Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

The Lockdown Gang - carry on chatting ⭐️

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Fri 20-Aug-21 20:59:41

Welcome all.

Kaimoana Fri 26-Nov-21 18:37:50

A clue? Every time anyone loses a post, they say it was a long one.
I've noticed the GN page 'times-out' - doesn't respond sometimes when I write a long post (and when am I ever succinct? grin

So writing the post in a separate place (Word, Notepad, no idea what's on a phone iPad or tablet) give you plenty of time and will probably save you from losing it. In all senses of the phrase.

Grammaretto Fri 26-Nov-21 20:01:43

I know. It makes sense. Kaimoana you are very sensible. grin
Sometimes I copy my draft post, refresh and then paste it back. I still occasionally lose the whole thing. I think censorship is going on. conspiracy theory

I survived the memorial service today. My friend was a wonderful person. I never saw her angry or complaining. But apparently she lost her temper once, when a dog ran across her seedlings.

It is wild here. There's a storm with a name Arwen. Who makes up these names?
I wonder how the French girls are faring.

Any news from Mamissimo? Missedout? Nortsat? all and any of you.
I will have some of Jeeves' hot choccie please and perhaps an early night.

Missedout Fri 26-Nov-21 21:39:14

Hi Gangsters, I'm just raising my head over the parapet of my self-build isolationist castle. DH and I went away to a self-catering 'cabin' on the Somerset coast for a few days recently. It felt like exchanging a comfortable place of sanctuary (home) with an uncomfortable one. We had to take our own bedding and, as everything seemed to be closed, we were self-catering as well. I'm being unkind, the weather was dry and we had picnics in our car on the hills overlooking Minehead and explored the coastline. The steam engine wasn't running, nor was the funicular at Lynmouth. I was very daring and went into a cafe (we were the only ones in there and we sat by the open door) and had a bowl of soup - the first time I've eaten out in a cafe for almost 2 years. I'm not sorry we went away though because my youngest DS joined us for a few days. It was such a pleasure to have his company.

Now I am panicking - I've suddenly realised how close Christmas is - I'm not a fan of Christmas and tend to bury my head in the sand. I don't know if we will see any family yet although DS will stay a couple of nights so I'm not going to be able to just heat up another 'Cook' (frozen) meal for two. I'm sick of lockdown food.

You may have gathered that I'm struggling a bit to continue to accept my vulnerable status. Now, with the uncertainty of Covid omicron looming, I'm just wondering if I should just be reckless and simply get out there before I ossify and DH thinks about a more cheerful replacement.

I have started dreaming of luxury hotels with a swimming pool or warm sandy beach and delicate foods decorated with fresh, edible flowers. I hope Doodle is having a lovely time and not adrift, waiting for a burly RNLI man to rescue her and The Dude.

It's great to see Cherry posting again - it cheers me up no end and my admiration for Kaimoana's stoicism and sense of humour knows no bounds. I'm so glad little Gubbins is around to cheer you up.
It's also lovely to see what the other posters are up to, I also wonder how Mamissimo is getting on but imagine that family stresses are still intense. I still pause to think of Panache and hope Grammaretto's pipes (radiators) are fixed soon.

Oh, darn it! DH has done his usual, and handed me an 'empty' grid for me to fill in for family Christmas presents.
La, la, fol de rol, here we go again.

Jan16 Sat 27-Nov-21 15:41:57

Dreadful weather in Norfolk. Gale force winds and it’s b….y freezing! Can’t see Theo cat going out again today although this morning when it wasn’t so bad he was going mad chasing leaves on the lawn!
Missedout strange how many of us say we’re not fans of Christmas. I quite like the bit before - putting up the tree getting cards and going out with friends but by Christmas evening I’m wishing it was all over! Just seems to go on for ever! Bah humbug that’s me! Missedout have you had 3 jabs plus your booster? My eldest daughter has. She has Rheumatoid Arthritis which is an auto immune disease and gets an extra a jab. Beginning to feel a bit worried about this new variant of Covid. We just don’t seem able to get on top of these dreadful disease.
Hope Doodle is far enough away from rough seas now. Heard of one cruise ship sheltering off Cornwall but it sounded not very pleasant on board.
Haven’t been out at all today or come to think of it didn’t go out yesterday either! Not good for me - I need to see people to keep me sane! But we are out for lunch tomorrow with our neighbours and the wind should have died down by 10 tonight - fingers crossed.

Missedout Sat 27-Nov-21 18:04:12

Jan16, I have had 3 primary vaccine doses and will get my booster in 4 months. I didn't have any detectable antibodies 4 weeks after my first two vaccinations (two separate independent tests). I have just heard that a sample for a blood test I sent off earlier this week couldn't be carried out - I don't know if that means I need to do it again and pay for it. I'm pretty fed up though. Even a few antibodies would have cheered me up and none would mean nothing changes anyway.

Jan16 Sat 27-Nov-21 19:17:56

Missedout. Oh dear I’m not surprised you’re fed up. Not aware that my daughter has had any blood tests for antibodies. Will have to find out. Feel quite depressed after listening to Boris tonight. Feel as if we are going backwards and quite honestly how many people coming back from holiday are actually going to do a PCR test or isolate? Bet a lot wont. Sorry I’m a glass half full person as my GP says!

Grammaretto Sat 27-Nov-21 21:13:53

It is nice to read about your doings, dear Gang.

I wondered how I would spend this first anniversary but in the event I was really busy all day.
I attended the opening of the refurbishment of the Town Hall. I then went out for lunch with a df and had DMi, BiL, DS and DGD to tea. I had to concoct a pudding quickly - an Eton mess with the emphasis on mess.
As soon as they left, I had an unexpected visit from the people who used to live in the flat, with their sweet little girl who I had not met before.

I don't know what I would do if I were you, Missedout with your vulnerability and the virus still around with bells on.
You are probably as well to do what you do and hope that things improve.
Sorry your trip away was a bit disappointing. I usually appreciate home after any holiday.

It is quite cold freezing here too though DD has had snow and they were sledging today in the Highlands.

I had better turn off the lights now before I get any more callers grin

Doodle Sat 27-Nov-21 22:09:20

Hello all
Jan I’m afraid I love food and am growing to huge proportions on the cruise.
You have bought one more Christmas present than me. Must get down to it when we get home.
Hope the weather is calming down a bit. Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow.
Oh Cherry I have so missed your commentary on the football. I get so excited just reading about it. So glad our team won. Hurrah ?
Kaimoana I’m afraid the ship make their own ice cream and very yummy it is too.
Glad you had a nice AGM and enjoyed the food. The cruise has caught up with itself at last and we had a nice day to day. sunshine all day although I gather there is snow in the UK and storms. Oh dear. Hope everyone is ok.
I think it’s very generous of you to give that lovely shawl to your DIL but I’m sure she will love it. As they say, it’s better to give than to receive. ?
Grammaretto arrived in dry land today for the first time since last Sunday, very pleased to have a stationary boat for a while although we can’t really complain the sea has been quite calm. Lovely sunset tonight. Lovely to watch the sun go down on the horizon. Good your French girls are enjoying Scotland.
Glad the memorial service went well. Must be hard for you attending services. Nice when you get to hear snippets of others lives that you didn’t know.
Glad you managed the first anniversary and were kept busy with lots of visitors.
Nfk glad the cold is better. Yes cruising is a lot to do with food. Although the scenery is nice too.
Have you tried codeine for your cough? DH used to have dreadful coughs every winter till the consultant prescribed him codeine. I know it has had bad press for being adictive but he only takes a few tablets till the cough is sorted.
Hope the lights were exciting. I love Christmas.
I agree with you, I love Cherry’s match reports, so exciting.
Boadicea sounds like a busy day for you. Lovely to have so many DGC. You must have done well to buy all the presents.
Hope the chickens have laid some beautiful eggs and are now enjoying their breakfast.
Good advice Kaimoana . I tend to copy my post as I go along then if it disappears I just click paste and the majority comes back., so annoying to lose a post.
Missedoutglad you had the courage to go on your trip and how lovely to have your DS with you. That must have been special.
Good to hear your DS will be with you at Christmas. I realise many are still keeping themselves very isolated and it it very difficult for those with serious health problems. The new variant is a worrying development. It’s hard to know what the right thing is to do. At some point, we have to live our lives or become hermits.
Oh a a hunky RNLI man. I hadn’t thought of that, although I am all at sea with a number of handsome young men. We are fully functioning again and the ship seems to be doing well.
Hope you get your presents sorted.
We have to do covid tests before we arrive back in the Uk. Things on board are very strict and lots of hand washing and wearing masks at all times.
Mamissimo and Nortsat how are you both. Trust all is ok.
We have had a lovely day today. Got some sunshine at last. Windy now though but the ship is quite stable,
Hope you are all keeping Jeeves on his toes,
Sending love to you all. Take care.

Kaimoana Sun 28-Nov-21 05:09:53

Jan16 & Missedout You both sound very down. I do hope things change for you soon. The last thing you need is a miserable Christmas. Sending good thoughts and flowers flowers to you both.

It doesn't seem a year Grammaretto but it's good that this year was a wee bit happier than you'd anticipated.
It was my late husband's anniversary, also his birthday a few days ago too. Born in 1949, he was 49 when he died.

Cherry your lively match reports are magnificent! I do enjoy them. I reckon you should send samples to the local newspaper, I doubt they could do as well.

Doodle I'm sure you are 'fully functioning' with all those handsome chaps around wink but they can't possibly be as lovely as your DH.smile

I had a nice surprise when my DS came up for the day but sadly he's very run down and tired and, like everyone else, worried about this Omnicron thing, just as we thought Delta was coming under control.
The government sent out a notice saying they were setting up a $204 million ‘Care in the Community’ scheme. It made my DS angry as the total failure of CitC was exactly what killed his father.
Still, I’m hoping for the best. What else is there to do?

Quote from the man who plays the back end of the pantomime horse.
"When I said it was my ambition to play Bottom, I was rather hoping for A Midsummer Night's Dream".

Love to you all.

Grammaretto Sun 28-Nov-21 10:02:15

I love your optimism Kaimoana despite all your personal hardships and difficulties. You are a true inspiration. Sorry your DS is so down. sad

Ah Doodle I am now picturing you, sunglasses on, and nothing much else on deck being brought ice cream and cocktails by gorgeous gigolos waiters. Am I right?

I have been invited to an Advent supper tonight but as it's snowing and the bus I used to take into Edinburgh no longer runs after about 4 pm on a Sunday, I may have to call off.
Somebody said recently was it one of you? that when you are on your own you shouldn't turn down an invitation as you won't get invited again.

How was your busy weekend BoadiceaJ?

Grammaretto Sun 28-Nov-21 10:06:08

sorry, forgot the picture of you Doodle

Doodle Sun 28-Nov-21 11:52:46

Ah Grammaretto that is a perfect image of me relaxing on board. grin
We are going star gazing tonight so hoping for clear skies but it is very cloudy here at the moment.
Shame if you miss your advent supper, it sounds so nice, but if there aren’t any busses and it’s snowing I’m not surprised if you cancel.
Kaimoana I read your lovely comment to DH, he is preening grin I’m so sorry your son is down. I expect that means you are down too. If our children are happy then usually so are we.
Hoping your Covid situation improves soon and your sons spirits lift.
I am thinking of you all and hoping the weather in the UK isn’t bad where you are although obviously snowing in some areas.
We are halfway through our holiday today so I expect it will whizz by from now on. Take care all ?

Kaimoana Sun 28-Nov-21 19:40:21

Sometimes the very barmyness of a situation makes me laugh. You remember I told you we travelled crammed in the community van to a strictly socially distanced event?

The van seats 10 including the driver and adjacent passenger. 2 by 2 seats behind him and 4 at the back. Those back seats had been taken out to 'prevent the driver filling the van with too many people.'

This may sound sense initially - but had they been left in, we could have been s-distanced, albeit in the same van.
Without them, we were compelled to sit 2 by 2 - as near as kissing!
hmm

Oooh Doodle those loverly legs! grin

I'm repeating your experience right now, alas not the cruise. Three police cars screaming by and a helicopter (this always presages bad news) circling, so Trouble at somebody's mill.

Mamissimo is, as usual, being a good mother and grandmama, so very busy. I trust (hope) she'll soon be back with us.

I get me feets done this morning - Yipee, no more talons.

Grammaretto Sun 28-Nov-21 22:32:54

Yuck those talons!
Please I have a delicate constitution.
What were those circling helicopters up to Kaimoana? did you find out?
How stupid to remove the seats from the minibus.

I went to the Advent supper and lit the candle. The food was delicious. There were many dishes, all vegetarian, all made from veg grown on their allotment (maybe not the lentils or the rice)
The roads and pavements were treacherous though and the bus was freezing.

Did I tell you I sold the radiators today. I have also been in touch with a place for homeless men who would appreciate any other household things I don't need.

Night night Gang-stars.
Sleep tight.

Kaimoana Mon 29-Nov-21 03:15:24

Gosh Grammaretto, when you said you'd been in touch with the place for homeless men, I though you were going to say you'd applied for one grin as swapsies for the radiator!

I'm glad you went to the Advent supper, it sounds lovely.

Yes, I know why the emergency vehicles were out in force. To tackle one of many incidents in our area which is where at least 3 gang chapters, all rivals, are based.

In this case, a man set fire to a house and started shooting, including at police who tried to pacify him. He shot 3 officers. He was shot dead.

Yesterday, in another local chase, 2 police officers were attempting to stop an armed man in a car by placing road spikes.
The driver drove at the officers, knocking them down - and fled.

On Friday, two people were attacked in their home, allegedly with a machete and the assailants stole their car.
All this within 5 minutes walk of my wee hoosie.

Is it any wonder my son worries about me but I have the security door, locked at all times.

Moreover, I don't mingle with society in which people know gang members. It's outside my experience (apart from when I was a prison visitor at Paremoremo Maximum Security Prison) and I was able to leave grin

There have been so many serious firearm incidents here during lockdown.

www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/auckland-gun-violence-houses-are-getting-shot-up-people-gunned-down-more-than-900-firearm-offences-this-year/OZRH2IN5KNOZV2LYZUGBH2XCQI/

www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/456785/west-auckland-shooting-man-dead-after-opening-fire-on-three-police-officers

BoadiceaJones Mon 29-Nov-21 04:29:49

Taking everyone’s sage advice and writing this as a word doc…
Wow, Kaimoana, what a lot of things going on in your life! So sorry to hear of your son feeling so down – I think there’s a lot of it about. It is really hard on the young, all this worry about the virus, jobs, the future, their little ones, astronomical house prices. When you think of the previous half-century, the certainty and confidence about the future sustained the young as they found their way in life. In NZ, anyway, most of the time, with minor issues from time to time. The gang issue has got completely out of hand since the lockdown. I remember many years ago, as a new young teacher attending a training course in a city about 50 miles from home, I came back to the car to find that I had left the headlights on, and the battery was completely flat. It was the middle of winter, dark, raining, well before mobiles, and I was parked in a dimly-lit back street on a Friday night. I glanced in my rear-vision mirror to see a gang of Mongrel Mobsters roaring towards me on their bikes, and then stop. One huge, tattooed gentleman approached the car and knocked on the window. Tentatively, and terrified, I opened the window a crack and a loud voice asked “You need some help, lady?” They then set to, pushed my car up the road in the heavy rain, while I started it up. I couldn’t then stop, of course, at the risk of stalling, so I tooted and waved, and they all waved back. Quite a memory. But that was then, and this is now. You are so very generous to give your lovely shawl to your D-i-L – I’m sure you will find your reward in heaven, or before.
Doodle I hope you continue to have a wonderful time! Sounds like the perfect antidote to the vicissitudes of life in the winter of this awful year. The food sounds wonderfully tempting, and terribly sinful for those of us who are carrying a little more post-lockdown avoirdupois than we would like. No, tell it how it really is – those of us who have packed on the chub. Here it is, summer, really hot and I’m in shorts every day, and my chubby knees are a disgrace. I blame MrJ’s sublime bread-making skills. How can a girl resist the temptation of a hot, crusty, home-baked loaf?
Grammaretto - the Advent service sounds lovely. You were very brave heading out in the weather, but I’m sure it was worth it. So very magical. And the food sounds divine! Your French girls are brave also, to be taking on Scotland at this time of the year!
Jan The weather in Norfolk can be pretty extreme, can’t it! Theo sounds a very fun little cat-I doubt that our three spoilt ones would be out in the weather chasing leaves! Not when there is a warm fire and a choice of comfortable seats. I hope your cold is better and that the cough is calming down.
Missedout, I’m so sorry to hear about your vulnerabilities and all the attendant anxiety. It must be so difficult when there is so much unknown about the direction this virus mutation is taking. Please keep strong and enjoy the season, hard as it may be. It is such a special time in the UK, with the lights and snug evenings by the fire, putting on elastic-waisted sweat pants and a sloppy jumper, and relaxing with a book, or GN. I like nothing better than having a fight on Quora with moronic Americans who ask inane questions about the Queen, and whether Brits are mad about losing the War of Independence, and sorry for their colonial brutality, whether Britain helped the Americans win WWII, and what race are the Scots. Really????
Everyone else, I hope you are all keeping well and positive, sending love and kind thoughts from a hot and sticky Northland.

Kaimoana Mon 29-Nov-21 07:17:45

I don't think those Americans are moronic BJ just from such a huge country that learning their own history is hard enough smile and I'm informed US schools don't teach much British history.....so why would they know?

The UK is approx the same square mileage as Texas but all I know about that State is they grow cows, wear big hats and pump oil.

I know even less about Moldova or Kazakhstan but don't regard myself as a moron.

Oh my goodness, that's just remined me of a silly school rhyme.
Happy little moron, he doesn't give a damn
I wish I were a moron, my gosh, perhaps I am.

And it make me sad to read how scathingly you talk about yourself and how ashamed you are of your body just because it's big.
I'm probably much bigger than you and I love my old body - it's served me well; fed children, hugged hundreds and is still going strong.

Maybe you need to read my book, grin it's subtitled "changing your mind about your body". grin and I'm told it works.

Yes, I have found gang members to be very thoughtful and helpful too. When my sons were at school, the gangs came to school fetes and gave the children free rides on their amazing bikes. There was always a long queue smile .

We forget, when the media says they deal drugs and worse, that they are also family men who love their children - and frankly, can you see anyone else employing them?

When I used to go into jail, they wrote me poetry and did wonderful artwork and shared appalling stories of horrific abuse. No, not excuse, only reasons.

Most heartbreaking of all. En route to the jail, I gathered wild-flowers for the table in that grim place. Before we left, each tattooed, hardened man would unashamedly take a flower for his cell.
sad

Nortsat Mon 29-Nov-21 17:22:26

Afternoon Gangstars from me and Missy.
I have been reading but not posting, as I have been a bit out of sorts for about 10 days. Some of my meds have been changed and today is a good day!
Missedout I so empathise with your questions about whether or not to go out … we feel the same. We went out for a lovely meal for my partner’s birthday, this month. However we haven’t had a holiday since Sept 2019. Being Clinically Extremely Vulnerable, I am too anxious about planes, ships and trains. I couldn’t even comfortably spend a weekend in a nice hotel.
It makes for a very small life, doesn’t it?
Lovely to hear from Doodle and to know she and the Dude are enjoying sunshine, calm seas, beautiful sunsets and delicious ice cream?.
Gramaretto so pleased to know that your first anniversary passed off busily and that you had friends and family around you.
The Advent Supper sounds lovely.
BJ I hope your adjusted meds are working well.
I can’t imagine what it’s like to be in a hot sunny climate. London hasn’t had the weather challenges that other parts of the UK have faced but it’s been jolly cold. When I went out to feed the birds this morning, their water bowl and it’s contents were frozen solid.
Kaimoana, I was fascinated to learn about your prison visiting. Do tell us more, if appropriate. I have some experience of visiting young people on remand, when I was a Social Worker but not of working with adults.
Glad to hear that your DS has visited despite being tired and weary.
I had a very thoughtful email from Panache, who is facing her journey bravely. Bless her.
Jan I imagine it’s still b cold in Norfolk … so Theo the cat, is probably snuggled up somewhere warm indoors.
Our cat ?‍⬛ Missy is like a little shadow, following me around the house and jumping on my lap as soon as I sit down. She is 17.5 years old and is now deaf. She has taken to miaowing very loudly for attention, at any hour of the day or night. The vet explained that because Missy can’t hear herself miaow, she can’t moderate her volume. Hence the terrible discordant yowling, which was disconcerting for the Sainsburys delivery man, this morning.
Well time for a cup of tea and a mince pie. ?
Good thoughts and wishes to all Gangstars present or absent, from (noisy) Missy and me ?

Grammaretto Tue 30-Nov-21 16:05:30

Definitely time for a cup of tea!

A discordant miaow sounds pretty awful but day and night shock. You have infinite patience Nortsat

I haven't swapped the radiators for homeless men Kaimoana. grin at least I hope not.
That is touching about the prisoners taking a flower to their cell.

Years ago, I took my potter's wheel to a summer fair in, let's say, a deprived part of the county. I had prettied my stall with garden flowers and actually had a few pots to sell they didn't.
At the end of the long tiring day, when queues of children took turns to make a pot and then lovingly took their creations away on a paper plate, one young lad asked if he could take the flowers home for his mum. She loved flowers and they had no garden. Of course he could and he was really happy.

Everyone's plans are on hold again with the omicron variant.
I am very glad that Doodle managed to get away.
DSis has had to cancel an already postponed and longed for trip to Germany, next week.

DH and I really enjoyed our trip away in July 2020. We booked a Landmark trust fisherman's cottage in the far north of Scotland and honestly we hardly saw another soul so if you are looking for peace and quiet but a really cosy place by the sea you could try:
www.landmarktrust.org.uk/
This is directed at Nortsat and Missedout, but not exclusively.

Sending my good thoughts and wishes and also thank yous for supporting me through this first year without him.

Doodle Wed 01-Dec-21 16:15:51

Hello all. Quick visit from me as we are being a bit battered by the wind. Had a nice sunny day yesterday but chilly winds today. Weather due to get worse with high waves …gulp ?
Kaimoana how are things with you. Hope the situation re Covid is improving and not adding to your sons worries.
Hope you enjoyed your event.
Goodness all those shootings and car chases. Sounds worrying. I always imagined NZ as a peaceful sunny place. These rival gangs seem to be everywhere. As you say, probably another side to the story. Your prison visits sound interesting. I bet they were pleased to see you.
Grammaretto glad you enjoyed your advent dinner. Be careful when you’re out in the icy roads, we don’t want you having any accidents.
I also thought you were swapping your radiator for a homeless man ?
What a lovely touching story about the little boy who wanted the flowers for his mum.
Yes we were lucky to get away. Lots of Covid testing being done on board so we are still all clear at the moment. I don’t like the sound of this new variant. I had hoped things were improving. Must have been a hard time for you in the last 12 months. We have very much enjoyed your company too.
Boadicea I nearly lost my post and having spent time composing it I would have been cross. I copy and save as I go along now.
Your tale of the gang members also serves to tell us we shouldn’t judge others by their looks.
Hello Nortsat and Missy
Sorry you’ve not been too good Nortsat glad you are starting to feel better. Medication changes can cause lots of upsets.
Poor Missy good to know she is still being loved and cared for despite her meowing.
Thinking of Cherry Missedout Panache Mamissimo and all the other gangsters, Hope you are ok. Be back with you next week, high seas and gale force winds permitting ?

muse Wed 01-Dec-21 18:05:32

Hello Gangstars one and all. Darkness has descended and the log burner is well ablaze. I can hear rain and hope it decides to keep away tomorrow as I plan a visit to a newly found garden centre again. I'm in search of two more pots and maybe some more Christmas twinkly bits.

My DD has started her phased return to work this week. Three half days. The PCR test she finally did last Friday has confirmed she is negative but she will not go into work until the full incubation period is up. Had a call from my DS on Monday. He is concerned about DGD (age 14) who is having school troubles, very tearful and in her room a lot. I'm hoping him and DGD's mum (they are separated) will resolve what is worrying her soon. It is such a difficult age I believe, for girls in particular.

Thank you for the invite BoadiceaJones. We will work hard to try and make that visit happen. We have all sorts of plans for when the new home is finished. Be careful in the sun! I hope that was a soft landing. I've managed to grow capsicums in my polytunnel but never with much success. Something bores holes into them. I suspect earwigs but no evidence!

MrMuse is through all his tests and now awaits the result of a virtual colonoscopy and then the date for the hernia operation should be arriving. Keep trying to ring that consultant's secretary CherryCezzy. I have an MRI once a year and when they started, four years ago, I never got the result for the first one. A strong letter to the consultant and now he rings me within three weeks of having the MRI. Good luck.

I wish that too Jan16. Hope you survived the gales. Cornwall got off lightly. Please bottle some of that warmth Kaimoana and send it over to us.

Excellent suggestion Kaimoana. I make notes as I read everyone's post. This helps as a reminder when my lengthy comment disappears. But, now, I will type them on my laptop as I read from my iphone. I really wouldn't fancy painting those nails. ?? It's like the Forth Bridge task. What frightening news from around you. Pleased to read that your door is always securely locked. I've read your jail experiences a few times. Those prisoners gain so much from your visits.

Norstat I think of Panache every time I write here. Always hoping to see a post from her. Please send my best wishes. Hope you're feeling better yourself. ?

Missedout. We have friends that live near the gorge at Lynmouth. Beautiful area and I love to visit.

Very glam Doodle. Enjoy those high seas with your Dude. Not too chilly for ice cream then? ?

I'm off in search of Jeeves.

BoadiceaJones Wed 01-Dec-21 18:13:01

STOP PRESS! All is well with the world! We have ....RASPBERRIES in the garden!! Yes!

Doodle Wed 01-Dec-21 18:17:27

jan and muse didn’t mean to leave you out of my post. I blame the ?. Addled brain ?
muse I am so sorry for your DGD. That anxiety needs to be resolved soon. Something is obviously upsetting her. Hope they can get to the bottom of it soon. I hate seeing youngsters unhappy.
Glad your DD is gradually getting back to work.
Never to cold for ice cream ?
Jan hope you are keeping safe. Who knows with the gales blowing we might end up in your back garden……have you room for a cruise ship ?. ?

Doodle Wed 01-Dec-21 18:18:07

Boadicea I love ❤️ raspberries. So jealous

muse Wed 01-Dec-21 19:08:53

I hope it was addled with something delicious Doodle otherwise I will never forgive you for forgetting me?.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion