Gransnet forums

Chat

Tv Quizzes - do you participate?

(82 Posts)
Bea65 Thu 10-Aug-23 13:31:54

Wondering if any GNs talk back to Tv with answers for The Chase/ Lingo/ University Challenge/Eggheads or Jeremy Vine et al .. always feel a bit High when I guess/answer correctly😊

Casdon Thu 10-Aug-23 13:51:35

Yes, particularly when the family is together, we have our own little competition to see who knows the most answers. I love quizzes.

Georgesgran Thu 10-Aug-23 14:05:06

Blimey yes! I think it keeps my brain active when I can get (some/most) answers before the contestants on the easier shows - Tipping Point and The Chase mainly.
When DH was alive and at times not so mobile, we’d settled down at 4pm to watch both, then spot on 6, I’d head to the kitchen for a glass of wine and to start dinner, while he’d stay and watch the news, being an avid watcher. I miss those days.

Beechnut Thu 10-Aug-23 14:05:56

I do. If I don’t answer the question out loud I haven’t got it right even if I do know the answer.

BlueBelle Thu 10-Aug-23 14:06:46

Of course doesn’t everybody

Beechnut Thu 10-Aug-23 14:08:33

Particularly proud of myself when watching sudden death Eggheads one day when I got one right that Kevin got wrong.

Grandma70s Thu 10-Aug-23 14:12:17

I am addicted to University Challenge in particular, and Only Connect. As far as I’m concerned, they exist to test me. I often don’t know or care who has won onscreen.

Tink75 Thu 10-Aug-23 14:13:42

I miss them too Georgesgran DH died in the spring. Not the same quizzing alone is it?

Georgesgran Thu 10-Aug-23 14:15:18

💐Tink75

crazyH Thu 10-Aug-23 14:19:22

I love Quizzes, though I’m still trying to get the hang of Pointless and that other new Quiz

Seabear Thu 10-Aug-23 14:45:57

I only watch Richard Osman's House of Games and yes - enjoy taking part. I know he's recorded another series so looking forward to it appearing.

Kate1949 Thu 10-Aug-23 14:47:57

Oh yes. I'm a little mouse in real life but I've been known to shout at the TV 'Fancy not knowing that you dimwit'. blush

Callistemon21 Thu 10-Aug-23 15:04:21

Grandma70s

I am addicted to University Challenge in particular, and Only Connect. As far as I’m concerned, they exist to test me. I often don’t know or care who has won onscreen.

I got something on Only Connect the other tonight which neither team could answer 😀

Mind you, I can't remember what it was !

Callistemon21 Thu 10-Aug-23 15:04:50

The other night.

Autocorrect gets it wrong.

Bea65 Thu 10-Aug-23 15:10:25

Yes I think they are testing me too.. went to a games afternoon with friends, and my word recall in matching simple symbols to words was embarrassing slow/poor -thought I must try to keep brain working.. I don’t like Pointless.. never seem to get anything correct…

DanniRae Thu 10-Aug-23 16:02:26

I LOVE quizzes .......... I even record very old "Who wants to be a millionaire?" from 2001 to watch when there's nothing else on I want to watch. I'd love to know how the people who won shed loads of money on these programmes got on? smile

PinkCosmos Thu 10-Aug-23 16:10:07

I love some quizzes - The Chase is my current favourite as the questions come along quite quickly. I find Eggheads a bit slow between questions.

I am currently watching The 1% Club where I get most of the questions right but have thought that there was sometimes more than one correct answer, depending on how you looked at it. The questions aren't particularly hard, you just have to get into the right mindset.

I can't abide Pointless. I like House of Games.

I do watch Only Connect and Puzzling but struggle with some of the questions.

Calendargirl Thu 10-Aug-23 16:29:35

My DH gets annoyed when I call out the answers though.

MerylStreep Thu 10-Aug-23 16:37:46

I’m in a quizz team so the chase is a must.
Pointless is pointless.
I refuse to watch or listen to jeramy vine. A shame as my team were on Eggheads some years ago.

Bea65 Thu 10-Aug-23 16:55:00

I like 1% club but haven’t got down there yet.. stuck on 15% which am amazed by..

shysal Thu 10-Aug-23 17:44:44

I like Richard Osman's House of Games and the 1% club, and always shout out the answers. I am quite good at both, which I suppose is why I enjoy them. I usually get almost to the end of 1%, but have never got the final answer right. I am missing HOG at the moment so have resorted to recording old episodes on the Dave channel.
If I was participating in a general knowledge quiz on TV I would have to learn more about football and films, my weak subjects.

Bea65 Thu 10-Aug-23 20:24:03

Really think I may have memory problems was always very alert and not confused with signs/symbols but some of the games I’ve played recently show poor cognitive skills.. has anyone felt like this?

merlotgran Thu 10-Aug-23 20:33:21

Tink75

I miss them too Georgesgran DH died in the spring. Not the same quizzing alone is it?

Same here. Those afternoon quizzes were a bit of a life saver…as well as the 6pm glass of wine. 😃

Bella23 Thu 10-Aug-23 20:40:42

To Tink and GeorgesGran and other grans on their own lots of sympathy flowers
When my late mum lost my dad she used to play for both of them,I didn't realise until I asked her why she didn't watch University Challenge anymore she said only dad could answer those questions. She also never bought a lottery ticket but always wrote the numbers down she thought would win. If they had come up she would have fainted.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 10-Aug-23 21:15:57

Richard Osman’s House of Games + glass of chilled white wine at 6pm, family know not to ring.

University Challenge, 1% Club, The Chase & Tipping Point DH is surprised at my knowledge of things that are no use to man or beast but win quizzes 🤣🤣🤣