Gransnet forums

Christmas

All I want for Christmas is ???

(108 Posts)
sazz1 Tue 24-Nov-20 21:06:43

I really don't know what I want for Christmas this year. So can you all tell me what you would like to receive and give me some ideas? I don't wear jewellery but all ideas welcome.
Oh and what was your worst present ever? Mine was a small jar of instant coffee from DDs boyfriend at the time.

nipsmum Wed 25-Nov-20 10:30:01

I love vouchers and then I can buy something I would not be able to afford normally.

Applegran Wed 25-Nov-20 10:35:13

I am no longer young and don't have many things I either need, want or have space for, so this year I am thinking I may ask for donations to a refugee or a homeless charity - people who have none of the good things I have. I know others are not in such a good place as I am - I am truly lucky - and it will be different for different people.

Lesley60 Wed 25-Nov-20 10:40:45

Because there’s nothing I want or need I ask my daughter for a voucher for my favourite Bueaty salon, I love having this for birthday, Mother’s Day and Christmas it means I get lovely facials etc that I’m to tight to buy for myself and it saves her from stressing about what to get me.
I think my worst present was a pair of tea towels from my ex mother in law.

riccib123 Wed 25-Nov-20 10:43:02

joannapiano... I really hope you get good news on the 17th x

Mollygo Wed 25-Nov-20 10:44:08

Kindle books, flowers and some really nice truffles.
I’d like to see family, but wonder if it’s worth driving over 200 miles at a time when the roads could be crammed with folk trying to meet up.
I guess it’ll be a zoom/FaceTime/WhatsApp day. How lucky we are that the technology is available.

SillyNanny321 Wed 25-Nov-20 11:06:54

Covid dead & gone forever please!

allium Wed 25-Nov-20 11:10:57

Normality?

hulahoop Wed 25-Nov-20 11:11:03

Like most I would just like a covi d free 2021. So we can all see our families and be safe .

Kim19 Wed 25-Nov-20 11:22:34

I would like nothing tangible but offers of coffee/meals/outings would be lovely. Gives me something to look forward to and meet up with those I really care for.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 25-Nov-20 11:27:51

Same as Chewbacca I've little interest in material things as I have all I need.

Happysexagenarian Wed 25-Nov-20 11:32:09

joannapiano........ keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you on 17th. We're in a similar position. God bless flowers

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 25-Nov-20 11:33:40

A dear friend bought be a beautiful coloured scarf, but if was made with wool and feathers - Yikes I am allergic to both. I had to suggest, as kindly as possible, that she give it to someone else.

Humbertbear Wed 25-Nov-20 11:43:28

I’m getting an Apple Pen and the book of the exhibition about the Arctic which I couldn’t go to see at the BM. I’d like a bread maker.

lizzypopbottle Wed 25-Nov-20 11:44:57

I keep thinking of things I'd really like for Christmas but I can't for-the-life-of-me remember what they are now, so no help or ideas there, sazz1, sorry.

I also can't recall any awful presents I've received but my mother gave my husband a truly ugly jumper one year. It was chunky and a bilious shade of green with little flecks of pink, orange and blue. He was quite keen on clothes and took it personally. ?

vampirequeen Wed 25-Nov-20 11:45:06

I want money because I'm saving for a Swytch wheel system.

quizqueen Wed 25-Nov-20 11:51:58

...A real Brexit i.e. to be totally independent from the EU just as all the other countries they trade with are and to be pain free.

Mealybug Wed 25-Nov-20 12:00:59

I'm not really bothered about presents and tell my Dtr every year not to buy us anything but she always does. I would be quite happy with a plant for the garden or a rose bush but she doesn't think that's the right kind of present. I used to do the books for a Racing Pigeon Club and one year they bought me a football lol

Liz46 Wed 25-Nov-20 12:14:11

I am not supposed to go into a shop but I have been craving Thornton’s milk chocolate champagne truffles for months. My daughter usually buys me some for Christmas but we have decided to not meet up this year. Roll on that vaccine.

Aepgirl Wed 25-Nov-20 12:17:16

A COVID vaccine, washed down with a Jack Daniels and ginger, and Brie and biscuits. Sorted.

EllanVannin Wed 25-Nov-20 12:21:11

Decent health for family and self, nothing else.
Best outcome for Joannapiano.

Coco51 Wed 25-Nov-20 12:22:06

Better Health and looking forward to when I can hug my GCs

Alioop Wed 25-Nov-20 12:46:04

I want everyone of course to stay healthy and Covid to clear off. I would also like comfy warm PJs, box of chocs and a bottle of Bailey's as that is how I plan to spend Boxing Day on my own.

Justanotherwannabe Wed 25-Nov-20 13:18:59

My DH has a record of getting things slightly wrong. For instance the first Christmas I asked for a record by - **. He bought me a record- same piece of music- by a brass band!

Onwardsandupwards Wed 25-Nov-20 13:58:59

A flu jab! Can’t get one for love nor money!

Greyduster Wed 25-Nov-20 14:04:45

I’m too busy trying to second guess what my family would like for Christmas to spend time thinking about what I want, because they aren’t being very forthcoming at the mo! Some semblance of normality and to see everyone round my Christmas table would do for starters.