Gransnet forums

Competitions

Competition: Win £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of Tiger Days. **NOW CLOSED**

(262 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 30-Aug-16 15:06:56

At Willowgate House, no day is ever dull for Tiger! Win a £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of this heart-warming tale about animals, adventure and the special relationship between a grandmother and her grandchild, by bestselling author Sarah Lean.

When nine-year-old Tiger Days stays with her grandmother at Willowgate House she never knows what might happen… new friends to meet, animals to rescue and problems to solve!

Tiger returns to Willowgate and discovers someone, or something, has been digging up plants, burying eggs and even taking socks from the washing line! And a mysterious tunnel has appeared under the shed… Tiger and her friend Tom turn detective - determined to solve the mystery.

Tiger Days has beautiful black-and-white illustrations throughout and is suitable for children 7+.

To be in with a chance to win a £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of Tiger Days, tell us what makes your relationship with your grandchild special.

Can't wait? Purchase your copy of Tiger Days on Amazon or from all good booksellers, and find out more about the author Sarah Lean on her website.

Download an extract from chapter one of Tiger here.

This competition closes at midday on 14 November 2016.

flossy1973 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:15:27

Loving them as much as your own children!

Grannymoz Thu 01-Sep-16 21:24:24

Seeing their mum in them is so special, it takes me back. I love that it's different to when you are a mum, the love is as deep but the dynamic is so different. They make me feel young again

liz1970 Thu 01-Sep-16 22:13:52

My first grandchild is only 3 months old, but the smile on his face when his eyes meet mine makes my heart melt I know he recognises me smile

marpau Fri 02-Sep-16 00:01:16

We go on adventures with eldest grandson days when he can have one to one time as he so often has to put his plans on hold due to his younger brother having cerebral palsy. He never complains just accepts he can't always do the things he would like to do so we treasure the times we can let him choose activities which don't need to be cut short.

cornergran Fri 02-Sep-16 04:26:35

We offer that magic thing in short supply in their busy lives - time.

sfancy Fri 02-Sep-16 11:38:43

I love how affectionate my grandson is and how we can spend quality time together. It keeps me young.

kamoc Fri 02-Sep-16 13:31:48

he comes over every saturday and it's such a wonderful time that we have.

cC21 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:47:11

I was there when my grandson was born 5 years ago. He came bursting into the world and stole my heart. His mummy has special needs and my son is her main carer. I have been involved so much with my grandson's life. He's always happy and he's very sensitive to his mum's condition.
He makes me giggle, go on fairground rides, chase butterflies... the list is endless.
Our relationship is so special to both of us, and I hope it remains so for many years. Love him to bits.?

franjo Fri 02-Sep-16 18:36:55

Grandchildren love the one to one time you can give them in this busy world. It's good to do different activities with the varying age groups but also nice at times to do some things altogether like going to the cinema where granny can enjoy a children's film too!

juliedee Fri 02-Sep-16 20:27:53

i havent got grandchildren, but love the nieces little ones visiting, great to see them grow and all their little quirks! priceless.

ykellock Fri 02-Sep-16 21:37:36

Spending time and playing with my grandaughter and giving her my undivided attention without thinking what else I have to do. I love playing games with her and taking her walks as she loves looking at everything and ask lots of questions.

Liz46 Sat 03-Sep-16 09:05:22

While I was helping my granddaughter with some knitting, I was vaguely aware of a photograph being taken. It appeared on Mother's Day on Facebook. My daughter put it on, thanking me for my endless patience with my grandchildren.

It's easy to be patient when you are not doing it full time!

sallie Sat 03-Sep-16 09:30:38

daisy makes me laugh,even when she's nodding off to sleep on my knee,she is a joy

bumblebee Sat 03-Sep-16 10:55:57

Every moment with grandchildren is just so precious.

For their unconditional love, how they make sure a piece of cake or a chocolate is specially reserved just for me.
For the sheer wonder of observing their development, their unbridled passion for learning and discovery, how they find even the simplest thing amazing.
And for their infectious energy, how they keep us young.

They are truly a gift that keeps on giving.

smile

ftovey7 Sat 03-Sep-16 11:24:12

The time with my grandchildren is special, I don't have to worry about getting all those other things done like I used to with my own children. I love it when they smile and laugh.

jeapurs54 Sat 03-Sep-16 11:30:22

My Grandaughters live in Durham which means I don't get to see them very often as they live too far from me in Essex. When I do see them I make the most of spending lots of quality time with them both ( 8 and 6) we go to the park and feed squirrels, go to the zoo and have great fun feeding the animals and just have fun racing after the 2 year old when she decides to run away. It's lovely being able to spend quality time with them and I make the most of it when they visit time with them while they are so young and such fun, children grow up so fast these days and I want them to have great memories of Nanny and Grandad being fun like I did when I was their age.

Andrea1 Sat 03-Sep-16 15:24:07

I love nothing more than reading books and building things with duplo with my grandson. His smiles when he sees me lights up my day.

Barry60 Sat 03-Sep-16 16:20:34

We have "special" "secret" treats that their mum and dad supposedly don'the know about, like Midnight Feasts on the picnic blanket. Little do they know it's only 8 o'clock!

rachelmi Sat 03-Sep-16 16:29:24

Having lots of fun without all the responsibility when raising my own children ( best of both worlds!!)

Annie29 Sat 03-Sep-16 19:28:27

When my granddaughter tells me i am her best friend.

mbody Sun 04-Sep-16 11:47:14

Because he's simply the best little boy ever as every grandparent will agree!

Pumpkin2 Sun 04-Sep-16 16:33:28

Although I have joined Gransnet, my first grandchild has yet to be born, so I have all this to look forward to.

GrannyGlyn Sun 04-Sep-16 19:58:37

I love that they always seem so happy to spend time with me. The way they rush into my house always makes me feel special. I have more time to spend with them and I try to make it count. I think I must be doing something right!

Bellroyd Mon 05-Sep-16 07:28:20

It's special because we have quality time with them whereas the parents have so little time to experience the joy of growing up and being as big a part of it as they really should be.

GrAnne2 Mon 05-Sep-16 09:19:11

Mine is doubly special, with twin granddaughters: we are friends & playmates, confidantes and, sometimes, I'm their stand-in mum if they're unwell. Most of all they remind me daily of the unfettered joy to be found in the smallest thing when you are a child (a useful fillip when you're getting old!)