Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Anyone experienced a hotel post lock down?

(81 Posts)
Americanpie Mon 24-Aug-20 09:47:45

I have been reading reports that hotels are not making up rooms and changing towels etc and that some guests have been asked to remove their own bedding at the end of the stay and place it in a black bag. Is this true please? I was thinking of booking a few days away and would like to know what to expect.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 15-Jul-21 15:57:59

We stayed in Dorset last week, room serviced each morning and turndown service each evening.

Felt safe in restaurant, bar and outside areas.

Lillie Thu 15-Jul-21 16:29:37

we are staying at a hotel for a wedding this weekend.
fingers crossed it will be ok.

Aveline Thu 15-Jul-21 16:34:34

Have stayed in 3 hotels over the past month. All seemed v Covid aware and sensible.

Mollygo Thu 15-Jul-21 16:53:21

We stayed in one Macdonald hotel and 1 Holiday Inn over school half term so we could see our families.
Plenty of sanitisers, reminders about spacing, etc. Rooms were clean on arrival but no change during stay unless requested.
Breakfast arrangements-seating spaced out and designated in both hotels. Table service in the Macdonalds, (usually a buffet except for drinks). Hot food queued for then collected from masked and screened servers in the Holiday Inn, drinks self service, though any queues were managed by staff. We always went down early so no problem.
I’d go for it.
We’ve booked to stay in Uni residences next month. No idea how that will turn out.

NotSpaghetti Thu 15-Jul-21 18:36:08

This us an old thread but for what it's worth, I stayed in a hotel at the weekend. There were lots of "services" unavailable and it seemed pretty basic for the £££ paid.

There were, however, the usual signs/ masks/ distancing and table service.
Expect it will all be very different next week.