Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

There is alas no cure for stupidity

(158 Posts)
MawB Fri 24-Apr-20 07:19:25

US President Donald Trump has been lambasted by the medical community after suggesting research into whether coronavirus might be treated by injecting disinfectant into the body.
He also appeared to propose irradiating patients' bodies with UV light, an idea dismissed by a doctor at the briefing.
Another of his officials had moments earlier said sunlight and disinfectant were known to kill the infection.
Mr Trump's own public health agencies (unsurprisingly) warn against bleach as a medicine.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 25-Apr-20 14:37:41

Blimey! I honestly never thought anyone could be so stupid

I don't think Trump could have more blood on his hands from this crisis if he went to the middle of 5th avenue and started shooting people.

David Beard

At least 30 New Yorkers ingested household cleaners in the 18 hours since the president suggested using it to fight #coronavirus

Whitewavemark2 Sat 25-Apr-20 14:39:30

I forgot to reference the second paragraph to Femi

Callistemon Sat 25-Apr-20 15:02:39

Whitewave priceless, just priceless.
I am still laughing.
She is right on the ball.

However, it is not funny.
Some people will try this.

LullyDully Sat 25-Apr-20 15:06:43

I am amazed that he is still in power, he is so incompetent. He talk simplistic rubbish and bleats fake news at anyone who challenges him. Why is he still in power? An authoritarian bully, please vote him out America.

Maggiemaybe Sun 26-Apr-20 09:33:37

Just like this.

youtu.be/TkU1ob_lHCw

Wheniwasyourage Sun 26-Apr-20 11:44:58

Love it!

A US pastor has died from drinking disinfectant. Donald Trump is being charged with bleach of the priest.

NotSpaghetti Mon 27-Apr-20 00:07:47

You might be interested in Nancy Pelosi’s comments about the injection of disinfectant/bleach (as published by Bloomberg):

Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who rapped Trump on Friday for dispensing advice with “no relationship to science, fact, evidence, data or appropriate ways to proceed,” had her own take on the disinfectant advice.
“You know what they call that?” the California Democrat said on CNN. “They call that embalming.”