Hoping you feel much better in the morning Grandmabatty and more yourself. 🤞
HMRC slightly angry is an understatement
Popped in to see if we had a new ‘kitchen’ couldn’t find one so have opened this.
Hope all is well, will catch up next week 🙋♀️
Hoping you feel much better in the morning Grandmabatty and more yourself. 🤞
Thank you all for your good wishes.
I do hope your day of fest has done you good Grandmabatty 🤞
Good evening kitchen folk. Back to arr class today after a very long break, so I only did a pastel drawing. I worked in the school library this morning too, so a productive day. It was nice to be back at art and chatting with my arty pals. Dinner will be steak and sausage casserole with dumplings. It is much colder here and I have the heating on. Enjoy your evening kitchen folk
I'm not a pirate so its art class!
Hi, we have The Imp here for a sleepover, he is being good.
The 16yr old and girlfriend have booked in here for next week. It’s nice that he still wants to see us oldies
Take things easy Jaxjacky and Grandmabatty
Hi all, I am so tired, didn’t sleep well last night, dozing, same today, a glass of wine would help - not allowed!
So I haven’t done much today, Tesco delivered, more soop, still or will pass.
It was a glorious day again, slightly cooler and the much longed for volumes of rain are still not forthcoming.
Good to see you out and at ‘em again Grandmabatty.
Hi kitchen pals, it’s been another lovely day here in Inverness, warm and sunny but a bit breezy
I’ve been volunteering this morning which was really enjoyable and then this afternoon I’ve been a bit lazy and not done much. Chicken curry for dinner, it wasn’t that spicy though, I’ll have to check the recipe
So pleased you’re feeling better grandmabatty and you got back to your art class - or arr 😂 lovely drawing!
Tomorrow I’m volunteering again in the morning and then out with pals in the evening. There’s an Inverness Fringe festival on the go just now so a few different things to do
Hope you’re doing ok jax, take care all
Sorry Jax crossed posts, hope you sleep a bit better tonight 😴
Not soop, sorry, slop!
Jaxjacky I hope you sleep better tonight. GrannyGravy it's lovely that you have such a good relationship with the older grandchildren. * Brook* enjoy your evening of culture tomorrow.
🤣
I assumed you meant soup jaxjacky! When DD1 had all her wisdom teeth out many years ago, I bought fresh pasta for her and cooked it until I could mash it into the sauce. Apparently it was acceptable.
grandmabatty I’m pleased you’re feeling better and able to attend art class, lovely drawing.
Another sunny and mild day here, I think it will be a little cooler tomorrow, but still no rain. As I put some plants in the garden recently I’m having to water them regularly, a good thing one of the water butts is fairly full.
The gardens of both DDs houses back onto a park with quite a lot of mature trees in. A branch of a beech tree behind DD2’s garden fell off last night, narrowly missing the trampoline. Not much damage fortunately and I think the trampoline may be moved to a safer location! Hopeful that the council will assess the health of the tree.
Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone.
Hello! I was on duty at our charity cafe this morning - £370 ish for MacMillan.
This afternoon we went to a plant nursery which opens to the public for a local cancer charity. Lots of plants bought, so plenty of work tomorrow. DD etc arrive tomorrow , so lots of cooking to do, planting etc. Please can I have a quiet week next ? I have finished all the ironing and put everything away 😇
I hope you all sleep well!
I’ve been watching Traitors and I made myself a glass of G&T with ice and lime to enjoy during it. I love this programme (so much better than Strictly! Shh. 🤫). I adore Claudia’s grunge Scottish themed outfits too. I’m already locked in for the series!
I did sleep well last night, hurray. It’s been slightly cooler today but the bedding dried well with some sun and a breeze.
Busy bee Nannytopsy you sound like there’s a great weekend ahead.
We’re hooked on Traitors too FGT, ten minutes to go!
Enjoy your evening all.
Sunny again but the breeze was cool. Lunchtime bingo was fun, especially as I won £5! Nice to see friends and catch up with their lives.
The gardener came this afternoon and actually did what I asked him to. The back of the garden is clear of weeds, at least for a few days. I need to find some plants that like dry shady places. I have a skimmia in a pot and will put it at the back of the garden, initially in it’s pot, then I’ll plant it when I can dig a big enough hole for it.
nannytopsy I hope you managed to plant all your new plants. Enjoy your weekend with family.
Have a pleasant evening everyone.
Back home from an early dinner at local Turkish restaurant.
On sofa watching Traitors
Night night 🙋♀️
I sat outside late am enjoying the sunshine. Not a nip in the air.
I didn't waken until nearly 10 am today so it is debatable if I will sleep tonight.
Premium Bonds were kind and I won £100. I expected extra 000s but not this month. I never see the money, it buys more.
Look after yourselves.
Just creeping into say goodnight to you all. It’s late because I’ve been out for a curry with my friend along the decking and then I tuned in to watch The Traitors on catch up,.
Till tomorrow dear Kitcheners.
Hi kitchen pals, it’s quiet in here this evening
It’s been quite warm here today but a bit windy. We went into town this morning, there was a farmers market and craft fair on so we bought a few things to support the local traders. Home this afternoon and not done much since. We’re about to settle down with a chicken curry, glass of wine and catch up on last nights Traitors!
Hope everyone has a good evening, take care all x
Watching Strictly with wine whilst DH cooks dinner, I count my blessings 🙋♀️
Hi all, my new herbs arrived to be planted tomorrow, the previous herb tub suffered from both the heat and an ant infestation, all died.
Another quiet day, the dental work is settling, but it’s boring, eating soft food and no wine is rather dull.
I do hope you enjoy your evenings, have one for me 🙂, a wave to the quiet corner 👋👋👋.
Watching Strictly after home cooked fish and chips.
I changed the sheets etc today, washed them and got them dry outside. I put the autumn weight duvet on the bed so will probably roast tonight! I have a hot wheat pack on my back as it’s been painful all day.
I washed the garden table (it’s glass) and will put the cover on it in the morning.
Enjoy the evening everyone.
Hello kitchen people. I’m having an early night as I’ve had a very long day.
The Study Day at the V&A was very good. I had a good lunch in the Members Room and was home by 6 pm. OH had spent the day disinfecting the bee hives which had contracted a disease this year.
Sleep 💤 tight.
I can’t seem to get the recent posts for Soops kitchen, , only old ones? Anyone else?
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.