Gransnet forums

Christmas

Alone at Christmas - am I expecting too much?

(53 Posts)
Roobi Tue 27-Dec-22 10:58:50

My closest and oldest friend knows I’m spending Christmas and new year alone and won’t see anyone. She also knows I have COVID, so couldn’t go out even if I was well enough. Last year was my first Christmas completely alone, due to bereavements, and she knows I found it difficult. She’s celebrating with family as usual, which is lovely, but is it too much to have hoped for a quick phone call at some point? She’s found time to post on social media about the great time she’s having, but not even to ask how I am.

A number of things are making me re-evaluate this relationship now, but am I being unfair, or reasonable? I’m trying to work that out. I know how I’d respond if she was alone and unwell over Christmas. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Odette52 Thu 29-Dec-22 17:47:31

As I get older my bottom teeth are ‘moving’ and I hate the effect on me talking (am now inclined to spit !) … has anyone used these much advertised tooth alignments. Thought it might straighten out the few bottom
Teeth that need just a little move..
Don’t want to spend much money as I could just accept ‘the aging process’… NOT!🤣

Caleo Sun 01-Jan-23 10:33:29

Odette, have you tried denture fixative? It works for my top teeth. I don't have lower denture and have heard they are more difficult to anchor. My guess is you need to go to the dentist for an impression and new lower denture, as gums shrink.