Ha ha! lixy I was listening to Clare too and cross with the wordle. That's not a word!

lixy Sat 11-Mar-23 06:42:08

Agreed Grammaretto ! I wonder what the Quordle will include today!

Maya1 it has been a pretty rubbish year so far all round I think. I'm sorry that your path has been so rough.

I'm thinking of going back to the ancient Roman calendar and restarting the year on March 25th!

Ginny42 Sun 12-Mar-23 07:15:54

I slept last night, so I'm here as a crow this morning! I got some shower gel in my eye late last night and thought I was going to have to go to hospital it was so bad. The last place I wanted to be was A&E, so I rinsed it every few minutes then took a painkiller and slept from about 2.30 till 6.30. Would rather be sleepless than repeat that episode. May see you tonight!

Ginny42 Sat 25-Mar-23 04:23:02

My neighbour tells me she hears the owls in the woods regularly, but I never do although I've seen it fly in the dawn light. I'm waiting for 'my' blackbird that sits on the roof to signal daybreak. I've been feeling under the weather for a few days and haven't slept well, so it will feel less lonely when the birds start their chorus.