Gransnet forums

Christmas

Christmas cards

(78 Posts)
Thomas67 Sat 23-Nov-19 10:04:26

I’m not sending them but giving the money to charity. I have done a mini personal survey of Facebook chums and the majority agreed with me. I then emailed everyone I send cards to and asked-then. It was a chatty mail with news in,
I was stunned when two relatives who I see and phone were cross with me, Apparently I’m rude ,
What do you think?
I’m doing it to save waste and give to charity. It also hurts my hand to write them. That’s not the main reason though.

Happysexagenarian Fri 13-Dec-19 16:19:38

I look forward to receiving Christmas cards each year, and I enjoy choosing and sending them, despite the exorbitant cost of postage. When sending cards to AC and GC I put each family's cards in a big envelope to reduce postage. Some of the people on our 'card list' we only commuicate with at Christmas time so I include a letter (not a round robin) and photos and look forward to hearing their news in return. It's not boastful, we have known some of them over 60 years and shared happy and sad times with them and it's just a nice way to keep in touch and let them know we still value their friendship. I'm not really a big fan of e-cards, though Jackie Lawson's are lovely, and I do buy her Advent Calendar each year for my own amusement.

Happysexagenarian Fri 13-Dec-19 16:42:37

Forgot to add I recycle received cards each year by cutting them up to make next years gift tags. Wrapping paper is also ironed and recycled if possible.