Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Double Jabber tested positive

(106 Posts)
netflixfan Sun 01-Aug-21 20:39:30

I go to a weekly art class, and the teacher has just emailed all his students to say that one student tested positive last week. She is a double jabber. She is not ill at present. It has made me jittery about continuing to attend! By the way, Ive also had both jabs, ages ago. Any views please ? Thanks all

Nezumi65 Thu 05-Aug-21 22:06:09

Yes they wear masks a lot, but are with him 24 hours (sometimes literally if they are sleeping there). They always wear masks in the car, but less so in his house & obviously not when asleep etc.

It just feels inevitable - there is so much around & even if people are careful they are still picking it up.

JaneJudge Thu 05-Aug-21 22:08:32

My son came home from uni with it and we live in quite a small house per person compared to some people and I honestly think keeping the windows open helped. I think at my daughters house, they have windows open, they clean surfaces 3 times a day and after use and they wear masks. If anyone on team is dx positive they go back to wearing aprons and gloves
but it's a nightmare isn't it? xxx

Nezumi65 Thu 05-Aug-21 22:10:45

Windows are usually open - actually one always is as it doesn’t shut confused (he’s broken it).

I think they are doing everything they can. But if Johnson is relying on vaccines it’s not going to work.

Misha14 Fri 06-Aug-21 07:44:24

LoveOc Excess deaths and hospitals stretched almost to beyond coping. I'm interested to know why you think covid has been "hyped". I lost my mum, a friend lost her husband, many people I know have been ill. Millions have died, who would not have. The WHO tells us we have a pandemic. It seems to me that we do have something to worry about.

hilz Fri 06-Aug-21 16:55:36

Being double jabbed reassures me that my risk of severe illness may be reduced but I dont feel that it excludes me from continuing to be responsible for my own safety. I will still prefer to be outside if i see people for a long time. I will continue mask wearing in shops and keep my distance as best I can. I will do regular tests.I accept that contact with other households in confined unventilated spaces poses a big risk and if i know I have been near anyone who later tests positive I will isolate myself until I know I have no symptoms. Seems to me to be sensible actions and respectful to others.