Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Side effects.

(57 Posts)
Bopeep14 Sat 27-Feb-21 21:29:58

I had my first dose of the covid vaccine on the 9th of feb.
I had flu like symptoms for a couple of days and was expecting to feel better after.
As time is progressing i feel awful i have a really sore heavy arm and all my joints are really sore and i keep getting a really horrible headache, and more fatigued than normal.
I was wondering if i should contact my GP?

Callistemon Sat 20-Mar-21 15:21:24

Callistemon ... Sorry to hear that you feel worse after your 2nd dose sad Did you have any side effects at all after your 1st one?
No, just a slight headache last time Welshy so I was surprised I had more of a reaction this time.
DH just spoke to a friend who went on the same day as me and neither he nor his wife had any reaction.

Don't let me put anyone off; I just think it might mean I'd perhaps have been really ill if I caught Covid.

PinkSweetPea Sun 21-Mar-21 15:38:03

I had the AZ yesterday morning and so far feel fine but been trying not to do too much today and taking it easy as I'm at work next week

janieuk Tue 23-Mar-21 11:41:42

I had the Pfizer jab in February. Four hours afterwards I had strong heart palpitations, felt faint, and my blood pressure was sky high. The following day I felt fluey and tired, and sore arm, but fine the day after. I’d love to hear whether other people have experienced this. I had COVID at Christmas and my gut feeling was to wait to be honest. Wish I’d have gone with that feeling. Have reported via the yellow card system, and reported to GP who really wasn’t interested! Very unsure as to whether to have the second one.

Marydoll Tue 23-Mar-21 16:33:15

janieuk I had a much more severe reaction to the AV vaccine than you. (Reported like you to the Yellow Card website, along with my multiple conditions and medication, in the hope that the information will inform further research) I spent a week in bed, very unwell, requiring intervention by my GP. It has taken about four weeks to get over it.
However, on the advice of my clinicians, I still intend to have the second dose. It's the only way I will be able to stop shielding and protect myself..
I'm dreading having it, but it's a matter of weighing up the pros and cons and what's best for you.

Hetty58 Tue 23-Mar-21 16:42:15

I had the Oxford AZ on Feb 13th and was absolutely fine until five days later - when I suddenly got the sensation of freezing cold feet. They had a rash on the tops too!

It's come back a few times since. Also, last week I got a painful hip (never happened before) for no apparent reason. That lasted about three days.

Still, very trivial compared to being seriously ill - or worse!

Marydoll Tue 23-Mar-21 17:02:25

Hetty, that's exactly how I feel! No pain, no gain!