Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Trump has coronavirus

(196 Posts)
Esspee Fri 02-Oct-20 06:16:20

Sorry, I must be a terrible person but this news started my day with a smile. ???

Whitewavemark2 Sat 03-Oct-20 16:16:54

suziewoozie

WW

‘His judgement is highly questionable‘

That’s a bit mild??? I’d change the adjective to any or all of the following completely, always , unfailingly, unremittingly etc

????

Whitewavemark2 Sat 03-Oct-20 16:18:41

I wonder how a Trump would have played this if it was Biden and not himself?

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 19:19:25

I remember Johnson’s stupid father saying BJ took one for the team as in virus says ‘ ohh I’ve infected this one, I’ll go now and of course this one won’t infect anyone else’ < goes off grinning evilly>

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 19:22:21

take one for the team
The act of someone willingly making a sacrifice for the benefit of others.

As if Johnson or Trump would ever in a zillion years do this

MayBee70 Sat 03-Oct-20 19:43:59

So Trump has been taking VitD, zinc and melatonin for a while. The downside of that being if he does become seriously ill I will no longer think that my vitamin taking regime is protecting me. However I have to question why he didn’t advise the rest of America to supplement their diet with those vitamins?

MrsRochester Sat 03-Oct-20 19:52:18

MayBee70. Because he doesn’t give a stuff?

Welshwife Sat 03-Oct-20 19:56:23

Did anyone else see the report today that the doctor who examined Trump before he stood in the election has said that Trump dictated to him the report he was to write?
He used the phrase ‘astonishingly excellent’ when referring to his blood pressure -his strength and stamina were described as ‘extraordinary ‘ - Before the report was published he said the report would show ‘perfection’. Didn’t anyone smell a rat?

rosecarmel Sat 03-Oct-20 19:59:37

Whitewavemark2

rosecarmel

"" He took one for the team "" seems to be how its playing out currently ..

That hasn’t played well. The team all seem to be taking a hit now.

I'm thinking they meant all of his supporters-

LadyGracie Sat 03-Oct-20 22:58:45

I wouldn't wish Covid on my worst enemy.

Grandma2213 Sun 04-Oct-20 03:14:46

Isn't it sad that we live in a world where we cannot believe the news we are hearing and that leaders are so despised that such cruel remarks can be made by normally decent people. I have always been naturally cynical I'm afraid, for example on hearing about the 'experimental drugs' he was (allegedly) receiving wondered who owned the companies that made them. hmm

Furret Sun 04-Oct-20 08:36:46

Normally decent people perhaps remember Trump’s mocking Hilary Clinton when she got pneumonia.

Karma.

OurKid1 Sun 04-Oct-20 09:04:16

Lucca My sentiments exactly on hearing the 'news.' Seems to be some confusion about exactly how unwell he was/is, oxygen/no oxygen, experimental treatment (as if, he's the President for goodness sake!) ... hmmm ... #suspiciousme?#

suziewoozie Sun 04-Oct-20 09:09:09

As if we get the truth. And yes this time, doctors are implicated in at least spinning what we are told. Two corrections yesterday from them. Still good on God for producing miracle drugs

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 09:19:33

Just think we were talking about Trumps tax affairs on Monday, the absolute car crash of a debate on Tuesday.

It seems like a couple of weeks ago.

suziewoozie Sun 04-Oct-20 09:21:14

Strange that WW?

Shropshirelass Sun 04-Oct-20 09:23:54

I wouldn't wish this on anyone .... BUT ....Trumps attitude to this virus and the way he has disregarded wearing a mask and mocked those who do so, it serves him right, he left himself wide open to catch this dreadful virus. He is old, overweight and I believe he has underlying health issues so in the 'at risk' category. He is so arrogant and thinks he is invincible. He has been injected with antibodies, something not yet approved by the regulatory body. My DH said, Inject him with disinfectant, that was his advice a few months ago! I just hope his long suffering wife isn't too ill with it.

On another thread, it has been suggested that it is 'fake news' because he is losing in the polls. Only time will tell.

suziewoozie Sun 04-Oct-20 09:41:52

I wouldn’t wish it on anybody but I have zilch sympathy that he has got it and completely through his own arrogance and stupidity. He is evil

MayBee70 Sun 04-Oct-20 12:14:06

According to The Times Trump arrived late for the debate with Biden and didn’t take a Covid test. This is disgraceful.

BlueSky Sun 04-Oct-20 13:42:27

Grandma2213

“Isn't it sad that we live in a world where we cannot believe the news we are hearing and that leaders are so despised that such cruel remarks can be made by normally decent people.”
Agree Grandma2213.

GillT57 Sun 04-Oct-20 14:18:41

In the fog and flurry of fake news and contradictions, it would appear that Trump may have been aware of his possible infection with covid19, yet went along with his schedule of mixing with hundreds of people ( mainly unmasked, their 'choice'), didn't inform Biden's team, got into a cramped helicopter......so basically extremely selfish. I think he does have covid19, because we all know he despises those who are ill ( H Clinton), sneers at what he perceives as weakness, so he is unlikely to fake it. However, it cannot be denied that this timely infection takes his looming tax scandal off the front pages.