Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Care to share a bit of humour?

(76 Posts)
grannyactivist Sat 14-Mar-20 15:12:36

I'll start off with an oldie that still makes me smile:

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patty Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a £20,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow £20,000, and he wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says, "It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

(You sang it, didn't you? grin)

MissAdventure Fri 20-Mar-20 16:28:52

Daddima grin

Nice to see you posting, by the way.

JackyB Thu 02-Apr-20 12:17:05

I'm sending my DSs a joke a day and have used some of these. There was another thread with jokes called "Make me laugh" or something, but I can't find it under "Chat" or "Coronavirus" or "Ask A Gran" or anywhere else. Can someone remember where it was and post a link please?

As I'm posting here, I'd better put a joke in myself:

I was so bored yeterday with this lockdown that I started memorising the dictionary. I learned next to nothing.

Elegran Thu 02-Apr-20 12:20:55

I once knew a man with no shins, Rufus He didn't stay around long - he was footloose and fancy free.

NannyJan53 Thu 02-Apr-20 12:31:54

This!

Jane10 Thu 02-Apr-20 13:37:34

grin

Rufus2 Thu 02-Apr-20 13:52:58

^
once knew a man with no shins...^
Oh come on, Elegran! You've had a fortnight and is that all you can come up with?
You can do better than that! grin
OoRoo

Rufus2 Fri 03-Apr-20 14:41:41

Here's one suitable for a friendly, gentle thread:
"Jimmy had gone for an elephant ride in the zoo, but halfway through the ride the elephant handler was called away. Feeling pretty confident, Jimmy kept guiding the elephant on his own. It was great fun until it came time to go home and he realised he didn't know the command to make the elephant kneel so he could get off.
"Hey" he shouted to anyone who would listen. "how do you get down from an elephant?
"Well you don't, silly" a little girl replied "Every one knows you get down from a duck."

Jane10 Fri 03-Apr-20 18:02:45

Sorry Rufus2 I don't get it?!

MawB Fri 03-Apr-20 18:04:57

Oh dear Jane10

Duck down?
????

Artdecogran Fri 03-Apr-20 18:13:49

What’s green and hairy and goes up and down?
A gooseberry in a lift.

What’s black and dangerous?
Crow with a machine gun.

Sorry for those jokes, my kids favourites from the 80’s.

MissAdventure Fri 03-Apr-20 23:51:59

What goes along underwater at 80mph?

A motor pike.

BradfordLass73 Sat 04-Apr-20 00:57:53

Mattjo It may hearten you to know I got all 3 of your jokes.

A travel agent saw an elderly couple looking wistfully at the poster of a world cruise in his window.

His profits were well up that year and he was feeling altruistic, so he rushed out and said, 'It's your lucky day, you've just won that world cruise. You'll have the honeymoon suite, the best foods en route - a limo for touring in port, unlimited spending money - everything your hearts desire.'

Six months later the old lady came back into the shop looking very chipper.
'Did you enjoy your cruise?' the agent asked.

'I certainly did,' the lady replied, 'but who was that old bloke you made me go with?'

BradfordLass73 Sat 04-Apr-20 05:52:16

It may not be funny to some but I have read, in the past, the thinly veiled (haha) racist criticism about women who wear Burqua/Burka - and now it seems they're the only sensible ones and we are trying to find ways of doing exactly the same.

grin

Jane10 Sat 04-Apr-20 11:26:31

MawB - just saw your reply. I get it now. It's just that I'm so posh that I only knew about goose down!

Rufus2 Sat 04-Apr-20 12:11:40

I'm so posh that I only knew about goose down!
Jane My word! You are posh! hmm
Pity you couldn't visit your posh hotel in the Big Smoke! because of Covid19, but note , according to the "Oldie" newsletter, that the next two lunches have also been cancelled, so you're not alone! wink
Good Health! wine

Jane10 Sat 04-Apr-20 15:13:51

The latest 'Oldie' arrived this morning. Am saving it as a treat for tomorrow as I know I'll not be able to put it down once I start.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 04-Apr-20 15:30:34

I'm sorry I don't know how to send pictures but here's one I saw on FB, I think you can get the gist of it.

Imagine a photo of the late Bruce Forsyth with a big smile, it reads, "Nice two metres, two metres nice!"

Jane10 Thu 09-Apr-20 11:32:49

This explains a lot.

MerylStreep Thu 09-Apr-20 11:53:29

I've just had a leaflet put through my door to say that I can have sex at 84
I'm over the moon as I live at 72 so it's not too far to walk home afterwards ?

Rufus2 Thu 09-Apr-20 12:22:02

Just seen someone jogging outside and it really inspired me to get up and close the curtains.

Grammaretto Thu 09-Apr-20 12:52:08

Q. What's small and green and comes out of the ground at 100 mph?
A. An austin healy sprout. Boom boom.
Theres another from my youth about an e-type carrot.

Rufus2 Fri 10-Apr-20 15:09:29

Barry Cryer's daily joke!

The great Barry Cryer is telling a daily joke to Oldie readers:

A group of British tourists are flying home on a plane chartered by the government.
The pilot's voice comes over the intercom, saying, "We're flying at 35,000 feet. Visibility is good. The weather in London is fine and clear, at 15 degrees Centigrade... Oh, and by the way, I'm working from home."

JackyB Mon 20-Apr-20 23:42:40

Why don't ants get ill?

Because they have little anty bodies.

PageTurner Tue 21-Apr-20 02:59:52

I saw this on Facebook (Covid-19 humor)

Just for fun, after 30 days, everyone post a pic of your moustache.

Get your husbands to join in too.?

BradfordLass73 Tue 21-Apr-20 04:22:26

I've been arrested for money laundering.

I tried to tell the officer I'd also washed all the groceries as well as the change but he didn't believe me.

In surgery after a heart attack, a middle-aged woman has a vision of God and asks, ‘Am I about to die?’
God says, ‘No. You have another 20 years yet.’
With this assurance, she decides, once she’s recovered to make a few changes.

She gets breast implants, liposuction, a tummy tuck, hair transplants and Botox.
Feeling like a million dollars she sets out to buy herself a whole new wardrobe. As she walks towards the taxi rank with her parcels, a cab pulls out and knocks her down.

In Heaven she faces God. ‘You said I had 20 years, how come I’m dead?’

God shrugs. “I didn’t recognize you.”