Gransnet forums

Chat

Praise for excellent service

(55 Posts)
lizzypopbottle Wed 03-Apr-24 13:21:41

Do you have any recommendations for great service e.g. solving problems with online orders, speed of delivery etc?

Today I ordered some dressmaking fabrics from Legend Textiles. My order was confirmed at 12.31pm and on its way at 12.51pm. Astonishing!

lizzypopbottle Wed 03-Apr-24 13:30:26

Good grief! Evri has my parcel already!

Witzend Wed 03-Apr-24 13:32:39

Shortly before Christmas I ordered one of those double kitchen bins for dd (the only thing she’d say she wanted!) from John Lewis.

Ordered one evening, couldn’t believe it when it was delivered the very next morning.

Also recently ordered a new school cardigan with the school logo, for Gdd1 - website said they could take 21 days - it arrived no more than 4 days later.

lizzypopbottle Wed 03-Apr-24 13:35:00

This kind of thread really needs a 'Like' button, Witzend 😍

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 03-Apr-24 13:41:00

I buy food for the garden birds from Vine House Farm. Their service is excellent. If I order before lunch on a weekday it’s delivered next working day.

Liz46 Wed 03-Apr-24 14:00:32

John Lewis again. I have bronchiectasis so was stuck at home during Covid. My iPad stopped working but had a two year guarantee because I had bought it from JL.
I phoned them and they asked if I could take it to the shop. When I said I couldn’t they picked it up, mended it and returned it.

Primrose53 Wed 03-Apr-24 14:07:58

A few years ago I ordered a new bike for my daughter late one afternoon. It wasn’t from a local supplier so I was staggered to see a delivery man on my doorstep the next morning at 8.30 with the new bike. Marvellous service!

YorkLady Wed 03-Apr-24 14:14:32

Witzend

Shortly before Christmas I ordered one of those double kitchen bins for dd (the only thing she’d say she wanted!) from John Lewis.

Ordered one evening, couldn’t believe it when it was delivered the very next morning.

Also recently ordered a new school cardigan with the school logo, for Gdd1 - website said they could take 21 days - it arrived no more than 4 days later.

Same great delivery service here from JLewis.
I did ask the driver to make sure it was for me as I was surprised at the quick delivery time.

Great thread OP

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 03-Apr-24 14:22:49

I regularly order things from the demon Amazon and don’t know how they manage to deliver so quickly - less than 24 hours. Once an item took two days to arrive (I wasn’t in a hurry for it) and they apologised and gave me a gift voucher for a third of the price.

lizzypopbottle Wed 03-Apr-24 14:24:58

Hmm... OK my maths went wrong (red face) but still, twenty minutes is amazing....

Theexwife Wed 03-Apr-24 14:27:46

I had not heard of Legend Textiles but had a look and ordered, thanks for the recommendation.

lizzypopbottle Wed 03-Apr-24 14:47:10

Theexwife I got a 5metre remnant of heavy linen for £25!!!! £5 per metre for 100% linen!

Theexwife Wed 03-Apr-24 15:09:00

Mine was great too, 2 metres of clearance fabric to make bunting for £4.78 including delivery. Just received an email to say it has been dispatched.

Tizliz Wed 03-Apr-24 16:55:56

Dogs broke door handle on Tuesday am, replacement received before lunch on Wed and it was in their sale - it was expensive del charge though

midgey Wed 03-Apr-24 18:33:32

My Nottinghamshire daughter took a parcel for me to the post office, the post had already been collected. There was no hurry for the parcel so she sent it second class. I received it in Staffordshire the following morning! Astonishing.

BlueBelle Wed 03-Apr-24 18:42:28

I ordered two items from Amazon and the day after my debit card was fraudulently used I had to cancel the card and wait 5 days for a new one in the meantime Amazon not only honoured my two purchases but had sent them and I received them before I could pay for them or even let them know I would

Sarnia Wed 03-Apr-24 18:49:42

lizzypopbottle

Good grief! Evri has my parcel already!

Everything was going so well until you mentioned Evri. grin

sodapop Wed 03-Apr-24 19:20:04

I had a problem with Amazon UK today, I contacted them and they phoned me back in France within minutes. The lady was very helpful, resolved my problem and all is well

NannyWren Wed 03-Apr-24 19:53:18

Please don't lead me into temptation with your talk of fabrics. I don't need leading! grin [laugh]
Amen

Galaxy Wed 03-Apr-24 20:30:59

Amazon provide an outstanding service.
I think its important to acknowledge locally good services on the local Facebook etc.

lizzypopbottle Wed 03-Apr-24 22:36:51

Sarnia Yes, that's the only cloud on my horizon! They were pretty bad as Hermes and I doubt if they're any better as Evri but we'll see....

Greyisnotmycolour Wed 03-Apr-24 22:49:18

I refitted a bathroom and bought from several suppliers, some of them high presence online. The best of all was Bella BB Bathrooms, their customer service was excellent. A real person answered the phone, found my order and addressed issues instantly. They were a breath of fresh air compared to the majority online brands. If you are refitting a bathroom I can't recommend them enough.

Greyisnotmycolour Wed 03-Apr-24 22:50:30

Bella Bathrooms (no idea where that extra BB came from 🤦).

Barbadosbelle Fri 05-Apr-24 11:20:33

I'm persistently asking for a thumbs-up and thumbs-down link under postings. To no avail.
Can't be difficult as most review links and blogs have them.

N4nna Fri 05-Apr-24 11:26:43

My Doctors Surgery- the Admin staff. I asked for a copy of my x-ray results was told by someone it could take 2-3 weeks. Took the form in Tuesday (after Easter break) afternoon requesting. Text message next day, ready for collection 😁