Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Norway Covid Pfizer Vaccine Deaths

(171 Posts)
Esspee Fri 15-Jan-21 22:23:07

Investigations are being made into the deaths of 23 frail elderly patients shortly after receiving the Pfizer vaccine.
Why is the media in the U.K. not reporting this?

Source BMJ.com

Casdon Sun 24-Jan-21 14:34:56

Maybe Elegran, although this wasn’t in the UK, or a vaccine trial either, and the patients were sufferers of a type of cancer if I’ve read it right - definitely not students.
I did look, I couldn’t find any evidence to support her claim, but I’m happy to read it if the evidence is there to substantiate what she said.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 15:31:14

Also a documentary on it. I remember it well as it was so shocking and sad. Someone else on GN for sure will remember it too.

Casdon Sun 24-Jan-21 15:46:19

The documentary in 2018 was about the drugs trial I’ve referred to above. I can’t find anything at all about a vaccine trial that resulted in students dying.
Rather than expect other gransnetters to remember, can you just post a link please?

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 15:50:18

Casdon

Do you mean this?
www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35766627
If you do, it was a drug trial, not a vaccine trial, and nobody died. They were left with long term impact though, and there was a public inquiry with changes made as a consequence.

If you are going to make the claims you are doing it’s important to provide accurate information. If it isn’t this trial, the onus is on you to provide alternative facts.

Yes that does sound like the one. This article was written in 2016. So looks like near deaths with limb amputations. When someone is reported to have multiple organ failure, you think they wouldn't survive. But who knows what has happened to them in 5yrs! There was a re-enactment documentary, I was on the edge of my seat watching it.

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 16:09:37

We have all those who volunteered for the latest vaccine trials to thank for their bravery in ensuring the vaccines for Covid are as safe as possible.

???

Tweedle24 Sun 24-Jan-21 16:17:35

What would be interesting and (if anyone has seen the stats, please say) what would be the death rate in that section of the population had they not been vaccinated?

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 16:21:46

I remember that drugs trial and it's awful consequences.

However, I do remember thinking at the time that the trial was being carried on fit, healthy individuals but the drug was intended to treat people who were very ill.
But the trial went disastrously wrong, leaving him and five other healthy men fighting for their lives.

Does testing a new drug have a different effect on someone with a very healthy immune system? Is it a proper trial if the volunteers did not have the disease? The firm had not calculated the correct amount needed for humans so errors occurred.
This was a trial that went wrong.

The vaccines have been rigorously trialled and the ones in use here have passed the MHRA scrutiny and analysis.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 16:39:10

Tweedle24

What would be interesting and (if anyone has seen the stats, please say) what would be the death rate in that section of the population had they not been vaccinated?

Brilliant question! Can't think we'd ever get an answer to that, but would love to know.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 16:42:55

QuoteCallistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 16:21:46
The vaccines have been rigorously trialled and the ones in use here have passed the MHRA scrutiny and analysis.

No they haven't. These vaccine were unheard of this time last year!!

Elegran Sun 24-Jan-21 16:44:52

They have passed MHRA scrutiny and inspection and they have been tested on as many people as any other vaccine.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:34:42

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Elegran Sun 24-Jan-21 20:01:31

From www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551877/
"The total number of subjects in Phase II trials for a vaccine ranged from 361 (IPOL) to 7,471 (Daptacel), with mean = 2,854 and median = 2,453. The number of subjects in Phase III trials for a vaccine ranged from 2,358 (IPOL) to 80,427 (Rotarix), with mean = 29,844 and median = 22,938. The total number of subjects in late phase (II + III) trials for a vaccine ranged from 2,719 (IPOL) to 86,801 (Rotarix), with mean = 32,698 and median = 26,985."

Pfizer Phase 3 trials had 43,448 subjects, Moderna 30,000, Oxford/Zeneca 11,636

M0nica Sun 24-Jan-21 20:18:59

OH for, heavens sake Yogagirl come into the 21st century.
The Ebola vaccine was develope with exactly the same speed that the COVID vaccine was and it was rolled out to heaven knows how many 10, if not 100s of 000s of people in Africa, without problems. You have failed to name one vaccine that has caused any problems other in the immediate time of its issue. you condemn the covid vaccine, yet would not ban penicillin which is known to be harmful to millions of people. You really are a busted flush.

MayBee70 Sun 24-Jan-21 22:13:01

Yogagirl

Tweedle24

Brilliant question! Can't think we'd ever get an answer to that, but would love to know.

Yes: there have been double blind trials on people that were vaccinated. I’ll try to find them. From memory no one in the vaccinated group died and they probably had to stop doing it because it was deemed to be wrong to give anyone a placebo. Believe it or not sometimes clinical trials have to stop when it’s obvious that giving someone a placebo, not the drug, could cause their death. You could listen to DrJohn Campbells utube blogs if you
do want an answer to your questions. There are links to all the scientific data, most of it peer reviewed too. It would certainly put your mind at rest.

MawBe Sun 24-Jan-21 22:19:45

Yogagirl you are proving post after post that “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”
You quote drugs trials as vaccine trials, you totally fail to have taken on board the numbers involved and the procedures for the different vaccine trials and your arguments have as little scientific basis as the Ladybird book of vaccines.
For goodness sake why do you persevere with your half-truths and equally half-baked hypotheses?
Everybody is entitled to their opinion and yours are no more than that. However if others take your personal point of view as actual fact you will have been guilty of misleading them. If one single person refusing the vaccine develops serious Covid-19 complications because they have believed you over the scientists they will be on your conscience.

MayBee70 Sun 24-Jan-21 22:48:09

It seems to me that there are a lot of people that, had they been on the Titanic, would have refused to get into the lifeboats in case they, too, sank...confused

nanna8 Sun 24-Jan-21 22:53:20

Where my daughter lives there are a lot of anti vaxxers. She has a very young child and gets very nervous at their selfishness and the possibility that they will spread disease to her family and friends. It seems to be trendy in some areas. Not much you can do but over here kids can’t go to school without vaccine certificates so not sure how they get around it. Probably home schoolers.

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 22:59:19

I don't think they have to have vaccine certificates in private schools although DGS has had all his so far, nanna8.

M0nica Mon 25-Jan-21 10:15:10

Yogagirl we know how many people in the non-vaccinated population have died of COVID.

It is currently 97,939 and those figures were issued by the Office of National Statistics. www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19roundup/2020-03-26

Petera Thu 28-Jan-21 14:40:53

MayBee70

It seems to me that there are a lot of people that, had they been on the Titanic, would have refused to get into the lifeboats in case they, too, sank...confused

It reminds me of the joke about the devout fisherman who was drowning and sent awat three boats saying "God will save me!".

When has asked St Peter why God had forsaken him, St Peter replied "He sent you three boats"