Gransnet forums

Christmas

For those of you who are alone,lonely or worried.

(34 Posts)
silversurf Mon 25-Dec-17 10:39:34

Seasons greetings and try to have a peaceful and relaxed day.
Bless you all.

Legs55 Tue 26-Dec-17 20:27:30

I went to DD's yesterday, arrived about 10.15, had 3/4 of an hour with my 2 lovely DGSs, shame little one (7 months old) wasn't well but we kept him amused, before our friend arrived. Lots of presents all round & a lovely Lunch, left at 3.30.

I enjoyed a quiet evening on my own, cat for company or at least he was in & asleep on the settee.

Today I went out for my papers (normally delivered but not today), rest of the day I have watched TV, read papers & ignored the houseworktchblush

Tomorrow everything will be back to normal, don't celebrate New Year's Eve although if my neighbour is at home we may well go outside to wish each other a Happy New Year.

Reflecting that it is almost 5 years since DH died, 5 years ago he had just been transferred from Hospital to a Nursing Home, so many happy memories. I am not sad or lonely as I now live nearer my DD & have made lots of new friends.

To those of you who are sad, on your own or generally having a difficult time flowers

Luckygirl Tue 26-Dec-17 22:17:43

Sending kind thoughts to all those for whom Christmas has been a challenge. flowers

Anniebach Tue 26-Dec-17 22:22:40

Hope you got through without too much stress Luckygirl , have that chat with your G.P x

Overthehills Tue 26-Dec-17 23:13:39

Annie I think your brother is your greatest ally here. Talk to
him and he may be able to help you to get on an even keel with your sisters. Lots of misunderstandings and hurt feelings, I really hope you can sort things out and that 2018 will be a better year for you.

Anniebach Wed 27-Dec-17 05:00:52

It was helpful typing my post , cleared things up by sharing them instead of going over them alone. My brother shouldn't have to be bothered with this, my sisters are in their sixties, if they did to anyone what they have done to me I would be ashamed of their behaviour, they now have the truth but still remain silent. One has Parkinson's, one had another heart attack the day before my daughters funeral and the youngest has been in a loveless marriage for some years, could be they are turning bitter as they age and battle with those problems.

Billybob4491 Wed 27-Dec-17 05:06:54

I think Anniebach you will find that
most families have complicated issues, I hope yours will be resolved soon.

NonnaW Wed 27-Dec-17 10:43:27

I’m sure annie knows that more than most

Anniebach Wed 27-Dec-17 11:57:10

I certaintly know Nonna ?