Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Over 10000 deaths

(81 Posts)
Charleygirl5 Sun 12-Apr-20 15:07:23

MiniMoon I did not realise that.

There are young lads playing cricket locally- not a problem because apparently it has nothing to do with them. That is the rubbish they have been telling the police.

MiniMoon Sun 12-Apr-20 15:02:09

So sad to read that coronavirus has taken the life of Tim Brooke-Taylor. Such a lovely funny man. ?

Eglantine21 Sun 12-Apr-20 14:44:32

And there’s dozens of threads about families joyfully mixing this weekend.

Obviously we’re not yet worried enough...

vegansrock Sun 12-Apr-20 14:41:48

A couple of weeks ago there was a whole thread about Italy and some folk saying the reason for their high death rate was they all lived on top of each other, didn't have proper toilets, they had poor health care, all lived with their grans etc. The implication being, we wouldn't get as bad as that. When I pointed out the sweeping generalisations and frankly, ignorant and inaccurate attitudes, I wasn't believed ( even thoughI have close relatives in the worse hit areas. Yes we are on course to have the highest death rates in Europe, no-one seems shocked by over 1000 deaths per day attributable to this virus, and thats just the ones in hospital.

25Avalon Sun 12-Apr-20 14:38:58

Yes we should worry but there are so much mixed reports and speculations out there with no one really knowing exactly what the outcome will be. All we can do is follow the guidelines and be proud of and truly thankful to our wonderful NHS staff who are doing a sterling job. When we get out of this dreadful situation will be the time for recriminations and thinking what could have been done differently. For now we have to get through the best we can - there is no other choice.

Daisymae Sun 12-Apr-20 14:32:40

Over 30 NHS staff. I don't understand why we are not more outraged, how did we become so accepting if this extraordinary figure? We seemed to learn nothing from Italy. Now several sources are saying the UK may have the highest death rate in Europe. Worried? We should be.