Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Why dont people understand the words ‘stay at home’ !

(139 Posts)
Sophiasnana Fri 27-Mar-20 10:55:01

I am going a little stir crazy, having spent the last five days in my home and garden, apart from a short walk every day. Abiding by the ‘rules’. However yesterday the nice 74 year old lady across the road went for three runs in her car, then her ‘manfriend’ arrived to stay. Next door walked their dogs twice and went out in their car twice. The gent on the other side, as he has always done, went off in his car four times! What for? It frustrates me as the more people ignore the rules, the longer this will go on for. Rant over! ???

notanan2 Tue 31-Mar-20 21:33:05

And the people "confronting" aquaintances/strangers really think they are going to tell you their private reasons?

Why glad you asked Mrs NoseyBot...

They their Cali. Not I.

Callistemon Tue 31-Mar-20 21:33:59

I wasn't criticising you for going to two different pharmacies! I was told to drive 40 miles to fetch mine.

notanan2 Tue 31-Mar-20 21:35:53

....Nope, they will give you the flippant response you deserve!

They.

Leave people alone.

Everyones an isolation expert wagging fingers at everyone else...

Suddenly thinking they know four doors down's full medical and social history etc enough to judge their journeys or visits worthy or not worthy

notanan2 Tue 31-Mar-20 21:37:23

I wasn't criticising you for going to two different pharmacies! I was told to drive 40 miles to fetch mine.

Well then you could find yourself subject of a thread like this if youre not careful (hopefully your neighbours are more able to reserve judgement than the OP!)

Callistemon Tue 31-Mar-20 21:42:39

Well, we've had a strange van parked in our drive nearly all day.
But no curtain twitchers here, at least there may be one but he can't see us. Although - if I get a call from the police tomorrow I will know who it was.

MawB Wed 01-Apr-20 11:30:58

You can’t say it plainer than this!

Greymar Wed 01-Apr-20 11:37:45

Money well spent there I feel. Perhaps something similar for The East Coast of Scotland, Liverpool, West Cumbria.

craftyone Wed 01-Apr-20 12:19:45

The road was empty today when I took my solitary cycle ride, the same route I have used since lockdown started, not a soul apart from one solitary horse rider, no dog walkers and not a car. Maybe people are taking this seriously, maybe because more and more younger people are dying, maybe because some of the survivors are saying how very ill they were

Greeneyedgirl Wed 01-Apr-20 15:44:40

A women from York, stopped by police at Newcastle railway station refused to give her name or what she was doing, and has just been fined over £600!

Labaik Wed 01-Apr-20 15:49:16

Speaking to a friend on the phone today it seems some people are still shopping several times a week; taking a neighbour with them etc etc. We worked out that we could probably self isolate for 12 weeks without leaving the house, even if our milkman stopped delivering. I do think that people would have taken this much more seriously if it hadn't been made out to be something that only killed old people sad.

Eglantine21 Wed 01-Apr-20 15:51:20

A message for Norfolk?

Now, come youon togither, bor!

Dew you don’t stay hooum you don’t dew rite

That dunt dew, dewit?

Callistemon Wed 01-Apr-20 15:54:41

MawB love the Staffordshire one, at last I understood the message grin

Callistemon Wed 01-Apr-20 15:56:12

Although I must say the mustna threw me a bit

Surely it's munna?