Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

I have an appointment with my hairdresser!!

(92 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Fri 12-Jun-20 14:52:24

16th July. All being well.

Been given full instructions on how to enter the building and what to wear, which is mask and gloves.

She will be in full face mask as well as mouth mask plus apron, plus gloves.

Many less appointments available as time has to be allowed for full cleaning between appointments. Brushes and combs sterilised etc.

What a palaver!! All in the interests of vanity?

Rosalyn69 Fri 12-Jun-20 15:31:55

Oh you lucky soul. How wonderful.
Nothing open here yet.

grannysyb Fri 12-Jun-20 15:36:22

Me too! 4th July!

Grannybags Fri 12-Jun-20 15:45:26

Ooh grannysyb that's my birthday! I'll have to see if I can get one smile

Luckygirl Fri 12-Jun-20 15:45:46

Nothing would get me near a hairdresser till it is totally safe. Nothing at all. I just keep getting longer and longer plaits! Just not worth the risk.

Flowerette Fri 12-Jun-20 15:49:41

Me too ! 4th July ?

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 12-Jun-20 15:49:44

lucky you! I’ve almost, nearly, totally, well almost totally, made up my mind to embrace the grey.......
Roots are just over 2 inches now, hair is a mix of almost black with grey roots and faded copper on the rest ( it looks better than it sounds, honest) and although DH gives me a sideways look now and again, I’m almost ready to stay away from the hairdresser, I have long hair so I’m not sure how long my resolve will last.
But the longer I leave it the more we will all get used to it........hopefully.
The thought of 3 hours every 4 weeks plus £85 plus tips In a mask, should be enough to strengthen my resolve to stay away from the Hairdresser. Sigh....

Dottydots Fri 12-Jun-20 15:55:05

Oh! You lucky devils! I'm in desperate need of a cut but will wait until my hairdresser contacts me. I've taken the lockdown opportunity to start growing my blonde highlights out and will try to embrace whatever grey is underneath. I hope it won't look too awful.

kittylester Fri 12-Jun-20 15:56:41

My hairdresser rang and I booked for 30 July (!!!!!) My hair is so lank already and I'm almost totally mouse but I'm glad it is a long way off as I need to psyche myself up for it!!

Whitewavemark2 Fri 12-Jun-20 16:03:36

lucky tbh you are probably the most sensible one?

dragonfly46 Fri 12-Jun-20 16:05:59

I just keep measuring mine as it is almost 2cm long now - so exciting. I certainly chose the right time to go bald grin

BlueBelle Fri 12-Jun-20 16:17:07

Nothing opened here either I m on the waiting list but not expecting anything for a few more weeks

AGAA4 Fri 12-Jun-20 16:18:33

I will put up with my terrible tresses for a good while yet but do envy you ladies brave enough to go.

BlueSky Fri 12-Jun-20 18:00:23

No need to go grey unless you want to. Get a simple home colouring kit, I do this in any case so nothing has changed. The trim can wait.

Calendargirl Fri 12-Jun-20 18:12:50

My sister, who has hardly left her house and garden, had online shopping deliveries, and volunteers bringing prescriptions, has a cut and blow dry booked for 6th July, at a salon.

I find this very strange. I asked her if she would have had a mobile hairdresser come to her home. Oh no, she wouldn’t want anyone in the house who goes to other houses, but will go out and sit in a salon.

?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:16:32

Have a manicure booked for early July, they have installed screens so I just pop my hands in an opening.

Not confident enough to book hair appointment yet my long bob is getting longer and I do not appear to be as grey as I thought grin

suziewoozie Fri 12-Jun-20 18:17:07

I love going to the hairdressers in normal times - a good natter, put the world to rights, cup of tea .. in and among hair gets sorted. I would just hate the whole COVID secure experience. I think I’d come home feeling upset and stressed - bathroom mirror and my recently acquired hairdressing scissors will suit me fine

Davida1968 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:19:43

I agree with Luckygirl. My long grey bob can simply grow longer!

Nanna58 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:21:22

Not sure if things will ever be totally safe Luckygirl. Hoping mine gets in touch soon, then I will be off like a long dog!!!

Nortsat Fri 12-Jun-20 18:22:05

Sharing all this info about hairdresser appointments is just rank showing off ... ?

ginny Fri 12-Jun-20 18:28:18

I shall keep snipping it myself for a while yet. So glad I stopped having my hair coloured a couple of years ago. No duel stripes for me.

Tabbycat Fri 12-Jun-20 18:34:58

I am soooo jealous! My hairdresser rang the other day to let me know I was on a waiting list - but she's not making appointments until they have all the government rules in place. Can't wait - my fringe is half-way down my nose and the rest is a shaggy uneven mess where layers have grown out - it used to be a pixie cut!
To all those struggling to embrace the grey - I kept putting it off and dyed my hair every six weeks for years. I stopped over the summer holidays in my last year of full-time teaching and had a short pixie cut just before I went back to work full-time in the September. So now I am proud and happy to be a silver vixen!

Maggymay Fri 12-Jun-20 18:46:36

I have always had short hair,but it’s growing into a bob and I really like it quite happy to wait another couple of months before going to hairdresser.

Although DH has tidied it up a bit.

Atqui Fri 12-Jun-20 18:52:00

ginny I too am so pleased I gave up colouring. Think of the money we’ve saved too.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:52:59

Actually I’ve just realised that the R rate is increasing???.

I shall be watching that very carefully and cancel if it doesn’t improve.