Gransnet forums

Competitions

NOW CLOSED: Do you recognise yourself in your grandchild(ren)? Tell us and win a bundle of kids' books

(87 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 15-Jan-16 15:27:07

An expression? A mannerism? A fearless nature? A dimple? Tell us and we'll choose a winner at random to win a bundle of children's books.

Normal T&Cs apply. Competition closes midday on Wed 20th Jan.

aligiraffe Wed 20-Jan-16 07:58:22

Everyone says my granddaughter is the spit of me at the same age. She is also fearless & outspoken which my Mum keeps saying 'she's just like you were' plus she overwhelms her big brother just like I did with her sheer energy!

stoodles Wed 20-Jan-16 08:39:35

I don't, but thy are steps, not blood. I wait with interest to see if anything appears when my children reproduce. Having spent my childhood being told I was the image of my grannma, I expect something to carry through

glammanana Wed 20-Jan-16 08:39:38

Both of my DGDs take after me they are very forthright in their opinions and will fight their corner if they think they are right whilst listening to other sides,mind you DGD2 has to as she is the only girl with 5 brothers and DGD1 is an only child,they both resemble my side of the family in their tall skinny appearance and "Olive Oil" legs something I can't now take any credit for hmm

Funnygran Wed 20-Jan-16 09:31:33

I recently showed my daughter a photo of my grandmother. Taken about 1910, it's interesting for her clothes and hairstyle. DD looked at it hard then announced that she now knew where we all (DGD included) got our square jaw!

cathyov Wed 20-Jan-16 09:42:57

I always find it difficult to see likeness to myself but as for my grandson he is so like his grandfather and in character too and no I do not want him to grow out of it!

jacqroberts Wed 20-Jan-16 10:14:28

Oh lordy everyday when they give me a sarcastic retort. I taught them well too well.

paperbackbutterfly Wed 20-Jan-16 10:17:40

My grand daughter is nearly 3 and her eyes light up when she sees a book. 'Ohhh new book Grandma', she was so delighted when I gave her a book as a gift and she turns the pages so carefully, looking at everything. She certainly reminds me of myself as I still get a thrill from buying a book and as a school librarian I am in my ideal job. A mini librarian in the making I think

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-Jan-16 13:35:30

Congrats to GrAnne2 who has been picked at random to win a bundle of books.

Please check your emails.

NanaandGrampy Wed 20-Jan-16 17:19:27

Each of our little ones has a tiny part like me.

The QOTU ( Queen of the Universe) is my 9 yr old DGD and we shop like there's no tomorrow. Not only that but we round up acres of hangers , go to the changing room and she tries on whilst I sit outside and wait for the fashion show !!. Our favourite phrase is ' I like it , but I don't LOVE it !)

Our 6 yr old DGS is like me in that he feels no cold...we both have soup for blood.

Our 4 yr old DGS is my swimming buddy. We're both water babies and even swim in the outdoor pool at the gym !

Our 2 yr old DGS is my reader, books books and more books. Turn off the TV Nana let's read. He and I can easily while away an afternoon curled up on the sofa together reading our books.

albertina Wed 20-Jan-16 20:00:33

My GD bears a strong facial resemblance to my mother at 9 years of age. Sometimes we laugh together at nothing in particular which means she has a daft sense of humour like me. She loves books and so do I.

dragonfly63 Mon 25-Jan-16 21:11:24

Its fascinating to hear your expressions and tone of voice in the things that little ones say. We are their example so not really surprising that they grow in our image mentally if not always physically.