Gransnet forums

Christmas

Christmas jumpers - nice or naff?

(85 Posts)
kittylester Fri 23-Nov-18 16:27:58

I think there is a time and place. I have a grey jumper with a few discreet diamante stars which I wear when I'm being sophisticated gringrin and one with a reindeer on for Alzheimers Christmas parties - I wouldn't wear that any other time. blush

EllanVannin Fri 23-Nov-18 16:26:59

I've spent a week trying to get a jumper for each of my GGC for their school day next month. These are second-hand jumpers as they'll be no good next year and the amounts that people are bidding is ridiculous. I thought I was safe with a bid of £7.50 a minute before the bidding ended but----------out of nowhere came £ 9.50 and with postage of £3.45 where's the sense ? New ones cost less. I've given up !
I'm afraid I'm not a very savvy bidder and not a patient one either.

Jalima1108 Fri 23-Nov-18 16:22:39

My jumper is not really Christmassy and it is very very tasteful.
grin

Greenfinch Fri 23-Nov-18 16:03:53

Good to see children in them .Not sure about adults.I would never wear one.

Jalima1108 Fri 23-Nov-18 16:03:46

I have a rather glitzy jumper which I bought in C&A about 25 years ago! However, it's so warm that, unless we have 'deep and crisp and even' snow and ice I rarely wear it, so yes, it's in excellent condition.

Oakleaf Fri 23-Nov-18 16:01:44

The irony is that the Christmas jumpers in the shops have probably come from sweatshops using cheap and possibly child labour so something very wrong about Save the Children's involvement in it. This link is five years old but the concerns remain. bit.ly/2FPIpcv

KatyK Fri 23-Nov-18 15:49:01

I personally don't like them but if I was still working I would probably join in the Save the Children Christmas jumper day on 14th December.

PECS Fri 23-Nov-18 15:47:54

I have a couple of cheap jumpers with a bit of sparkle that come out for the festive season. This will be the 4 or 5th year for this batch! Might get a new one next year!

sodapop Fri 23-Nov-18 15:43:58

Sorry its a naff from me. Bah, humbug.

petitpois Fri 23-Nov-18 15:22:24

Personally, I love mine. BUT I do try and buy second-hand where possible so I'm not creating extra waste. People tend to only wear them a few times so they're usually in excellent condition. Glitzier, sillier and more embarrassing the better - in my opinion. tchgrin