Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 26th March 2024

(57 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 26-Mar-24 05:30:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just twilight here in brackley but its dry outside .
Today my usual routine , one of amusing things I see once I have sat down in Sainsburys is people trying to get out of the self checkout area without using the barcode on there reaccept to get through the barrier ,some try to force the gates , although there are staff on hand .
Apart from housework , not much more .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 26-Mar-24 05:37:52

Good morning from a chilly Bristol.
Yesterday, I noticed that the little plum tree I got for Christmas and planted about a month ago,I showing signs of growth. No buds, I wasn’t expecting any this first year, but green shoots.
Toddler group went well, if noisily as usual. One mum kindly gave us supervisors an Easter egg.
The ‘Home Instead’ film show was “feel good”, but there was a very demanding couple who arrived late and only wanted to sit where my friend and I were sitting. I was happy to shift a bit but not move away. Why should I? Even if “we always sit here”… Other than that a quiet day.
Today, I need to pick up a prescription, return library books and do a spot of shopping - all in one, so fairly simple.
Take care. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Tue 26-Mar-24 05:39:08

Good morning, dry and cloudy today in s somerset

Up at the usual time today and trying not to think of the long procedure that I will be having at the dentists. I have some me time first and am not leaving here for two hours. Trying to stay calm and keep my heart beats quiet and steady. I will be taking arnica

Have a good day

Ashcombe Tue 26-Mar-24 05:55:21

Good morning from a chilly but dry Torbay.

My DH and I find people watching a source of amusement when we're out, Mick.
Some people have such an over developed sense of entitlement, grandMattie. It must be encouraging to see your plum tree putting out shoots.
Good luck with your dental marathon, karmalady; I try to go somewhere else in my mind at such times to help me through it.

I'll be at Props this morning then try to catch up on jobs at home, which I don’t relish!

Thinking of those bearing burdens of pain or worries. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Georgesgran Tue 26-Mar-24 06:11:29

Good morning from Durham. It’s miserable, grey, and wet. My dusk to dawn lights are still on. The range cleaning went well yesterday, it looks brand new - money well spent.
Coffee this morning with a friend at a local garden centre, then a stock check to ensure I’ve everything for the long weekend. DD2 needs dogfood! Thinking of those battling worries and illness - so debilitating.
Best wishes to all. X

Bellasnana Tue 26-Mar-24 06:19:46

Good morning from Malta where it is dark and hazy with possibility of thunderstorms and a high of 25°C.

My plans were to meet a friend for coffee this morning then take the boys to meet some Canadian relatives who are in Malta for the holidays. However, having looked in my diary I realise I’ve got two appointments booked so I’m going to have to rearrange everything.

I’ve also lost a filling which is starting to become painful so will need to see when my dentist can fit me in, best of luck with your dental appointment karmalady , hope it won’t be too traumatic.

Wishing you all a good day.☀️

Grandmabatty Tue 26-Mar-24 06:23:25

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 2° and damp. Snow showers are forecast. Mick I like people watching too. GrandMattie some folks are very entitled! I wouldn't have shifted. Karma good luck at the dentist. That's a long appointment.
Yesterday was a good day with dgs2. He was such a good boy. Dgs1 on the other hand, has decided to become a teenager at five. Mummy and he had a wee talk last night.
Today will be more of the same, I expect. Nursery drop off then pick up later. Dgs2 and I will play and read. I have to pop to Aldi for something for dd but that's all. Have a good day all.

Susan56 Tue 26-Mar-24 06:28:18

Good morning from Shropshire.A dull start.

I have an appointment with a consultant this morning.I have no expectations that anything will improve.I know I am lucky to have these appointments but nothing changes.Moan over!
After the appointment we will do food shopping ready for the family coming to stay.

I hope your dental appointment goes well karma.

Goodness grandMattie what an entitled pair.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Pantglas2 Tue 26-Mar-24 06:35:12

Good morning all from a dry north Wales and hoping the weather extends eastwards to Chester as that’s where my bingo winning friend and I are off to on our latest jolly🥳

Train and Premier Inn are paid for and there’s enough left in the kitty for 🍹🍷 and a curry tonight 😋 - I’ve also managed to finagle an afternoon tea with fizz (aren’t Groupon marvellous…) before we trot home tomorrow!

I’m quaking in my boots Karma at the thought of your dental endurance today - what a brave woman you are 🫡 and I hope all goes well 🤞

Off I trot to finish packing….😉

cornergran Tue 26-Mar-24 06:41:19

Morning Mick, morning All. Our corner of Somerset looks grey, there are puddles.

A grocery delivery and conservatory clearing this morning ahead of some work in there tomorrow. Not sure what the afternoon will bring.

Good luck, karma, I understand your anxiety. My dental trick is to take myself off to a beach in Morocco where I sit outside a cafe in hot sunshine watching racing camels exercise. All in my head of course, a wonderful memory, works for me. Difficult people everywhere grandmattie, not much feel good about them.

Have the best day you can everyone. Thoughts are with those with personal mountains to climb.

brook2704 Tue 26-Mar-24 06:43:53

Good morning everyone from our last day in Saas Fee, it’s cold at about -2° with snow flurries
Hoping your dentist appointment goes well today karmalady and it’s not too painful
Susan56 hope your appointment with the consultant is a bit better than you’re expecting and a bit helpful in one way or another 💐
Today we’re out walking again, this time a riverside walk down in the valley, we’ll have lots of warming coffee stops too. We’re travelling home tomorrow but there’s quite a lot of snow forecast for tonight so hoping there’s not much disruption …
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Mizuna Tue 26-Mar-24 07:08:44

Good morning from a clear, bright, good-to-be-alive day in Cornwall, where a trek to somewhere with a big beach beckons. On my patio all my varieties of mint are burgeoning and the aroma is lovely. A good catch-up with my allotment friend yesterday when we planned the craft section of our Summer Show, then my daughter-in-law called round unexpectedly, looking as amazing as ever with her titian hair and a full black velvet dress, which only she can get away with. She brought me bunches of mixed daffodils and narcissi.

Well, had best get dressed, pack a backpack and get on the next bus.

Pittcity Tue 26-Mar-24 07:16:18

Good morning from a grey, chilly Colchester. Rain forecast for later.
DH is banging about getting ready to go fishing. I have a day volunteering in the charity shop.
Love to all 🦩 x

RosesandLilac Tue 26-Mar-24 07:16:27

Good morning from south Glos where it’s a bright, dry start.
Another quiet day for me, I am starting a watercolour art journal so I will enjoy messing around with that.
Hope today goes well for you all 🌹

kittylester Tue 26-Mar-24 07:18:09

Good morning all from a greyish North Leicestershire.

Mount Everest beckons this morning after a cheery phone call with a friend. DH has a visit to the physio.

And, I have to plan food for DD2 and co who are visiting over Easter.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 26-Mar-24 07:19:12

Good morning from a sunny, but forecast very wet South Downs. Just when the ground had started to dry up😡.

My DIL is dental-phobic and has to have anaesthetic every time she goes. karma I bet you dance out of the dentists feeling really good, thinking “that wasn’t so bad!” I always find that it is never as bad as you fear. Saying that - I hate the dentist.

My mouse catching and releasing is going great guns. I’m also trying to starve them out as I’ve put all bird seed, suet, squirrel food into airtight containers. They have been making merry with all the food to hand. I don’t really mind sharing, but their propensity to breed faster than I can breath is ridiculous and of course a good healthy diet of seed, suet and greens in the form cabbage, lettuce etc is ensuring strong healthy mice!

I’m meeting up with 10 ex-work colleagues today for afternoon tea. I think I’m the oldest at 78 and the younger ones are still working. I get to hear all the latest gossip and lots of laughter.

Enjoy your day all

Peace (please) and harmony to our world

Marydoll Tue 26-Mar-24 07:23:33

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow where its 2°C.

Susan, I hope your appointment is more positive than you expect. With chronic illness, I think we come to a stage, where our expectations are low. Any glimmer of hope is a bonus.

I too dread dental appointments and have so many issues with my teeth and mouth, due to my conditions. At the moment, I have two buckles on broken teeth. I suspect a crown or two may be needed. My three monthly appointments have now become annual ones, due to a shortage of appointments.
Good luck, Karma, I can only tolerate a short time in the chair, my joints can't take it. That's a long appointment you have.

DH and I are off out, with DD and SIL. We are off to the Botanic Gardens, then lunch. Looking forward to a change of scene.

Have a good day folks and for those struggling, 💐

grace56580 Tue 26-Mar-24 07:23:51

Its dry but cloudy in central Fife, hope we don't get snow Grandamabatty sitting in bed looking south there are some grey clouds will check on MIL later she lives in Edinburgh. This morning I have to wait in for my Passport only sent it off on Thursday what an excellent service !! Have a good day everyone

Alygran Tue 26-Mar-24 07:25:21

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun is shining.
I was expecting the joiner today to start some outside work but he has postponed because of the weather!
DD2 has gone home so it’s quiet this morning. I’ll get on and do some laundry and sort out the guest room.
Book Club this afternoon.
Good luck with the dentist Karma and your appointment Susan.
Have a good day everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 26-Mar-24 07:26:40

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I think it’s going to be a damp one.
I’ll finish off the loaf shaped Simnel cake this morning with marzipan balls etc. I’ll also make bread sauce and stuffing and freeze it ready for Sunday. OH is out this afternoon, then home and out again this evening. I’m not going anywhere!

luluaugust Tue 26-Mar-24 07:29:00

Good morning from a cloudy W Kent. A bit of cake making, bed making and parcel wrapping to be ready for DHs birthday coming up soon and visit of DB for Easter.
Karma Hope all goes smoothly with the teeth.
gM there is always someone!
Susan I do hope you get somewhere with the Consultant.
Best wishes to all

Bonnybanko Tue 26-Mar-24 07:32:49

Good morning all the sun is starting to rise here on the east coast of Fife, thankfully it’s a dry day so far. I had a good sleep.
It was my friends birthday yesterday, my silly but kind carer couldn’t find her house to deliver the flowers I bought. I was so disappointed.

Today my old school chum is visiting late afternoon she’s picking up the cat food bought for the stray cats she looks after.

Have a good day my special gnetters you know who you are 💐💐

Gingster Tue 26-Mar-24 07:37:34

Good morning all and I’m not rushing around for the school run today . Another mum is kindly stepping in.

Today I’m hopping in a train to meet my old school pal for coffee. Only two stops away but very convenient. We will hopefully FaceTime our other pal in Oz. It worked well last time so 🤞.

Later I have Bridge Club with cake (another birthday girl).

The traffic was dreadful yesterday. I think the problem started at your end GG . One problem leads to the whole area being almost grid -locked. An 8 minute journey took me 40 mins. 😤.

Karma you’re very brave 😬.
Mizuna your DIL sounds such a beautiful lady.
Enjoy your last day Brook⛷️.
Have a lovely couple of days Pants all paid for with your win. 👍. Sounds great.

I’ve sent eldest DGD an Easter egg (hope it gets there in not too many pieces 🫣). Her first day at work (Phsychiatric hospital) went well. She said she met some interesting characters. 😳.

Take care all 🌷

baubles Tue 26-Mar-24 07:39:10

Good morning from cold South Lanarkshire.

I did nothing but rest yesterday, I’ve hurt my back and it’s giving me jip. This morning though we have to go out to meet an old school friend of mine in a cafe about 30 minutes from here. She and her husband have been in Scotland for a few days to attend a funeral so we’ll meet for coffee before they continue their journey home.

Sending good wishes for all the dental/medical appointments.

Liberty Tue 26-Mar-24 07:48:52

Good morning from a bright sunny Suffolk which I hope will continue as I’m meeting a friend for a walk at the seaside and then chips and a mug of tea for lunch!

She likes curry sauce on her chips as do most of the other customers,young and old,in the cafe we visit. No gourmet lunch for us on this walk but the sea air and chat are a great tonic.

My visit to the hygienist yesterday was less painful than I had anticipated. It must be more than 25 years since I had a separate appointment like that and she suggested I go every 3 months! I don’t think so especially as she said the plaque on my teeth wasn’t too bad. As my check ups are only every year, I’m inclined to think so should my visits to her be.