Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Trump has coronavirus

(196 Posts)
Esspee Fri 02-Oct-20 06:16:20

Sorry, I must be a terrible person but this news started my day with a smile. ???

Curlywhirly Fri 02-Oct-20 07:22:55

Lucca ??? most definitely!

Calendargirl Fri 02-Oct-20 07:29:32

this news started my day with a smile

What happened to ‘ be kind’?

Oopsminty Fri 02-Oct-20 07:34:15

It's just wrong to be pleased that Trump has the virus

I've no time for the man, but knowing people who have died of this, a smile is the last thing on my mind.

People can be very nasty

suziewoozie Fri 02-Oct-20 07:40:59

Kind is the last thing Trump ever is. If it’s true, and who knows, can you imagine what’s going on the moment in the WH? He’s probably plotting to say that two weeks lost campaigning means he should automatically win the election. On the bright side, as he won’t be holding rallies for a while, lives will be saved.

Lucca Fri 02-Oct-20 07:42:27

A lot of ??? around

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Oct-20 07:42:32

Oopsminty

I've no time for the man, but knowing people who have died of this, a smile is the last thing on my mind.

People can be very nasty

Yes it is, but you see he has hurt so many people with his policies and rhetoric , that many, many people must feel the karma should be treated with respect.

He’ll get over it, of course he will with all the support that he will be getting, but people are only human and the sort of policies that Trump represents cannot be separated from the person.

Iam64 Fri 02-Oct-20 07:46:31

My first thought was let’s hope this increases mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing.
Soon after cAme the thought that if he recovers, he’s likely to win again.

sue421 Fri 02-Oct-20 07:46:53

I feel awful that I actually thought good, but having read all the above I am not a bad person. How awful that this man has had this reaction from me. However I have stocked up on bleach! I am not going to think about this awful man again

Iam64 Fri 02-Oct-20 07:47:19

Because of the incredible, doctors never seen anything like my recovery etc etc

GrannyGravy13 Fri 02-Oct-20 07:53:32

Do not agree with POTUS policies, but I wish him and FLOTUS a full recovery from Covid-19, as I would anyone with the virus.

31 days to the election, it is going to be a rocky ride for American Politics.

Curlywhirly Fri 02-Oct-20 07:53:36

I agree that it is unfortunate if Trump has Covid (although, there is no mention of him having sypmtoms, so maybe he is one of the fortunate ones who won't be ill); however, the man is so devious, a small part of me does wonder if it is fake news. He is such a very unpleasant man that many people will think that Karma is at play.

Bathsheba Fri 02-Oct-20 07:54:08

I'm not pleased that he has the virus - because I simply do not believe that he does have the virus.

If he has, though, I can't honestly say I'll have much sympathy.

Oopsminty Fri 02-Oct-20 07:54:55

Whitewavemark2

Oopsminty

People can be very nasty

Yes it is, but you see he has hurt so many people with his policies and rhetoric , that many, many people must feel the karma should be treated with respect.

He’ll get over it, of course he will with all the support that he will be getting, but people are only human and the sort of policies that Trump represents cannot be separated from the person.

I do understand this reasoning but I prefer not to sink to many American's level where some are wishing him pain and death. Setting off fireworks in jubilation.

Fair game to attack him once he's back to his blustering and dangerous nonsense.

I hope he does get over it. My sister-in-law was struck down with this . Fit woman in her 60s. She died.

So let's not be happy when someone gets the virus, whoever they are

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Oct-20 07:57:57

It shows the caliber of the man when he gets the sort of reaction that he is getting on social media.

People are even willing to disbelieve that he actually dies have the virus.

Nothing would surprise me.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Oct-20 07:58:40

Not dies - does!!

suziewoozie Fri 02-Oct-20 08:00:49

I actually wish he didn’t have it because he’s bound to use it to his advantage. That’s why I’m not buying in to his having it.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Oct-20 08:03:40

Actually the more I think about the worse the news gets. He can only use this to his advantage, it really is a bad outcome.

LullyDully Fri 02-Oct-20 08:10:17

Let's hope he didn't give it to Biden earlier in this week. I hope he recovers well as it can be horrible at our age. So stupid to take such risks.

Oopsminty Fri 02-Oct-20 08:10:33

That's true as well. Whitewavemark2

He will use it to his advantage. How he's so healthy and beat the virus and all this nonsense.

I don't disbelieve the news.

He's been so gung ho about the virus, very rarely wearing a mask, ( despite it making him look like the Lone Ranger), mocking Biden, saying the virus will just disappear.

So the odds would have been that he'd catch it. Prime candidate.

But you're right, this could do him quite a lot of good provided he survives.

travelsafar Fri 02-Oct-20 08:13:15

I dont believe it, sorry.

Dorsetcupcake61 Fri 02-Oct-20 08:14:24

I detest the man. I dont think I could wish a painful,potentially fatal illness on anyone but there is a sense of Karma.
I must admit my initial reaction was has he?
Trump is apparently a germ phobic. Maybe he has got it and it's an example of how infectious this virus is and negative tests are not a guarantee of safety.
In theory due to age and weight Trump is very vulnerable. I wouldnt have thought hed be asymptomatic and have a mild form. Who knows, Prince Charles didnt seem badly affected. Trump will also have access to best care and latest drugs.
I did wonder if it was a political ploy. After his disaster with Biden his advisors may be relieved hes out of action.
I cant imagine Trump agreeing to that,hes too arrogant.
On the other hand if he only had mild symptoms, or let's be outrageous and imagine he hasn't got it. The implications of him emerging in 14 days fit as a fiddle are terrifying. What a scoop that would be,it would make him look indestructible and validate all the rubbish he has come out with about the virus. Terrifying.

suziewoozie Fri 02-Oct-20 08:23:17

Can you imagine when he emerges after 2 weeks and talks about all the losers who died? Oh dear.

DiscoDancer1975 Fri 02-Oct-20 08:31:38

Oh no....and after all that disinfectant he injected!!?

EllanVannin Fri 02-Oct-20 08:31:38

Like Boris, it had to come. Mingling and shaking hands.
These scientists aren't stupid when they say " no contact " !
Anyone who does deserves all they get.

BlueBelle Fri 02-Oct-20 08:31:46

Oopsminty I don’t think anyone is being unkind no one wished it on him but you do reap what you sow Have you ever seen The trump kind to anyone ??? I wouldn’t wish it on him but I m not crying into my coffee either
There’s a big part of me thinks it could well be fake news to get him out of the next debate and to make him a hero when he gets over it miraculously he could come out of this a hero