Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

I thought this was worth passing on

(87 Posts)
ExDancer Mon 20-Sep-21 10:27:56

I very much doubt if reading this will influence a dedicated non-vaccinate diehard, but it gives me a few more arrows to my bow when people give me a load of rubbish in favour of not accepting the vaccine.

Copied from friend :
I'm vaccinated and, no, I don't exactly know what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child and adult, or in other treatments. Whether it's for cancer, AIDS or vaccines for infants or children. I also don't know what's in other over-counter-medications, it just cures my ailments.

I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at used clean foods and washed their hands.

I also don’t know how much deadly asbestos is in the buildings I visit.

In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will.
I just know one thing: life is very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or having others in our community and country locked in their homes. I still want to travel.

As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, hep A and B, small pox, polio, chicken pox, tetanus, influenza and quite a few others. My parents and I trusted the science.

I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die or become seriously ill from Covid-19.
* To not clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To live my life.
* To have my community and country get back to normal.
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory, as it will.
* To protect us all.
Text copied, you can too. ?

polnan Tue 21-Sep-21 11:24:30

Best post I have read here for some time,

thank you Ex Dancer..

ExDancer Tue 21-Sep-21 11:27:19

What/who are 'Illuminati' tickingbird? Are they something out of a film or TV programme I've never heard of?

FannyCornforth Tue 21-Sep-21 11:27:24

There’s also a great deal that we still don’t know about the actual virus too.
We still don’t know its long term effects

Nanny27 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:28:51

I have a good and long standing friend who has had the vaccine but her dh won't. She doesn't agree with him but defends his right to make up his own mind.
I don't know why but I feel reluctant to be in her company or go to her house knowing that he could contract Covid. I would like to know what others think and am I just being totally unreasonable?

muse Tue 21-Sep-21 11:29:22

Thank you ExDancer ???

I have passed this onto a relative whose daughter is anti. She’s keeps trying to persuade her.

Gabrielle56 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:36:06

?? absolutely!

Joesoap Tue 21-Sep-21 11:41:10

I agree, such wise words which we should all follow.

LauraNorder Tue 21-Sep-21 11:44:49

Another thank you exDancer. Couldn’t agree more.

Grany Tue 21-Sep-21 11:46:07

There is a blog I like to follow, this lady started as ways to live frugally being thrifty friendly chatty about living simply and enjoying her life in retirement. She's been on TV interviewed about her thrifty ways and won budget shed of the year a while ago. She also has a walking challenge to walk 1000 miles a year lots have commented their mileage after end of each month and joined that's good. She has a lot of followers. But she has started writing about anti vaxers she is one, copying things she has read and agrees with and added another page at top of her blog. It's just for her to add to no comments allowed. Lots agree with her as she has mentioned her thoughts on the the double jabbed in her main blog. Mean Queen. I think something as important as this vaccine we have its not good to spread doubts like this.

tickingbird Tue 21-Sep-21 11:47:31

ExDancer What/who are 'Illuminati' tickingbird? Are they something out of a film or TV programme I've never heard of?

Supposedly made up of various wealthy, powerful people. Bill Gates, the Queen etc. It’s all a nonsense smile

Rosina Tue 21-Sep-21 11:47:37

I have a dear friend who has reluctantly had the first jab and now won't have the second. Her daughter has refused to have any. It makes me want to scream, but I am biting my tongue because they are so adamant and I don't want to fall out with them or cause more stress - the GP has been badgering them both for months. I so hope they have seen the news items concerning people who refused the jab, and have since died. One thing is certain; neither of them will be meeting with my family as I have two vulnerable close relatives. I'm not looking forward to that conversation, but say it I must, and will.

Gabrielle56 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:50:54

My oldest DS and his stupid partner won't have vax. He's influenced by her hysteria, she's Into conspiracy theories and first time she visited he took her ALL round my house (even in bedrooms etc!!!!) with an EMF meter, looking for 'spirit ' presence!!!I was livid but foolishly said nowt as I didn't want her to think I was a yeller (which I can be....) His bro. Who has pharmacy degree has tried to persuade him but nope. He has had covid mildly he says in April 2020 but i don't remember him telling me , so it's in doubt . He thinks he's genuinely protected by antibodies but i'm terrified he gets it-and is struck down. We used to be very close but he says that I " make things difficult for those around you" !? Whatever that's supposed to mean , probably because I say what I think and am not two faced, they cannot cope with honesty if it conflicts with what they believe in their tiny minds.

sazz1 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:53:25

I read mean Queen's blog regularly and find it sad that she's spreading rubbish about vaccines and governments ultimate aims to control the population.
Her blog is very helpful with lots of money saving tips and encouraging people to walk to keep active.
Just wish she hadn't joined the conspiracy theorists and anti Vax clan

rocketstop Tue 21-Sep-21 11:55:08

Yes and as I always say, funny how you never hear of an anti vaxxer refusing a hospital bed when they have succumbed to covid isn't it ?

Grandma2002 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:56:17

Best advice ever, Ex-dancer. You have to admit some people have very unusual ideas,confused you only need to look at the previous P. of the USA and his followers and just wonder to realise there is no argument you can offer except to smile and say nothing.wink

Oofy Tue 21-Sep-21 12:13:03

I listened to Question Time on the radio last Saturday, and there was very sad mention by one panel member about having just attended the funeral of a prominent local person who was vaccine-sceptic. They didn’t say he hadn’t been vaccinated, but am guessing not. So sad for his unnecessarily widowed wife

Yammy Tue 21-Sep-21 12:14:27

100% behind this I know an anti-vax whose partner is terminally ill not with covid. Still can't be persuaded.
I haven't read the Queen's blog but what can you expect from a family who practises non-routine medicine.
Also, we have Docs and medical people in the family, some currently working in hospitals with young non-vax people who have covid.

onedayatatime Tue 21-Sep-21 13:01:36

ExDancer thank you so much

Buttercup1954 Tue 21-Sep-21 13:17:07

Well said!!

poshpaws Tue 21-Sep-21 13:24:02

Great post.

I wish those strange people who believe Covid is a hoax could have been looking through the window into my beloved husband's hospital room in May 2020, while I held his hand and tried to soothe him as he took his last, painful, and utterly distressed breaths due to the disease having destroyed his lungs.

I wish those idiot people who believe that every vaccine has a microscopic chip in it to enable their government to follow their every movement, and control them, would wake up to the fact that almost nobody but themselves gives one single f**k about what they do; they're just not that important - except that in not getting vaccinated, they threaten the health of all of us, themselves included.

I wish the ones who "don't know enough about it" read the OP's post somewhere.

Millie22 Tue 21-Sep-21 13:26:41

Covid is very real and very frightening. I can only assume that everyone who is anti-vaccine has never seen anyone struggling to breathe and unable to move and drink and eat properly. Do we feel sorry for them or are they just selfish.

ALANaV Tue 21-Sep-21 13:41:11

Those who refuse to be vaccinated should therefore be refused hospital treatment if they get COVID .....simples

Alioop Tue 21-Sep-21 13:42:25

What a great post and I will definitely be sharing it. I have friends who are anti vaxers, but yet they go with their daughters to get Botox, lip fillers, etc and do they know what is actually in those products. I'm sure they don't.

Maggieanne Tue 21-Sep-21 14:18:08

Yammy, are you talking about the queen, i.e., Queen Elizabeth, because the person referred to is Mean Queen, just someone that writes blogs abut saving money. There's a big difference!

Beeb Tue 21-Sep-21 14:28:07

Thank you Ex-dancer.