Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

I’m worried about symptoms

(69 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 26-Aug-20 00:33:42

I have been feeling as if my battery is drained over the past day or two and am now feeling chill and warm.

I have gone through the NHS site and it advises me to contact my doctor today. That will have to be in the morning.

I have been so careful, but a friend contacted me last week who has been seriously ill with a stroke, thrombosis, Bell’s palsy. You name it she seems to have had it. She asked me to go to eat with her. I couldn’t turn her down! I took mask, hand sanitizer etc and was so careful to use it. I also used the bus but did everything I could to be careful.

I am so hoping that I feel better in the morning, or if not it it something other than covid. But where on earth could I have got it, apart from lunch out?

Illte Thu 27-Aug-20 13:52:35

It's a relief, isn't it WWM2. ?

Agree with you that the test is nothing to make a fuss about.

People should try surgery for piles. ??

Iam64 Thu 27-Aug-20 14:15:08

Nightsky2, cheerful post there. The covid test I had was not extremely unpleasant or unreliable and it didn't make me gag. I'm relieved for WW2 that hers was negative and I suspect if it is 'unreliable', she'll be back within a couple of days to tell us so

Hithere Thu 27-Aug-20 14:56:16

Congrats!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 27-Aug-20 15:00:28

Pleased your test has come back negative ??

Marydoll Thu 27-Aug-20 15:49:42

So pleased for you WW. What a relief!!

Furret Thu 27-Aug-20 15:51:52

So pleased. You have had a lot of worries recently ?

Elizabeth1 Thu 27-Aug-20 15:58:30

I’m with you Marydoll it’s so easy to think we’ve got the virus if we’ve got some of the symptoms.i think I may have turned into a hypochondriac one thing after another hot/cold hay fever sniffles etc etc Try not to worry too much and get a test if you really get worried I believe the advice by the Scottish government is not to wait but to get a test immediately you’ve got any symptoms. Take care my lovely flowers

Callistemon Thu 27-Aug-20 16:00:36

Well, that's a relief. This is going to happen, isn't it, especially when the children go back to school.

Our neutrophils do increase if our immune system is fighting a virus but if they were not good or at a low level in the first place, as in immunocompromised patients, this will not always be sufficient to overcome an infection.

Elizabeth1 Thu 27-Aug-20 16:00:46

Sorry Marydoll I should have been referring to *ww not you

Marydoll Thu 27-Aug-20 16:06:47

I wondered Elizabeth. Its good to see you posting again. I hope you are continuing to improve.

Nightsky2 Thu 27-Aug-20 16:11:39

Iam64. Nothing about Covit-19 is cheerful. I have read and been told that if the test is done correctly then it will feel uncomfortable. The swab must be inserted 3"or so to reach the cavity where the nasal passage meet the pharynx. When preformed correctly RT-PCR swab tests are close to 100%.

mokryna Fri 28-Aug-20 00:14:12

So pleased for you. What a relief.

Willow500 Fri 28-Aug-20 07:20:26

Glad you had a negative result.

My GD's partner was taken by ambulance to A&E on Wed night suffering from fever, a cough and struggling to breathe. They'd both been tested the previous week but were negative. He was released the next day with tons of meds as he has pneumonia but where he got it from they've no idea - he's only 22. GD has been told to self isolate for 7 days just in case though.

We were going to see our son and family next weekend as it's his birthday but as he was booking them all in for tests last night I don't think we dare risk it even if they do test negative. The hospital had told him that they are expecting a huge surge of cases later in the year - it's still out there despite life getting back to some normality.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 28-Aug-20 07:57:49

I must book up for the flu jab I’ll ring today.

Anyone else had theirs done yet?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Aug-20 08:58:45

I have mine booked for 17th September in my local Boots, I didn’t fancy going into GP surgery. On the plus side the young pharmacist is absolutely gorgeous, kind and a very gentle needle technique.

BlueSky Fri 28-Aug-20 10:41:14

On the plus side the young pharmacist is absolutely gorgeous, kind and a very gentle needle technique.
Where did you say you live Grannygravy? grin
Talking about the Covid test, how many times are we going to take it? I mean in the winter with normal coughs and temperatures?

Nightsky2 Sat 29-Aug-20 10:27:59

GG13. My DH has had a letter inviting him to a flu clinic on the 12th, September. The clinic is being held in a Church not far from the surgery. It says, ‘This year we are holding our main clinics at an external venue to ensure social distancing is observed. Please wear a mask and a short sleeved shirt to enable us to vaccinate you safely and efficiently in a timely manner that limits contact with surgery staff’. The letter also says ‘We strongly encourage you to keep this appointment. We are anticipating a heavy demand for flu vaccinations and want to vaccinate everyone as early as possible in the flu season’. I’m still waiting for my letter and if it hasn’t arrived by Tuesday or Wednesday I’ll phone the surgery.

westendgirl Sat 29-Aug-20 11:37:11

I've had a text to ask if I want the flu jab . They will then ring me with an appointment.
Failing that I will go to a local pharmacy .