Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

NHS Covid 19 Track & Trace app now available

(210 Posts)
Willow500 Thu 24-Sep-20 06:26:19

I've just downloaded it. Let's hope enough people do the same to try and get the virus back under control.

Furret Tue 29-Sep-20 10:52:35

My battery is fine with it on 24/7

MadeInYorkshire Tue 29-Sep-20 10:56:16

I haven't read all of the above, but I would think a problem may exist with a lot of the older generation either not having mobiles or certainly not having the complicated ones?

Have only fairly recently got my Mum to have one she keeps it on the side in the kitchen, not on her!

Oopsadaisy4 Wed 30-Sep-20 18:34:41

Our iphone6 is just 3 years old and will not accept the NHS track and trace, as we can’t afford a new phone, we can’t use this.

Well done Mr Hancock

MissAdventure Wed 30-Sep-20 18:38:27

I'm sure my Samsung is a lot older than that, but it did accept it.
Is it different for different makes?

Grannynannywanny Wed 30-Sep-20 19:06:57

Oopsadaisy4 is it possible you might be overdue doing a software update on your phone? That might fix the issue for you if you haven’t done an update in a while.

Alegrias Wed 30-Sep-20 20:43:15

oopsadaisy4, MissAdventure et al - there's a whole discussion on the first few pages of this thread about what phones this works on, etc. Much as we'd like to blame him, its really not Mr Hancock's fault this time smile

Oopsadaisy4 Wed 30-Sep-20 20:46:15

Granny , no updates are done automatically , the app only works on phones after iPhone 6. Last update was last week
If we are all supposed to be able to use the App, then why not bring in something that all mobile phone users can access?

MissAdventure Wed 30-Sep-20 20:52:53

I don't even understand all the phone talk, to be honest.

I've never been interested, beyond the most basic functions.

Alegrias Wed 30-Sep-20 20:55:03

If we are all supposed to be able to use the App, then why not bring in something that all mobile phone users can access

Oopsadaisy4, if you really want an answer to that, read the thread!