Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Scared teacher

(37 Posts)
GagaJo Tue 26-Jan-21 06:59:50

I had a fairly lengthy exposure on Sunday to a student who tested positive on Monday. When I say lengthy, I mean maskless and close contact. She was having a bit of a breakdown due to stress and crying (as in snotty nose sobbing off and on for an hour). There was no way I could not comfort her.

So now I am really scared. I had my FFP mask on but her own mask was off and on. Hard to wear a mask when you are out of control. I don't blame her at all, she's a younger teenager and needed support. But... ARGH

GagaJo Tue 26-Jan-21 16:20:30

Ironically, on Monday morning, I had had enough of students walking round maskless because they were following the example of staff who do it (AGAINST the Swiss rules) and complained to the deputy head. And in the staff meeting that morning, when someone asked to close the window, I said no, it was needed for ventilation (he is one of the mask rule breakers).

I feel a bit now as if I was shutting the stable door after the horse had bolted. I still feel OK. Long may it last. Even last weeks cough has gone.

Elrel Tue 26-Jan-21 16:40:36

GagaJo Wishing you well.

M0nica Wed 27-Jan-21 14:46:30

GagaJo, I hope you are continuing well.

Wheniwasyourage Wed 27-Jan-21 15:02:04

Best wishes, GagaJo flowers

Namsnanny Wed 27-Jan-21 15:14:34

Wishing for the best GagaJo

GagaJo Wed 27-Jan-21 15:40:45

Still no symptoms. Fingers crossed! ?? ?

Franbern Thu 28-Jan-21 11:44:08

Hope you are keeping well still, Gagajo. At my daughters school, she has to test herself twice a week (Lateral Flow Tests), even though there have been no pupils or staff attending who have had anything positive.

M0nica Fri 29-Jan-21 10:11:19

Another day, I do hope you are continuingto stay well.

trisher Fri 29-Jan-21 10:27:11

Hope you are fit and well Gagajo and the stress isn't getting to you.

Daisymae Fri 29-Jan-21 10:38:44

Hope you are staying well. A lot of transmission is happening in the workplace for one reason or another.

Mamardoit Fri 29-Jan-21 11:59:18

Sorry to hear this Gagajo. Hope you remain symptom free.