Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Had both jabs but caught Covid

(32 Posts)
Buffybee Wed 09-Jun-21 11:38:30

I'm worried as I now know I was in slight contact with someone three days ago, who has tested positive for Covid.
I've had both vaccinations, last one in March but i know you can still get infected.
I'm wondering has anyone caught Covid after having both jabs and how ill were they, I'm worried as I have Asthma and breathing can be difficult at times anyway.

Witzend Mon 14-Jun-21 10:46:40

I’m not saying this is necessarily typical, OP, but in case it helps to reassure you, a frail elderly neighbour of ours was admitted to hospital after a fall - nothing to do with Covid, but he’d had the first jab - caught Covid in hospital, but was entirely symptomless. It just meant he had to stay in hospital a lot longer than he would have otherwise.

Witzend Mon 14-Jun-21 10:47:16

Should have added, he’s mid 80s.

Nannashirlz Mon 14-Jun-21 12:21:37

I think you supposed to be safe after 3 weeks after second dose. That’s what I saw on tv. So I’m hoping it’s right because I’ve a few health conditions. But if you pop to boots you can pick up a test over counter but if you can’t if you go on nhs app you can get out in the post and it will be here tomorrow if you order today. It’s super quick I’ve done it lol

GillT57 Mon 14-Jun-21 12:29:00

That's interesting Peasblossom and as I suspected, covid is being diagnosed as a 'side' illness, not the reason for hospitalisation which is very different.

calvin21 Sat 19-Jun-21 14:17:38

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AGAA4 Sat 19-Jun-21 15:40:54

I was with my D the day before she had covid. I had my second dose a month earlier. I didn't get it even though I was with her for hours. She was quite ill as unvaccinated at the time.