Gransnet forums

Christmas

The Gransnet virtual Christmas party 2023

(88 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

AnnieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-Dec-23 15:05:12

Welcome, everyone to our virtual Christmas party.

We have our incredibly tasteless decorations strung up, a plate of mince pies, and a vat of Baileys at the ready.

We know that for many reasons, some GNers might be spending the festive season on their own, so, if that's the case and you fancy some company - or if you just want to drop in away from the chaos of home, do join us. All are welcome.

Anything goes - from your favourite recipes, and worst festive jokes*, to TV and film recommendations. And if you let us know your favourite Christmas song, we'll add them all to a playlist.

So, grab your preferred beverage, don your cosiest jumper, and celebrate with your fellow GNers. Merry Christmas!

*What is Santa’s favourite pizza?
One that’s deep-pan, crisp and even.

rubysong Mon 25-Dec-23 00:05:32

Happy Christmas everyone.
I'll call in to the party tomorrow and bring my bottle of homemade sloe gin.
Night night x

Aldom Mon 25-Dec-23 00:09:07

It's Christmas Day. Happy Christmas to everyone reading this. flowers

Aveline Mon 25-Dec-23 05:43:38

Am wide awake. It's going to be a long day. Time for coffee, fresh orange juice and croissants? I think so.

grandMattie Mon 25-Dec-23 06:37:08

Been awake for two hours now, different bed/noises.

My absolute favourite joke, which no one seems to get (there is nothing to get, that’s the joke) is: what’s the difference between a duck? One of its legs is both the same.
Terrible isn’t it? It makes me crease up every time I hear/say it!

Gingerrice Mon 25-Dec-23 07:27:51

Coming late ( or early depending how you look at it) to the party but I'm bringing cheese footballs
Still laughing ( politely ) at the duck joke and trying to work it out ....
What did one snowman say to the other snowman?
Can you smell carrots?

DanniRae Mon 25-Dec-23 08:05:23

What's the difference between a snowman and snowwoman?
Oh No! just realised this is too rude!! I'll leave it to you to figure out. tchblush

NotSpaghetti Mon 25-Dec-23 08:21:28

🎄🥳🎁💐🙏
Happy Christmas everyone

Grannynannywanny Mon 25-Dec-23 09:51:13

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas 🎄 🎅🏻 🥂

Special thoughts to those Gransnetters who have an empty chair at the Christmas table this year 💐

Ziplok Mon 25-Dec-23 10:52:51

Wishing everyone all the best for Christmas. 🎄🎄

bikergran Mon 25-Dec-23 11:10:42

Off over ti my dad's, but fingers crossed will drop in later with my Inflatable friend grin I used to have two but one disappeared after the last virtual gransnet party[ hmm]

rubysong Mon 25-Dec-23 21:59:46

Hope everyone has had a lovely time today. Here's what is left of the sloe gin if anyone fancies a glass. Actually I only had one glass, topped up with lemonade. Do we lose our taste for booze as we get older? A quiet day today for us, before tomorrow's mayhem when DS2 and family descend.

Grannmarie Thu 28-Dec-23 21:01:56

I've brought the Hoover and bin bags, I think the party is over ?
Thank you, Anniegransnet and all who contributed, hope to see you all again next Christmas!