Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Mask wardrobe malfunction

(28 Posts)
rosie1959 Sun 06-Jun-21 17:20:45

Have been away in a hotel complex with all our family this week we had a lovely time thanks to beautiful weather
Getting ready to go to dinner my husband went first as I was not ready taking with him the room key. On went my nice dress and make up out the door I went and as it slammed behind me I thought oh no the f**** mask Locked securely in the room behind me. I had to phone my daughter go to her room to get one
I usually found getting up to go to the loo or nip back to the car half the time I would have to go back for it
Off to Jersey in a few weeks thankfully they will have dropped their restrictions by then

Whiff Mon 07-Jun-21 10:27:07

Once I put my mask I forget I have it on. It's become normal to wear on. Does have its advantages not just health wise. Forgot to shave off my hairs on my chin the other day luckily it was mask on until I got home day. I had steroids for a short time in my 30's and ended up with a hairy chin. Now at 63 the hairs are grey?. And yes I am a woman. I will wear mine in crowds even if they say we don't have to.

maddyone Mon 07-Jun-21 10:42:36

I find my home made mask too heavy and hot on warm days but don’t have any problems with the disposable masks in that way.