Gransnet forums

Christmas

The Gransnet 2020 Christmas playlist

(94 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 14-Dec-20 12:42:59

Whether you're a seasoned Gransnet Virtual Christmas Party guest every year or it's your first time joining in the fun, everyone is welcome to our annual knees-up. Thanks to our sponsors ]], there's even a chance to win a £100 voucher this year!

Head over to our Virtual Christmas Party thread here to get involved and find out how to win.

And what does every Christmas party need? A cracking playlist to get you into the festive mood. Add your song choices on this thread, and we'll use your requests to make the ultimate Gransnet Christmas playlist (coming soon!) tchgrin

EDIT: The [[https://www.gransnet.com/christmas/gransnet-christmas-playlist Gransnet Christmas Playlist] is now live! Let us know us on the thread if your favourite is missing and we'll see what we can do to get it added.

henetha Tue 15-Dec-20 09:46:16

Me too baubles, but it always makes me cry.
I recently discovered a beautiful Christmas song. It is
"Mary Did You Know". I like the version sung by CeeLo Green, but there are other versions.
I wish I was clever enough to upload it here.

Fernbergien Tue 15-Dec-20 09:58:12

Christmas Dream by Perry Como. Such a lovely song but not well known. Maybe play it on u-tube. Was in the Odessa File which was a good film. Worth watching.

Lookout01 Tue 15-Dec-20 10:05:25

White Christmas by Michael Bublé and Shania Twain. So happy and makes you want to jig!

Lin663 Tue 15-Dec-20 10:07:13

Bing Crosby White Christmas

Craftycat Tue 15-Dec-20 10:08:24

Fairy Tale in New York. I love it!

GolferGrandma Tue 15-Dec-20 10:09:21

Love all Xmas songs but can’t believe no one has mentioned White Xmas Bing Crosby! And what about It’s the Most Wonderful Tine of the Year Andy Williams.

Nanny27 Tue 15-Dec-20 10:14:23

artalar I'm sure 'A spaceman came travelling' is by Chris de Burgh.
Pentatonix sing a gorgeous version of 'Mary did you know'

Nanny27 Tue 15-Dec-20 10:15:12

I'm sorry if I upset anyone but I'm heartily sick of Fairytale of NY.

TrendyNannie6 Tue 15-Dec-20 10:16:34

East 17

Fernhillnana Tue 15-Dec-20 10:19:55

Bob Dylan singing Oh Come All Ye Faithful. One of the most sinister things I’ve ever heard!

Pammie46 Tue 15-Dec-20 10:22:01

All day long it’s got to be wham and last Xmas. The video is so cheesy but so right. And who can’t resist the beautiful george

Lizzie44 Tue 15-Dec-20 10:23:29

For me it's Chris Rea's "Driving Home for Christmas" - we used to play it the car on our drive back to Scotland after having had to relocate from Glasgow to Sheffield in the 1980s. I think the song has now been hijacked by Dominic Cummings...

Growing0ldDisgracefully Tue 15-Dec-20 10:30:39

I love arrangements and compositions by The Piano Guys, a duo of piano and cello. They have an album called the Piano Guys Family Christmas with some lovely arrangements. I think my favourite on there is Still, Still, Still.

Grandyma Tue 15-Dec-20 10:39:37

Feliz Navidad and Fairytale of New York

knspol Tue 15-Dec-20 10:41:51

Another vote here for Fairy Tale of New York and also White Christmas.

Calendargirl Tue 15-Dec-20 10:53:27

‘Winter Wonderland’.

Always makes me think of my childhood.

Must look up who sang it and when.

Grandmabeach Tue 15-Dec-20 10:55:17

Fernbergien

Christmas Dream by Perry Como. Such a lovely song but not well known. Maybe play it on u-tube. Was in the Odessa File which was a good film. Worth watching.

Thank you for that Fernbergien. We often spent Christmas in the USA and there was one store which always played that song at Christmas. I liked it so much I even asked store assistants if they knew what it was called but nobody knew. Just played it on u-tube and it immediately brought back many happy memories of past Christmases.

Lupin Tue 15-Dec-20 11:00:19

The haunting A Winters Tale by David Essex and anything Christmassy sung by Steeleye Span and Maddy Prior. I don't tire of Fairy Tale of New York either.

Patsy429 Tue 15-Dec-20 11:11:16

Grannywannynanny - This made me cry! Fabulous welcome at Belfast Airport.

Spec1alk Tue 15-Dec-20 11:23:09

Mine would be Chris De Berg’s A Spaceman Came Travelling ?

Theoddbird Tue 15-Dec-20 11:37:41

Chris de Burgh A Spaceman Came Travelling The best Christmas song ever. .

maryrose54 Tue 15-Dec-20 11:40:43

Bing Crosby White Christmas, Chris Rea Driving home for Christmas but definitely not Fairy Tale of New York, sorry.

Foxyferret Tue 15-Dec-20 11:41:17

John Denver, A baby just like you, written for his son Zachery. Also Christmas for cowboys by John Denver. (Can you tell I am a big fan?)

Aepgirl Tue 15-Dec-20 11:43:16

Michael Buble - not seen him on TV at all this Christmas run-up. Where is he?

ALANaV Tue 15-Dec-20 12:05:41

I love all of them ...Driving Home for Christmas being one ...sadly not many will be doing that this year .........Faity Tale of New York as its fun ! Sleigh Bells Ring...think its called Walking in a Winter Wonderland ...Silent Night, a Spaceman Came travelling .........I could go on ...just put me down for all of them ! smile