Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Feeling frustrated with colleagues

(54 Posts)
BGB31 Thu 12-Nov-20 11:32:05

I have heard from two colleagues that they are both going away for a few days this week (not together!).
One has had the virus, the other is worried about getting it because it could mean she can't see her family at Christmas.

I didn't say anything in response, but am left feeling cross and frustrated at what I see as their irresponsible actions (both will be using public transport to get to their destinations).

I think I have stuck to the rules pretty rigidly throughout - for my own sake as well as other people's. I'm not a saint (far from it wink ), but to me this is an important, temporary situation where we have to think of others as well as ourselves.

I know there's no answer to this, I'm just ranting! (To stop me falling out with my colleagues perhaps!).

Hetty58 Sat 14-Nov-20 00:44:57

bobbydog24, your comment, 'lickdown' did make me laugh - so thanks for that (sounds like the dog's favourite welcome).

I do get incredibly angry about all the selfish rule breaking. Having virtually isolated since February, it's really disappointing to find so many breaking the rules and/or disagreeing with them.

It seems that people will do whatever they want - then make up 'reasons' - quite pathetic.

Tillybelle Sat 14-Nov-20 13:31:02

Mwdebbie
Whatever people say about it, there is no doubting this virus is a horrible thing.
I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. I do hope you and your DH are feeling much better. ?

Tillybelle Sat 14-Nov-20 13:36:22

I assume your replying to tillybelle.

Sorry - I am bemused.

I repeat I totally agree with the OP's rant. I stick to the rules! I think we all should!