Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Hancock having affair during lockdown unbelievable!

(250 Posts)
B9exchange Fri 25-Jun-21 09:11:57

The Sun (apologies, but they got the scoop) has published a picture od Matt Hancock in a steamy embrace with a woman he sneaked into a job at DHSC last November, the story is that they have been carrying on an affair in the office since then. The hypocrisy of him calling for Neil Ferguson spelling amended by GNHQ at OP's request to be sacked for his lockdown breaking affair cannot be overestimated.

BlueBelle Fri 25-Jun-21 12:59:51

Perfect name, using both in that picture by the looks of it ???
What a shower this government is what have we done to deserve such a nasty, sleezy, cheating, lying shower

Who s next ?

Lucca Fri 25-Jun-21 13:00:22

MerylStreep

Apart from GN and media outlets nobody gives a stuff. It will all be forgotten in a few days.
The only part of the boring tale I’m concerned about is the job he gave her.
I was going to say the position he gave her. ?

If this happened against Covid guidelines, would you not “give a stuff “ ?

varian Fri 25-Jun-21 13:10:42

I wonder what the voters who were not able to hug their own grandchildren think when they see this?

luluaugust Fri 25-Jun-21 13:11:13

The hand on the derriere is one thing and probably not unusual shock but the hand on the face is a very intimate action. Two more families torn apart.

Oldbat1 Fri 25-Jun-21 13:37:17

I’m sure some will still defend him. I feel sorry for his wife and children but he needs to resign or be made to resign. The Government are a complete disgrace.

TwoWolves Fri 25-Jun-21 13:45:51

And in the meantime, Dominic Cummins is polishing his halo and saying, 'Told you so...'

Mamie Fri 25-Jun-21 13:51:04

Love the apology for "breaking social distancing". Is that what they call "discussing Ugandan affairs" these days?

Whitewavemark2 Fri 25-Jun-21 13:51:14

TwoWolves

And in the meantime, Dominic Cummins is polishing his halo and saying, 'Told you so...'

Rats in a bag

Talullah Fri 25-Jun-21 13:54:33

I look back at politicians having affairs. Most do seem to be Conservative. There was a Chelsea fan, posed with his wife after his affair because public knowledge. John Major and Edwina Currie?! Who'd have put those two together. Oh Corbyn did have a fling with Diana Abbot. I think , Possibly. I might be a conveyor of fake news here. What about Cecil Parkinson having a daughter that he chose to ignore? Flora? JFK with his 1000 woman. Not sure I believe that. Clinton and the dress. Harold Wilson? I think there was a few murmurings about him. Tony Blair appears unscathed by liaisons. I think Margaret Thatcher was another one who didn't drift towards any illicit rendezvous. As for Hancock. Yes, feel sorry for his family. Also feel sorry for the husband/ children of the rather attractive lady. I assume power must have motivated her. Apparently it's very seductive. A man with power. Doesn't light my fire

Luckygirl Fri 25-Jun-21 13:56:24

seen hugging - love it! That's not how any of my friends (male or female) have ever hugged me!

If he goes, then who do we get I wonder? Please, please don't let it be Gove.

J52 Fri 25-Jun-21 14:02:38

Apparently Boris has accepted the apology and the matter is now closed!

Well, that’s us told! Hope no ones going to go against that piece of Government advice. grin

Luckygirl Fri 25-Jun-21 14:05:55

Dream on Boris! We know you have only done this because you do not have a leg to stand on.

JaneJudge Fri 25-Jun-21 14:06:36

they've most probably got a lot of footage of boris sleeping

Deedaa Fri 25-Jun-21 14:14:34

Boris accepted the apology Quelle Surprise!

I just want to know where they find these desperate women. Whether it's the serial adulterer Johnson or Hancock who looks like an incompetent geography teacher in an inner city comprehensive - what is the attraction?

Callistemon Fri 25-Jun-21 14:19:42

Tony Blair appears unscathed by liaisons.

Eyebrows raised here.
The relationship between Tony, Cherie and Carole Caplin always seemed very odd. Then there were rumours of a very close friendship with Rupert Murdoch's wife but that was after he was PM.

John Prescott and Tracey?

I can't imagine Sunny Jim Callaghan having a fling; he adored his wife.

Callistemon Fri 25-Jun-21 14:21:38

I just want to know where they find these desperate women. Whether it's the serial adulterer Johnson or Hancock who looks like an incompetent geography teacher in an inner city comprehensive - what is the attraction?
grin

I want to know how they find the time!
Surely they should be concentrating on affairs of state, not affairs behind their wives' backs?

Callistemon Fri 25-Jun-21 14:23:19

varian

The other day the Queen referred to Hancock as "poor man".

Perhaps she knew that his behaviour was about to be splashed all over the front page of the Sun and so many members of her family have been there for similar reasons.

Boris obviously knew and pre-warned HM

Talullah Fri 25-Jun-21 14:26:52

Callistemon

^Tony Blair appears unscathed by liaisons.^

Eyebrows raised here.
The relationship between Tony, Cherie and Carole Caplin always seemed very odd. Then there were rumours of a very close friendship with Rupert Murdoch's wife but that was after he was PM.

John Prescott and Tracey?

I can't imagine Sunny Jim Callaghan having a fling; he adored his wife.

Ooh, I didn't know that about Tony and Cherie. I do apologise,

No, I can't see Jim Callaghan misbehaving either. Or that lovely man who died. What was his name? Was it John Smith? Really nice Leader of the Opposition at one time. Yes, John Smith. That was sad. I felt he'd have been a brilliant PM. And I'm quite sure he behaved impeccably as well.

Talullah Fri 25-Jun-21 14:28:36

I just want to know who leaked the footage!

Callistemon Fri 25-Jun-21 14:29:11

Ooh, I didn't know that about Tony and Cherie. I do apologise,

Don't apologise, it was just speculation at the time but it always seemed to be a very odd relationship.
I think Tony probably loves himself most of all.

Callistemon Fri 25-Jun-21 14:30:00

John Smith, another good one gone too soon.

Talullah Fri 25-Jun-21 14:30:43

I think Tony probably loves himself most of all. Absolutely!

Sarnia Fri 25-Jun-21 14:32:20

Boris has pledged his support and considers the matter closed. What other decision would we expect from the PM regards having an affair?

Callistemon Fri 25-Jun-21 14:33:59

He can't say anything else without sounding hypocritical, can he!!

dragonfly46 Fri 25-Jun-21 14:34:30

So very sad for the innocent partners to be so publicly humiliated.
I can't see how he can possibly stay in his job.