Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Cummings on Sage?

(33 Posts)
Daisymae Fri 24-Apr-20 19:42:52

All along we have been told that the government is following the best scientific advice. However according to this article Cummings and another adviser have been on this supposedly independent body:
www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-dominic-cummings-on-secret-scientific-advisory-group-for-covid-19
This must raise a massive amount of questions?

NfkDumpling Sun 26-Apr-20 17:29:34

Quite SirChenjin

Dollymc1 Sun 26-Apr-20 19:29:16

David Davis (former Brexit Secretary) said "There is a thing known as the Heisenberg principle, which means that you can't observe something without influencing it"
Worrying times indeed
The government needs to uphold transparency and honesty and I am far from convinced that they will do so

paddyanne Sun 26-Apr-20 20:20:56

according to todays papers ,two of Cummings mates are on SAGE as scienticfic advisors,one who only qualified 2 years ago and one who already got a £250 MILLION contract from the government ....jobs for the boys?

quizqueen Sun 26-Apr-20 20:32:33

I bet if DC was the biggest Remainer in the world, none of you would bat an eyelid at what he involved with!!!

SirChenjin Sun 26-Apr-20 20:41:06

I would suggest you don’t put money on that bet quizqueen - you’ll be out of pocket.

Dollymc1 Sun 26-Apr-20 22:26:13

Quiz, it's gone beyond Brexit now pet

GagaJo Sun 26-Apr-20 22:40:23

QQ, anyone who is prepared to put profit over their country and before people’s lives makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. Left, right or centre politics is irrelevant.