Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Covid case surge

(59 Posts)
Germanshepherdsmum Mon 11-Apr-22 17:45:59

It concerns me that we have to search for the numbers now. No information given out each day as it used to be. It lulls people into a false sense of security and they behave as if it’s all over. Is this what living with it means?

Sparklefizz Mon 11-Apr-22 17:44:37

It bothers me very much ... for myself because I am still being ultra cautious, and for my adult son and daughter who are both teachers and see for themselves how Covid is affecting both children and teachers alike.

Grandson has had to miss several days of school because teachers are off sick with Covid. Infection is rife.... and look at all those people queueing at the airports - how much infection is being spread around there?

Daisymae Mon 11-Apr-22 17:44:10

Pepper59

I can assure you it does bother me, but it looks like we are being left to it.

Exactly. The Mail is leading with the drop in cases which is obviously because people are not testing as previously. I think cases may have peaked, but who knows?

Pepper59 Mon 11-Apr-22 17:40:34

I can assure you it does bother me, but it looks like we are being left to it.

Daisymae Mon 11-Apr-22 17:39:19

Sorry I was being factitious. My friends mum died week before last. I just think that ignoring the facts is official policy.

lemsip Mon 11-Apr-22 17:35:57

a hundred people were admitted to our hospital in a 7 day period, all with covid!......it has not gone away as some seem to think!
I have continued with precautions throughout.

Elizabeth27 Mon 11-Apr-22 17:32:11

That is with Covid, not of Covid.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 11-Apr-22 17:23:00

I am. And we are adjusting our behaviour as a result.

Daisymae Mon 11-Apr-22 17:20:32

I thought that I would mention it as no one else seems at all bothered that 1613 people have died with Covid in the last 7 days according to the official stats. An increase of 45%. But I don't think that anyone is bothered.