Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 25th March 2024

(53 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 25-Mar-24 05:48:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight but its also a grey over cast sky here in brackley this morning.
Usual routine for me , and also did a weight check have lost a bit but not allot , health wise feel OK .
Take Care,
Mick

karmalady Mon 25-Mar-24 05:56:59

Good morning. Wet, dull sky and windy in s somerset today

I did a fair bit of pottering yesterday and culminated in pruning my two rosemary bushes. It took a relatively longer time to cut the large branches into small pieces for my compost bins but I persisted as it is a good source of brown to go with green. I still have a full large trug left in the garage but don`t want to overwhelm the bins all at once. Satisfying job tbh, kind of meditative, chop chop chop while birds were singing

Haircut today and tomorrow morning I have a scary dental appointment which will take up to 1 1/2 hours

Have a good day

Ashcombe Mon 25-Mar-24 05:57:00

Good morning from a mild but damp Torbay.

It was so cold because of the biting wind yesterday that I opted out of the Palm Sunday parade from church that took place between the services so that both congregations could participate. Today seems calmer but damp as we begin Holy Week.

Move It Or Lose It class today. I hope everyone has as good a week as possible. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

grandMattie Mon 25-Mar-24 05:59:11

Good morning from a damp Bristol. It appears to have rained quite a bit overnight. More is forecast for today. The wind is from SE so less chilly.
Yesterday’s Palm Sunday service was quite different to what I have experienced before but interesting. It was longer than usual and a lot of different people attended.
Other than that, I spent a quiet day, checked my case size for onboard luggage. 1cm too long. I wonder if easyJet is very strict - I haven’t flown with them for many years.
Today, I’m taking the Easter cards for the toddlers to colour and stick crosses on.
In the afternoon, I’m going to the pensioner film show. Always feel-good films. Tea and cake afterwards - one is supposed to chat with others, but they barely say hello!
Holy week for the believers. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Grandmabatty Mon 25-Mar-24 06:00:43

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Keep an eye on your weight Mick.
Yesterday I looked after dgs2 for an hour while dd took dgs1 to the football. He was most displeased when she came to get him. Then I made a large pot of lentil soup in the slow cooker and a batch of rhubarb and ginger jam. In the afternoon I visited mum who was quite confused again. I think that's the way it's going to be from now on.
Today I expect dgs2 will want to play in the garden. All the toys are out for him. We might go for a walk. Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Mon 25-Mar-24 06:02:03

I forgot to say it's 4° and dry here in Polmont. It looks nice out. Where are you going GrandMattie?

Greyduster Mon 25-Mar-24 06:12:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s going to be a damp day in South Yorkshire. At least yesterday was dry and sunny. The family came over, but for brunch instead of a roast dinner. Today I’m going into town on the tram for a mooch round M&S and one or two other shops and may go to the art gallery above the library. I can’t remember the last time I went there. Years ago.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Pantglas2 Mon 25-Mar-24 06:16:47

Morning all from a dry north 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 where PGTowers is awaiting a good bottoming…not a job I look forward to but something about Springtime makes it more satisfying 🤨 somehow!

I’ll be accompanied by Mr PG wielding the vac and windowlene while I flick a duster and finish off with a damp - te da! I can hear those spiders scurrying as I write…🤣

You’ll be fine with your 🧳 GM, easyJet rarely ask you to put your case in the measuring contraption if it looks about the right size although I once saw a young girl try her luck with a ginormous case which would never have gone in an overhead locker! That cost her!😡

Ill pop back to read all of your doings later….

Mizuna Mon 25-Mar-24 06:18:47

Good morning from a wet but bright Cornwall. A visit from my eight-year-old granddaughter yesterday who had dropped a bowling ball on her foot from shoulder height and is therefore quite indisposed. She needed somewhere quiet to sit and read. At her request (and with her mum's permission) I cut thumb holes in her long-sleeved sweatshirt and added tiny beads for decoration. She fancied this idea, having seen it on one of my hoodies. She was so pleased she wore it to bed, as you can see. At home she said to her mum, 'Do you think it would be ok if I liked Nana more than anyone else... apart from you and dad of course?' Bless.

The council installed the summer bunting outside my flat from tree to tree and throughout the town yesterday. Such a happy sight. The municipal flower beds are full of yellow shaggy tulips and polyanthus. The town council work so hard at making the place look attractive. Today I'm meeting an allotment friend for coffee and a catch up.

grandMattie Mon 25-Mar-24 06:19:00

Leaving Sunday evening, I’m spending three days in Athens with DD and family. I’m coming home, they are going island hopping for another week or so.

Kalu Mon 25-Mar-24 06:27:12

Good morning from Glasgow. We have a beautiful sunrise this morning but still chilly outside.

A welcome sunny calm day yesterday, most of which I spent in the garden pottering about at my own pace. The squirrels have been at a couple of pots, 3 large ones one of tulips and two of hollyhocks.

Electrician coming to day to replace a 2 old timers, not DH and I…then our solicitor will be visiting this afternoon with some papers for both of us to sign.

Hoping a good day is ahead for all and a less stressful day for those with struggles and worries.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 25-Mar-24 06:37:56

Good morning, it’s chilly and dark in Lanzarote, torrential rain yesterday morning, then sunny but quite cold.

I’ve been ill since Friday after eating a dodgy meal so I’m just
( mostly) sitting with my kindle wrapped up in blankets.
Wishing I was back home.

Hope everybody has a good day.

Grandmabatty Mon 25-Mar-24 06:42:55

Sounds lovely GrandMattie.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 25-Mar-24 06:44:55

Good morning from a dull South Downs. Hope the wind isn’t so blimmin’ cold today. I’m back to my outdoor winter gear - hat and gloves.

Son called for his usual weekly chat. He’s purchased a pizza oven from Italy and was busy rising pizza dough - more money than sense!! He has a wonderful sense of humour though and I cry with laughter at times.

Bit of housework and then potter today - see if it is warm enough in the garden. I live relatively high up on the downs so we get the cold winds.

Ooh the suns out 🌞🌞🌞🌞

Enjoy your day all

Peace and harmony to our world.

monk08 Mon 25-Mar-24 06:46:46

Good morning all from a very wet Black country.
Early start today being half term we have the boys today, no plans will let them decide what they want to do.
Mizuna that sounds painful for your Dgd and what a lovely thing for her to say.
grandMattie a short break in Athens sounds lovely our friends daughter came back from a weekend there last week, over 30yrs since we were there bet there's lot of changes.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

Beechnut Mon 25-Mar-24 06:52:20

Good morning everyone from Severnside. It’s very grey and raining.

I gave my lawn its first cut yesterday and it was hard going in places. Cleaned the greenhouse roof as well. I felt very stiff afterwards and went to bed early.

Today I have an optician appointment and then I hope to go garden shopping and fill the car with fuel.

I don’t think 1cm will matter GM. Before your spiders scurry off tell them they won’t get a welcome at mine Pant. Your granddaughter Mizuna 🥰

Have the best day you can all 🌧️☔️

brook2704 Mon 25-Mar-24 06:54:02

Good morning everyone from Saas Fee, a lovely morning here but cold at about -6°
What a lovely thing for your DGD to say mizuna I bet you were so touched ❤️
Sounds like a lovely holiday to look forward to gMattie so nice that you’re going with your family too
Today DS and partner will be off skiing again and I think we’re taking a gondola ride to the top of the mountains and hopefully get some good views.
That’s such a shame oops hope you feel better soon and can enjoy the rest of your holiday
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings

Georgesgran Mon 25-Mar-24 07:00:05

Good morning from a grey, still Durham - a complete change from yesterday’s wind and sun.
I’ve been up since 4.10 and awake hours before that - I think I’m ready for the clocks to spring forward.
A chap is coming to clean my range cooker today. DD1 says he’s fine to be left, so I’m heading out to see a friend at 10am - her house, as she has no car today.
Best wishes to all. X

Bonnybanko Mon 25-Mar-24 07:00:15

Good morning all from what appears to be a dry but windy day here on the east coast of Fife.

I’m excited at going out with my carer today these self directive payments come in handy to purchase 6 social hrs per week. I get a lump sum from the council pd into my account every year now.

Glad to hear you’re feeling good Michael keep it up.

Have a good day my gn friends

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-Mar-24 07:02:29

Morning all it’s 4 degrees here in S E Essex, the sun is trying to come out.

I have to get organised today, list making, clothes sorting (Easter break with AC, GC along with my sister and her family) This afternoon I have an appointment with the back lady, it is slowly getting better, I haven’t been to the gym for 12 days just doing gentle stretches and a few little exercises here.

grandMattie how exciting to be off to Athens with your DD, I hope you enjoy it.

Oopsadaisy I hope you are feeling better soon, there is nothing worse than being ill on holiday.

Thinking of our dear Urmstongran and himself 🌸🌸

Have a good day 🙋‍♀️

RosesandLilac Mon 25-Mar-24 07:07:32

Good morning everyone, it’s piddling down here in south Glos 🙄, the rain’s beating against the bedroom window. Window cleaner is due today, his job will be half done for him.
A lovely day yesterday with the sunshine quite warm out of the wind but chilly when it clouded over. I got the throws from the living room line-dried so they smell lovely. I wish I could bottle that scent!
Today a Tesco delivery but nothing else apart from dog walks, wellies and waterproofs ready ☔️
A lovely trip to look forward to grandMattie, I hope you have a great time.
Take care everyone 🌹

Bellasnana Mon 25-Mar-24 07:08:56

Good morning from Malta where it is warm and sunny.

I’m on duty with the boys even though it’s Easter holidays.

DD3 has gone to Sicily for the day with a group of her colleagues. A long day for her as the catamaran left at 6am and returns at 11pm. Son in law will take over from me when he finishes work.

Have a good day all.☀️

Gingster Mon 25-Mar-24 07:19:42

Good morning all and it’s very chilly still.

Dd and little DGD came for lunch after her fun swimming lesson. Inflateables etc. and then we sat in the very warm conservatory with the sun streaming in. Gd and I painted Easter scenes and cards while her mum slept for two hours. She hadn’t had any sleep in hospital and it sounded particularly grim in there.

Today I’ll take gd to school and this afternoon its Music and memories, so fun will be had by all.

Mizuna how lovely to have that special bond with your gd. She sounds very sweet. 💕
Aren’t granddaughters wonderful! I have 6 and all very different but darlings, every one. Not forgetting my handsome twins of course. They messaged me thanking me for doing their washing with hearts and kisses. Typical 17 yr old teens but with the softest hearts. ❤️❤️. Eldest gd starts her new job today. A qualified Mental Health Nurse. So proud of her 👩‍⚕️.
Sorry ! Doting nanna alert.

Poor Oops on your holidays too. Hopefully you’ll recover to enjoy the rest of your time there.

Take care one and all 🌷

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 25-Mar-24 07:22:44

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. Rain is forecast - I suggested to OH yesterday that he cut the lawn because of rain today. He didn’t!
The usual Monday shop at Waitrose. There are hot cross buns and Easter eggs on the list. I will also collect six bottles of my favourite fizz - Waitrose had a special 25% off deal.
OH is making a batch of pea and ham soup this afternoon. He is the only one who eats it. I will keep well out of his way and write up book reviews for my book group on Thursday. I won’t be there as I’ll be taking OH for a hospital appointment. We both need to go because of potential parking shenanigans.
Have a good day everyone, especially those of you with difficulties. I’m especially thinking of Urms who has a very difficult week coming up.

Alygran Mon 25-Mar-24 07:24:46

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s rained a little overnight but hopefully a dryish day ahead.
Village walk this morning. I did a section of it yesterday with the walk leader to check the paths weren’t too muddy.
DD2 is still here and will work this morning. Hairdresser coming this afternoon for us both.
oops sorry to read you are poorly. I hope you are better soon to enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Have a good day everyone.