Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Are you actually staying in?

(203 Posts)
GracesGranMK3 Wed 18-Mar-20 10:15:44

Or are you still finding excuses to go out? Are the instructions clear enough?

Lynnipinny Tue 24-Mar-20 11:00:52

Keep chatting on this sight it's company no matter what. I am finding shopping difficult. A lot of people are well stocked up because of panic buying. I am worrying about my young family constantly. Arguing with my husband about going out but if I don't try to get the basics he would be the first to moan. It's a very difficult time but it makes me realise how fortunate we are in normal circumstances.

maddyone Tue 24-Mar-20 12:27:17

Iam64
Referring back to your post yesterday, my daughter has told me today that NHS staff have been mugged for their NHS identity cards. She went to shop today during the key workers slot, with her NHS identification and her two year old son. As soon as the key worker slot ended, hoards of people raced into the shop and madly grabbed whatever they wanted. As she left she was afraid of being followed home by a mugger to get her identification tag. She says she’s sending her husband in future, he’s NHS too so can go in the key worker slot.
The greed and selfishness of people who are willing to mug NHS or other key workers for their identification, well it’s truly unbelievable. I thought I only had to worry about my daughter getting Coronavirus from her patients, now apparently I have to worry about her being mugged in front of her infant son aswell.