Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Registering as a vulnerable shopper at Sainsbury's?

(54 Posts)
Genevieve489 Mon 23-Mar-20 11:59:27

I've been trying all morning to get in touch with Sainsbury's and become a vulnerable shopper so I can access priority delivery slots. We're both 70+ and my husband has a serious health condition. The phone is permanently engaged. Is there any other way to do this? There doesn't seem to be any 'age' facility on the personal account details.

EDIT BY GNHQ: We've put together a page of information on how to register as a vulnerable customer and what slots the major supermarkets have made available.

BBbevan Wed 20-May-20 15:16:20

After a small hitch at the beginning, Sainsbury’s have been marvellous. The day after a delivery I can go online and chose from 3/4 days of slots a week ahead. They also tell you any substitutions a few hours before delivery. Though I haven’t had many that we’re not acceptable. I think they have intelligent pickers

Oldwoman70 Wed 20-May-20 16:31:01

I too, after a shaky start, have been getting regular deliveries from Sainsburys. I think initially the system was just overwhelmed but they are actively employing more drivers so they can offer more slots.

dragonfly46 Wed 20-May-20 18:28:21

I think those who received the letter telling them to shield are on the priority delivery lists.