Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 26th May 2023

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 26-May-23 05:46:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its sunny and the start of another warm day here in brackley .
Will do my Friday routine , and get some Fish & Chips on way home from my usual daily bus trip to Bicester .
And then settle down and watch the Giro which is at the moment in the Dolomites and today is the queen stage reason for that name it includes some tough climbing .
Take Care,
Mick

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 26-May-23 05:59:04

Good morning Mick and all who follow.

Early start this morning to try to find a parking space at the JR to visit MissOops who is still in hospital, so many tests have been done, waiting for results from Biopsies, she is still so poorly, but we will stay for the morning, hopefully see the Doctor and then come home for the afternoon, so that she can get some rest and then go back this evening.
Can’t take her in anything as she isn’t well enough for food/drink or reading anything.
Hope everyone has a good day and manages to enjoy the sunshine.

grandMattie Fri 26-May-23 06:14:22

Good morning from a glorious day in Bristol.
I’m so sorry about MissOops. I hope the cause of her condition is soon found and that progress is upwards.
My ADC visited briefly yesterday;DS1 and I put the bed together, now I had the right tools. We chatted for a bit before I went to T’ai Chi.
It was very odd; mostly complicated exercises for circulation, we only did a few minutes of Shibasi. There were 6 ladies, none of whom were particularly mobile or flexible. Not sure if I’ll carry on. The teacher was given to sudden flicking of his hands during those. Peculiar.
I rushed home for lunch, then went to the dentist. A very nice lady told me I was doing ok. Phew.
Straight on to a bus to DD’s. The family filtered in one by one. We went to a Pitta place to get dinner to help the parents as they had meetings and so on around the early evening.
DS and DD drove me home, so he could get his bearings. Although he has a lot of marking for the International Baccalaureate, he will visit regularly and we can plan various things I want help with, including changing all my large, heavy furniture for something more suitable.
Today will be quiet, I hope.
Enjoy the sun. Carpe diem 🦩🦩❤️🦩🦩

karmalady Fri 26-May-23 06:31:09

Good morning, I could get used to this glorious weather, warm and sunny but not yet too hot . My sheltered garden is at least 2 degrees warmer than outside

Oops, thinking of you and hoping for some positive outcome for MissOops

I am having my spring covid booster this morning. I dithered this time but decided that it will have been well tested and as I am in `that` age bracket, I should go. A bit of shopping afterwards and then home to continue enjoying this spring weather.

I am on a mission this year after 3 years of working on the garden and settling into my new home. There has been a lot to do and much lifting and carrying. Mainly now, leisure activities and sunlight. All that groundwork has been very worth it. I miss my allotment though, I properly cut ties when I left and left many of my tools, hoops etc for the new owner

Ashcombe Fri 26-May-23 06:35:41

Good morning from a sunny Portsmouth where we landed last night at sunset after a smooth crossing on MV Normandie. In the photo is MV Bretagne.

It must be a worry for you regarding Miss Oops, Oopsadaisy1. I hope there is some news today and a way forward for her.

A slow start here to travel to Torbay as I haven’t slept well. I expect DH will do most of the driving. Enjoy whatever you’ve planned. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

multicolourswapshop Fri 26-May-23 06:38:55

Good morning everyone from a dry and warm start to the day here on the east coast of Fife . I’m going to have a dry run in my new walk in bath before taking a shower and I’ll be having a lazy day today looking at my beautiful garden with my newly planted tomato plants which are starting to enjoy being in my outside bath.

Have a good day all my gn friends flowers

Greyduster Fri 26-May-23 06:40:57

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a cool, cloudy South Yorkshire. I slept all night. A first for some time! I went out with the walking group yesterday after all and was glad I did because it cheered me up. I had lunch with DD and GS and then came home and cut the back lawn. DS phoned for a chat in the evening. There were goldfinches feeding off my cornflower heads yesterday. Such a pretty sight. This afternoon I have an appointment with my solicitor but a quiet day apart from that.
Oops I’m so sorry MissOops is so poorly - I hope they get to the bottom of it soon.
Have the best day you can folks.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 26-May-23 06:49:24

Morning all

The sun is trying to burn through the clouds, we shall pick up The Imp from pre-school at lunchtime then his brother later on.

Oops sorry to hear MissOops is so poorly, I do hope they find the cause soon,

Safe final leg of your journey Ashcombe

(((Hugs))) to those in need

Have a good day folks 🦩🙋‍♀️

Whitewavemark2 Fri 26-May-23 06:50:21

Good morning from sunny Cornwall

oops best of wishes to miss oops - May she recover soon

Yesterday was a pain. I popped into the pharmacist to get something for my painful toe. She directed me to the doctors across the way as she said that it was infected. The doctors across the way directed me to phone my own doctor. Had to then go back to holiday cottage to re-charge my dud mobile by which time it was lunch and my doctor was closed until 2pm. My doctor re-directed my to the small injuries unit in Bodmin.
They took a look and said - not infection, which pleased me so we then made the most of the day and went for a paddle and pasty at Trebarwith.

Last night my toe woke me as it was so painful. So the morning off we go again to small injuries as everyone, from pharmacist to GN to google say that it must not be left because of potential serious problems.

All I can say is b…..r

Tomorrow we go home

Gingster Fri 26-May-23 06:53:47

Good morning all and it’s a bit cloudy here in Essex.

Yesterday, we had a lovely lunch with my db’s , SIL and nephew. Back to db1’s for coffee . Nice to see them as usual.

Dd still very poorly and has been told to go back on a low dose of steroids. She’s desperately trying to get off them 😤. How long do the withdrawal symptoms last. They now think she has shingles on her face. 😥.

Oops I hope your Dd gets the treatment she needs quickly. These daughters are such a worry, aren’t they!

I’ll pick little gd up for school and see ‘how the land lies’. This will determine my day.

Best wishes to all 🌸

Ashcombe Fri 26-May-23 06:54:09

What a nuisance, Whitewavemark2! Hope you get treated today so you can enjoy the last day of your break. 🤞

monk08 Fri 26-May-23 06:56:30

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
Today we have little grandson were he has decided he would like to go for breakfast and soft play, we shall pick his brother up after school take them home till mum arrives. DS is away with work until Monday.
Meeting friends at the club later.
Oops so sorry to hear MissOops so poorly do hope they find the cause and she is soon on the road to recovery.
Best wishes anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your Friday everyone and may you all find some ☀️

Whitewavemark2 Fri 26-May-23 07:00:20

I’m not going to moan any more, when I read what some poor souls have to put up with.

All I’ve got is a sore blimmin toe!

Marydoll Fri 26-May-23 07:01:14

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where it is 7°C.

I am so sorry to hear how poorly Miss Oops is and pray that today brings better news. What a terrible worry for you, Oops.💐

Belated congratulations for yesterday, Taichinan, you must be so delighted.
GM, you seem to be continuing your busyness and obviously delighted that your son has returned.

Yesterday turned out to be a delightful day with Babydoll.
Her weigh in yesterday had us taking bets and we were all glad to be wrong! She had put on more than expected, so we were over the moon.
There are still some digestive issues, but they will continue to monitor her, her care has been excellent.

Firstly, DH and I unexpectedly bumped into Dollie's, mum and had a good catch up. She told us that DS1 had wall to wall meetings at Silverburn, ( his company manage the estate part) , but couldn't be disturbed. 😔
Later we were having lunch with Babydoll and her parents, when DS1 unexpectedly appeared for a quick cuddle with Babydoll That and lots of pram pushing made for a delightful day.
I have decided to ditch my walking stick for a pram. I felt as if I was gliding along!
Papa sat on a bench with baby, who was unsettled, while I went looking for a gift card. So many people stopped to tell him, what a lovely picture it made. He was beaming, when I returned. #proud papa!

Today is my enforced rest day. I would normally have gone out, but I overdid it yesterday and had a minor heart episode, so I will potter in the garden.
However, my GP has said that now, I must spend no more than an hour. I used to spend all day working in the garden and no digging, nor cutting down trees. 😉

Keeping all the poorlies in my prayers. I was pleased to hear from Mizuna yesterday, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Enjoy your day folks and happy holiday, to all who are away,

Aldom Fri 26-May-23 07:05:11

Oopsadaisy Thinking of you and your daughter. flowers flowers

Grandmabatty Fri 26-May-23 07:06:38

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 8° and cloudy but I'm hoping for sunshine when it burns off. Oopsadaisy your poor daughter. I hope they get to the bottom of it quickly. Gingster I'm sorry to hear that your daughter continues to to be poorly. My best wishes to her too. Ash maybe you can have a nap once you're home.
Yesterday I seemed to spend all day going places. I had the boys in the afternoon. Dgs1 fell asleep on the couch which is not like him at all.
Today I'm doing nothing much. I'll drop off a gift from dd to my friend's partner and later on I'll visit mum. She's really not picking up which is a worry. Dinner will be out of the freezer so no idea yet what I'm having. Have a good day all

Marydoll Fri 26-May-23 07:09:10

Gingster for both you and DD.🙏
I have been on and off steroids for forty six years, both for my lung problems and RA.
They are lifesavers, and the side effects do wear off, but often having had large doses over a length period,, it did take me ages to be weaned off them.
💐

NannyJan53 Fri 26-May-23 07:11:14

Good morning from a sunny Black Country.

Lovely walk yesterday along our canal with a my Walk and Chat group who meet every other Thursday. Lovely to see a pair of Geese with their Goslings.

A quick trip to Merry Hill shopping centre in the afternoon, to buy sandals and a couple of tops for our trip to Rhodes in June.

U3A walk this morning, then a BBQ tonight.

So sorry to hear MissO00pss is so unwell. I really hope they find the cause. Best wishes to your DD Gingster such a worry.

Enjoy your day everyone

brook2704 Fri 26-May-23 07:14:36

Good morning everyone from a sunny Inverness, hoping for another day like yesterday which was really gorgeous
So sorry to hear about MissOpps, Oops, hoping she improves today and there’s some helpful treatment from the hospital
And your DD too Gingster another challenge for her if it’s shingles, poor lady
Today we’re off out early as DH has a pre op assessment for his knee replacement surgery - hopefully that’ll be done in the next few weeks. I’m then back to the gym for a couple of classes and then back home to do some gardening
Hope you get your painful toe sorted today whitewave and you can enjoy the rest of your holiday
Take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 26-May-23 07:19:04

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. 🌹to all of you with sick daughters. I am off to Kew this morning. Son and partner are going to a wedding in Norfolk to which children aren’t invited so I’m on grandmother duty for the weekend! If it stays fine I think we’ll spend a lot of time in Kew Gardens. My daughter is coming tomorrow to spend time with her niece. Should be fun. Have a good day.

Pittcity Fri 26-May-23 07:24:47

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It's here in the north of the county, Gingstersunshine
We have the Ride London Classique bike race going through the City centre today, so local roads will be closed and chaos will ensue.
I need a food shop so will walk away from the centre to Aldi.
I also need to investigate where a tiny puddle of water near the washing machine has come from.
Sending extra hugs to Oops and love to all 🦩 x

cornergran Fri 26-May-23 07:35:20

Morning Mick, morning All. Sunny start to Gloucestershire where we had a sleepover.

School pickup had its moments, there had been an ‘incident’ with another child and our young one was sporting a black eye. He was and is fine, his poor parents less so as they had received worrying messages from the school. An active evening followed ensuring a good nights sleep. A thoroughly enjoyable cuddle this morning, now it’s into his morning routine.

Off home this morning trying to avoid the inevitable traffic on two motorways. Suspect not much else today.

Sorry to read about poorly folk. Hope Friday brings something positive for us all.

ginny Fri 26-May-23 07:51:24

A sunny Good Morning to you all.
Nearly ready to leave for our family holiday in a lovely house in Devon. We will all meet up there mid afternoon.
Oops and Ginster I hope your DDs are soon on the road to recovery .

A good day wished for all.

dragonfly46 Fri 26-May-23 07:54:00

Just popping in to send best wishes to MissOops and to say how sorry I am that your your DD is no better Gingster

Jaxjacky Fri 26-May-23 08:02:54

Morning from a sunny S Hants, hoping for improvements with poorly daughter’s Oops and Gingster.
Toms and cu are in their greenhouse gro bags, courgettes in the ground and front garden window boxes planted up, now the watering starts.
Tesco delivering this afternoon and off to our local tonight for a catch up, with this weather it’ll be busy.
Enjoy your day 🦩🦩