Gransnet forums

Christmas

Gransnet Christmas party - everyone welcome

(101 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-Dec-17 12:12:04

We're putting up the tinsel and gathering together a few chairs in preparation for the Gransnet Christmas party. If you're on your own on Christmas Eve/Day, or simply find a spare minute on the day and fancy popping in to celebrate, please do. There'll be a welcome mulled wine from HQ. tchsmile wine

NannyTee Mon 25-Dec-17 12:40:54

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. tchwink

PatriciaMJ Mon 25-Dec-17 12:42:36

Happy Christmas Everyone and a big hug for those who find this time of year difficult. xx

harrysgran Mon 25-Dec-17 12:50:09

Happy Christmas to everyone just having a coffee with a good glug of Bailey's added cheers glug

1974cookie Mon 25-Dec-17 14:10:50

Happy Christmas to all you lovely Gransnetters.
Finished night duty this morning, had a little sleep, have got all glammed up, just went to put the turkey crown in the oven only to find that it is still frozen in places so no Xmas dinner today.
Do you know what though? Once upon a time I would have been absolutely devastated and in floods of tears.
Now, I just think okay. It is just another day, so what, and my partner has the same sentiments.
May you all have a wonderful time.

granmanat Mon 25-Dec-17 14:49:05

I've just popped in to wish all Gransnetters Merry Christmas!!
To you 1974cookie I raise my glass and say 'cheers'
and thank you. It's lovely people like you who have already done a days work today in hospital, looking after the likes of my brother who is recovering after suffering an aneurism.
Despite the uncooked turkey, I hope you're having a lovely day .
wine

Skweek1 Mon 25-Dec-17 15:09:08

I'll bring along our goose - partially cooked - and my Xmas cake (finally got round to icing it this morning, and my cake decoration is a nightmare, but with all that booze, who cares)? I've got "The only Christmas CD you'll ever need", so have a great party! Happy Yuletide, all. Love and hugs. wine

1974cookie Mon 25-Dec-17 15:47:53

Thank You granmanat. What a lovely thought.
I was so glad to hear that your Brother is recovering after his aneurism too.
We have just sat down and opened our presents with a glass or two of bubbly and a few nibbles.
Do you know what? It has actually been quite nice not having to disappear to the kitchen every so often to check on the dinner ! smile
So in actual fact granmanat, both of us are having a really nice day despite the lack of the christmas dinner.
Thank you for thinking of me. I hope that you are having a lovely day too. tchsmile.

Cherrytree59 Mon 25-Dec-17 15:48:16

Hope the day has passed pleasantly for all GNers?tchsmile.

Cookie that's the spirit!wine
Its taken along time for me to realise just what it is in life that is really important and to try and be more flexible.

EllieRose43 Mon 25-Dec-17 18:55:55

I'm a bit late to the party but can bring along some Baileys and 'pigs in blankets'. Oh, and half a Christmas pud. Had glorious weather here in Cyprus and a lovely day with close friends. Hope you all had a happy and peaceful day however you chose to spend it.

EllieRose43 Mon 25-Dec-17 19:01:33

I'm a bit late to the party but can bring some Baileys and 'pigs in blankets'. Oh, and half a Christmas pud!
Blue skies and sunshine here in Cyprus today and a lovely day spent with close friends. Hope you all had a happy and peaceful Christmas Day however you chose to spend it.

NannyTee Mon 25-Dec-17 19:13:23

Phew glad I made it. Just putting my house back together after a feast with DD and DGC . So tiring but loved every minute. I would like to wish anyone who is alone, sad ,depressed or poorly a Merry Christmas and hope for happiness in 2018.

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 25-Dec-17 19:54:45

Back again. Merry Christmas to everyone! ?????

Stuffed to the gills with lovely tucker. Hope some festive cheer has come your way. It's chucked it down all day here today. Didn't stop us enjoying all the Christmas lights on the way home from Christmas lunch.

IngeJones Mon 25-Dec-17 20:04:42

After my baby grandson had been and gone I was too tired to tidy up after him. That will have to be tomorrow's job smile

Chewbacca Mon 25-Dec-17 20:10:08

I can bring the sausages wrapped in bacon that I forgot to put in the oven for dinner. I do the same thing every Christmas. 45 years of cooking Christmas dinners and I still haven't remembered. hmm

AlieOxon Mon 25-Dec-17 20:41:52

Back to say goodnight - a good day done and we're all stuffed with turkey and heading for bed to relax, all tired.
GN, GN.

newnanny Mon 25-Dec-17 20:45:01

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you had a good one. I will raise a glass of dry martini and lemonade to you.

NanKate Mon 25-Dec-17 21:16:56

Another latecomer to the party. Sitting in bed after a good family day with our two full on grandsons. Sipping Lemsip as I have had a grotty throat and threatening cold for a couple of days.

Hope you have all enjoyed yourselves even if you have had a solo Christmas Day.

In about 10 days or so we should notice the days getting a little longer and lighter, yippee.

Thebeeb Mon 25-Dec-17 21:19:15

Me too Chewbacca. It’s always the sausages in bacon! Or I cook them and forget to put them on the table and find them after dinner. Me too for 45 years.

NannyTee Mon 25-Dec-17 21:23:16

grin

Chewbacca Mon 25-Dec-17 21:25:24

It's all right you giggling NannyTee, but I've got so many sausages wrapped in bacon and left over turkey that well be eating it next August!

NannyTee Mon 25-Dec-17 21:32:21

I'm giggling because I've got the same Chewbacca . I was thinking of doing a car boot boxing day sale haha .

Mapleleaf Tue 26-Dec-17 10:49:59

Hope you all had a good Christmas Day. I managed to get the food quantities mostly right so not too many left overs other than the meat, of course but that will get eaten over the coming days. Have a nice Boxing Day. ??

silverlining48 Tue 26-Dec-17 16:32:00

Sitting quietly at home, new woodburner doi ng its thing. Shared and finished a whole ( small) box of Ferrero.
Dh fast asleep again and i am enjoying a moment to myself.
Seeing our two small gcs was lovely but cant believe the decibels they emit. So from now til after new year its all quiet on the grandma front. Merry christmas to you all and importantly a healthy and happy 2018.

1974cookie Tue 26-Dec-17 17:12:19

Turkey now in the oven after finally defrosting,roastchicken veg prepared, now chilling out with a glass of vino and visiting Gransnet.
Our dinner yesterday was made with store cupboard ingredients + a couple of wrinkly peppers from the fridge. I made a Corned Beef Hash with soft poached eggs which turned out absolutely delicious. My Partner was in his element. He loves the idea of a meal made with whatever you have to hand anyway.
I was so chuffed.
I could now say that the next Christmas that I get off from work I will do the same, but it would not work. These things have to be spontaneous.
Happy Boxing Day to all Gransnetters. smile smile

NannyTee Tue 26-Dec-17 20:12:07

Looking forward to tomorrow. Our first day to relax. I'm not leaving this house haha