Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

End of self isolation?

(82 Posts)
Daisymae Sun 18-Jul-21 08:37:30

Apparently Johnson and Sunak are not self isolating despite being pinged after contact with Javid, according to the guardian today. I suspect that probably means others will consider it optional?

Casdon Sun 18-Jul-21 19:06:30

The case rate in Jersey is averaging less than 30 a day. It’s a completely different scale.

rosie1959 Sun 18-Jul-21 19:38:35

The case rates in Jersey are around 200 + per day according to the Government of Jersey website
Someone asked if anywhere had dropped isolation on contact well they have
Obviously a different scale

Casdon Sun 18-Jul-21 19:48:08

Sorry Rosie1959 you’re right, I looked at the trajectory, but didn’t notice the graph only went up to 2nd July. The vaccination levels are lower than the UK, so it is very brave of them to drop the isolation requirements.

rosie1959 Sun 18-Jul-21 20:00:37

Caslon I presume they need people working too much isolation on such a small Island could be very detrimental

GrannyGravy13 Sun 18-Jul-21 20:09:42

Kali2

Self isolating at Chequers will be a real ordeal- for sure!

For once I agree, quarantining in our house or any of our AC homes, easy peasey.
Quarantine in an inner city high rise flat with children would be horrendous, particularly in this heat.
Time for the isolation/quarantine guidelines to be be reviewed.

Casdon Sun 18-Jul-21 20:18:48

Maybe. I just had a look at their government data sets, and the way it’s presented is excellent, there are some really interesting graphs about the Government actions linked to the infection rate graph, it would be good to see similar for the UK.
www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/CoronavirusDocuments/ID%20Coronavirus%20weekly%20update.pdf