Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Will you continue to wear a mask?

(162 Posts)
LizzieDrip Thu 27-Jan-22 10:07:06

Just that really. With more or less all restrictions being lifted today, will you continue to wear a mask in shops and on public transport? Personally, I feel safer wearing a mask when out and about - but will I be the only one???

Shinamae Wed 02-Feb-22 14:29:24

Shinamae

maddyone

Alegrias grin

The answer to the question is yes, I will continue to wear a mask. Probably not at the hairdresser later today though, as I’m usually the only one there at this time, and she’ll give me a cup of coffee. But mostly yes, I’ll wear a mask.

I have just been to my hairdresser and she wore a mask and insisted that I wore mine even though we are both triple jabbed

And I was the only one there

Marydoll Wed 02-Feb-22 14:36:16

My hairdresser insists too, even if it is only me.
Ifind very reassuring, as I'm CEV.
When I was there last week, her two children popped in on the way home from
School. She insisted they put a mask before entering the salon.

MaggsMcG Wed 02-Feb-22 14:42:11

I will be wearing mine in places that have a lot of people milling around. Shops etc. and public transport. However if I am sitting in one spot, like a restaurant or even a theatre I will probably not. I will still continue to wash my hands and use wipes or hand gel. I definitely don't go to as many places as I used to. I think we all need to use our own common sense and do what we feel is safe for ourselves now.

Nicegranny Wed 02-Feb-22 14:48:39

Yes l will. I’m in Hong Kong and everyone wears masks even very small children.

AreWeThereYet Wed 02-Feb-22 16:17:34

^ I know people think I'm pedantic and argumentative but I do get a bit activated by comments based on thin air.^

Yes, you are pedantic and argumentative ? Thankfully. Your posts are well reasoned and logical. Please carry on.

Kinsi10 Wed 02-Feb-22 17:10:57

Definitely will continue towest mine

Mollygo Wed 02-Feb-22 18:03:48

Yes I will continue. I was masked in school (primary) as a Governor this afternoon. Staff moving around school wore masks indoors. Staff working one to one wore masks.

varian Wed 02-Feb-22 18:12:04

Good for you.

I will continue to wear masks in shops and anywhere there are other people wearing masks.

Today I went to the bridge club, held in a large village hall which no longer requires mask wearing.

The club members are all over sixty and as far as I know they are all fully jabbed.

No-one wore a mask so I didn't wear a mask either. If I had done so I think I would have been seen to have been making a political statement and I don't want to do that. I like being a member of this friendly club.

I think if just one other member had worn a mask I might have worn mine, but I didn't wan't to go it alone.

Was I right or wrong?

Urmstongran Wed 02-Feb-22 18:15:55

I think it’s good to see you can adapt to your surroundings varian. I think you did right.

Wheniwasyourage Wed 02-Feb-22 18:53:09

I wouldn't say that your decision was wrong varian and I can quite see why you made it. Just wondered if there might have been someone else there thinking "If one other member wears a mask, I might" too! grin

varian Wed 02-Feb-22 19:31:10

Yes, that might have been the case. Social pressure is quite a strong influence on us all.