Gransnet forums

Christmas

Breakfast on Christmas day?

(32 Posts)
bettydl Thu 19-Dec-19 17:12:02

Any idea on something special that works well for young children?

Since our children are still young I don't think there is going to be a sit down meal at the table but rather eaten in front of the Christmas tree. We've already made raspberry jam especially for Christmas Day but am at a loss on how to serve a 'special' breakfast that doesn't involve a lot of time for me or my husband in the kitchen.

M0nica Thu 19-Dec-19 20:09:11

I leave each family member to fossick around and fix themselves the breakfast of their choice, tea or coffee, fruit juice and/or fruit, toast, cereal or scarmbled eggs.

I do not have any breakfast on Christmas day. I just wait till lunchtime.

Pudding123 Thu 19-Dec-19 20:21:57

Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for me with hot buttered sourdough toast and coffee which I take back to bed with me

Pantglas2 Thu 19-Dec-19 20:28:56

Pudding 123 - that hot buttered sourdough sounds lovely to me! We’ll probably add scrambled eggs to that along with Buck’s Fizz and along with await-awhile to a late Christmas lunch!

LadyGracie Thu 19-Dec-19 21:42:21

When we were children we always had pork pie but I can't remember for the life of me what we had it with it.

dizzyblonde Thu 19-Dec-19 21:52:41

We have kedgeree and Buck’s Fizz. Will make the kedgeree this weekend and freeze. Can be heated in microwave and eaten in bowls on the sofa.

GrandmaMoira Thu 19-Dec-19 22:04:34

Smoked salmon and scrambled egg here.