Gransnet forums

Chat

Soops Kitchen, a place of refuge, reflection and revelry.

(466 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Aug-26 10:09:55

Popped in to see if we had a new ‘kitchen’ couldn’t find one so have opened this.

Hope all is well, will catch up next week 🙋‍♀️

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Mon 28-Sept-26 20:59:45

Whoop whoop! 🙌
My test results were on line on the NHS (fantastic app) by 7pm.
Great considering the bloods were taken at 10:30am.
So efficient.

I can’t tell you how utterly relieved I am tonight.
I’ve just poured a celebratory malt - Dalwhinnie WintersxGold - delicious!
Tastes all the better now I can drop my shoulders down from beside my ears.

GrandmaC47 Mon 28-Sept-26 21:20:54

Great news, Fgt. Enjoy your malt

Jaxjacky Mon 28-Sept-26 21:29:50

The best news FGT slainte 🥃

GrannyGravy13 Mon 28-Sept-26 21:35:21

FGT2 good news👍🏻

Ironing all finished ✔️

Men in tomorrow early (fitting air conditioning throughout upstairs). DH is muttering about installing it downstairs but I would rather have doors and windows open.

Nightie night 🙋‍♀️

Redcar Mon 28-Sept-26 22:22:30

Brilliant news fgt. Enjoy your celebratory nightcap!!

Blossoming Mon 28-Sept-26 22:26:29

Good evening dear Kitcheners. My brother is home! He’s very tired and still rather sore, but he’s home safe. The family cats are currently sat near him purring, they’ve missed him as have we all.
Goodnight, TOYA xx

brook2704 Mon 28-Sept-26 22:29:58

So pleased for you fgt hope it helps to put your mind at rest now
Please try not to worry Jax your dentist sounds very caring and I’m sure you’re in very safe hands. I hope you can sleep a bit better tonight
Thanks redcar I’m back from line dancing now, I really enjoy it and the other ladies are lovely. So many social events to go to as well, I’ve never been out so much!
Hope the work goes well GG without too much disruption, don’t think we’ll ever need aircon here 😂

cornergran Mon 28-Sept-26 22:30:06

Good news fgt and blossoming. Delighted for you both.

We’ve had a decent enough day, the cherry on the cake was to learn I’ve been fretting bout something family-wise for absolutely no reason. When will I learn!

I’m settling down to read. Sleep will either come or it won’t. Either way I’ll be comfy and the time will pass quickly enough.

Night night everyone.

Blossoming Mon 28-Sept-26 22:33:41

FGT I missed what your blood tests were for but I’m very pleased the results were good and you didn’t have to wait long for the results. I too love the NHS app, I can find all the info I need quickly and easily.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 28-Sept-26 22:40:00

Hello kitchen people.

That’s good news FGT2! 👍

I had a good day. I popped into Oxford using the direct road which had been shut for over three years! I bought quilting clips, embroidery silks and some Christmas fabric. I did my weekly shop in the large Oxford Waitrose and went a bit mad in the ice lollies section. I know I make my own iced cream but I love a lolly!

Sleep 💤 tight.

Charleygirl5 Mon 28-Sept-26 23:08:07

Redcar thanks, the machine is now running again and the fellow gave me tips for my washing machine which will save me time, water and money. I was happy to pay £60 and I will be with that company for the rest of my life.

The forecasted showers never materialise so no rain as yet.

My printer and computer are being looked at tomorrow. Apart from the printer, nothing major.

Only the shower and stair lift then I can return to bed until Easter. Nothing is cheap but I spend little at Christmas. I will duck behind a chair having written that.

Nite, nite everybody.

Redcar Tue 29-Sept-26 20:45:58

Hello kitchen friends, it’s really quiet in here this evening, I hope everyone is ok? Very mild and feeling damp here in Essex this evening.
I’ve just got back from DD1’s after a day’s dog sitting, and looking after the DGDs when they came home from school. The 11 year old was very chatty and told me about her day, she’s loving High school, long may that continue!

charleygirl I hope your computer and printer are now working properly and that the repairs weren’t too expensive.

I hope you enjoy your ice lollies llfl

blossoming I’m pleased that your brother is home again and making a good recovery.

cornergran a relief that your fears and worries have proved to be groundless.

Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Tue 29-Sept-26 20:47:02

‘Evening All’

I walked L’il Miss to school this morning then called in for a flat white in the square. The sun was shining and I decided spur of the moment (Carpe Diem as grandMattie exhorts us) to take the bus for a mooch round Didsbury.

So many nice independent shops. I bought a lovely cardigan in my favourite colour (green) that caught my eye in a boutique as it had an unusual shape.

Then another coffee and a read of the papers. Another stroll in the sunshine and bought one or two stocking fillers from Oliver Bonas - so many little ideas to choose from - and a selection of birthday cards. I like to get a few in when they catch my eye!

Lunch was a treat in a very nice restaurant. It was busy (a good sign at 2pm). I noted I was the only solo diner, hey ho. However the manager was very welcoming and looked after me solicitously which was most kind of him.

Bus back and was home by 4pm. I’d been out since 8:30am. Did me good.

brook2704 Tue 29-Sept-26 21:18:47

Sounds like a lovely day fgt, well done. I used to know Didsbury quite well as I lived on School Lane as a child. I expect it’s changed such a lot now but I still have many happy memories of playing games in the park there, crossing the road with the lollipop lady to school and chips on a Saturday lunchtime from the chip shop on the corner!

Redcar Tue 29-Sept-26 21:21:34

fgt that sounds a most enjoyable day out! There’s a branch of Oliver Bonas is my local town, I’ll have to investigate it next time I go shopping.

GrandmaC47 Tue 29-Sept-26 22:18:01

So quiet tonight. I’m feeling very relieved tonight. My sister was having an operation to remove a large stone from her gallbladder today. So relieved tonight get a message that all had gone well, and she was back on the ward. She lives a fair way from me (near Blossoming in fact) so I might not see her for a while.
Had my hair coloured this morning, but my hairdresser is now on holiday for over two weeks so I’ll have to manage myself. Although as we don’t go out much I’ll not scare anyone with my messy hair.
Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 29-Sept-26 22:37:14

Hello kitchen people.

A strange and muggy day - almost tropical. It was 26 degrees at one point and then we had half an hour of torrential rain.

I visited friends this afternoon and we had tea and cakes. I took the cakes. Very rich chocolate that doesn’t need icing.

I had a WhatsApp exchange with younger son. He is coming for the weekend in a couple of weeks time. Daughter is coming the weekend after. I might pop in and see elder son and his family next week. I have a study day in London so I’ll see if they’re around.

Sleep 💤 tight.

Nannytopsy Tue 29-Sept-26 22:58:17

Evening! I have just got home from a WI 1960s themed group meeting. There I was in my kaftan with flowers in my hair!
Physio this morning to put my mind at rest about my achy new hip. Change the exercises and hopefully all will be well. Then choir, supermarket and a very quick tea before I went out. I’m glad to sit down now. I have a whisky and dry ginger - reminders of my Dad!
Sleep well everyone!

Jaxjacky Wed 30-Sept-26 15:35:23

Afternoon everyone, another warm day, not as windy as yesterday.
Im pleased your brother is home Blossoming and your sister safely on her ward GrandmaC47.
Well today was dental day, my appointment was 2:15, I was drugged up. 🙂 already when I had a call to see if I could go at 1, good tactic!
2 bottom molars out so r&r for a couple of days and a careful week ahead. I think MrJ tried to hide a smile when I was told ‘you may not be able to talk much for an hour’!
He’ll be fending for himself for dinner.
FGT I have spent rather too long on the Oliver Bonas website..

GrannyGravy13 Wed 30-Sept-26 15:56:10

Good news regarding siblings and their health on here.

Jaxjacky hope you have a pain free evening 🦷

We have the teen and his girlfriend staying here tonight, for some unknown reason they have both opted to go to the VI Form college near me as opposed to one of the many local to them. I think this might be a weekly occurrence (I don’t mind, I am a soft touch for all the GC)

I can usually find something to buy in Oliver Bonas…

GrandmaC47 Wed 30-Sept-26 16:49:02

Jacjacky, hope your mouth heals swiftly. It’s reminded me I must make an appointment, I keep putting it off, I'm such a coward.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 30-Sept-26 19:26:09

‘Evening All’

Good news Blossoming 🙌
Glad you’re right side of your procedure (and anxiety about it) Jax and I hope you heal well now.

I’ve had a good but busy day. Just called into the chippy and had steak pudding (babby’s ‘ed - I know! 😮) and chips it was delicious didn’t touch the sides.

Grandmabatty Wed 30-Sept-26 19:54:47

Good evening kitchen folk. All my plans came to nothing today. I felt unwell so went back to bed, only getting up for the many deliveries. Fgt steak pudding sounds delicious. Jaxjacky take it easy now.
Tomorrow I will definitely get to work in the school library then I have art class in the afternoon. Enjoy the rest of your evening

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 30-Sept-26 20:00:24

Hello kitchen people.

An interesting day. I listened to an excellent lecture on London’s railway infrastructure,

After lunch we popped over to our nearby NT property. It closes today until next Easter. We looked at our favourite paintings and murals in the house and then had a delicious cream tea.

I cooked macaroni cheese with bacon for dinner. I had a glass of pink fizz with mine.

Have a good evening and sleep 💤 tight.

Redcar Wed 30-Sept-26 20:16:25

Hello everyone.
jaxjacky I hope your mouth isn’t too uncomfortable tonight and that it heals quickly. Take it easy for a while, no gardening!

Another warm day here today, warmer outside than it was indoors. I did more gardening this afternoon - probably too much as I’m sitting with a hot wheat pack on my back. I’ll never learn! The gardener is coming for a couple of hours on Friday and I’ve earmarked some tasks he can do to tidy the garden. Unfortunately if I left him to get on with the garden without some supervision there’d be a lot of bare earth with a few flowers dotted about, and all the shrubs would be cut back to knee height! But it’s so helpful if he can just keep the weeds down!

grandmabatty I’m sorry you’ve felt unwell and hope you are better tomorrow so you can resume your normal activities.

Thinking of those in the quiet corner.
Enjoy the rest of the evening folks.