Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Re-evaluating Dr John Campbell

(70 Posts)
Veridica Sat 04-Mar-23 19:19:54

Last week, during a discussion thread on Freedom of Speech on the News and Politics forum, I gained an impression that Dr John Campbell, who I had referred to for an informed view on Covid and the vaccines, was regularly treated with derision by many members. It was as if I had admitted to joining the Rick Astley fan club!

Since them I have done further research in case I got anything wrong and now have an even higher impression of the man but of course we are entitled to our own opinions. For better insight, look at the exceptional Amazon reviews of his physiology books by his peers, many of which go back over 10 years. Most are 5* and one of the most memorable for me was a glowing review from a US trauma surgeon.

Next, watch the long, personal interview with Neil Oliver on YouTube in which his passion and commitment really shine through.

His background on YouTube was one of following the initial Covid narrative, advising people to keep well according to official government guidelines. He always followed the available data. Then came the point when the data diverged from the politics and he came to different conclusions which some people couldn't accept. He is now exposing some shocking truths about the handling of the pandemic, lies and corruption in Big Pharma and the dangers of mRNA. All of this is based on official data, otherwise he would have been taken down.

Two nights ago, after the Cochrane Review concluded that the wearing of masks was pretty useless, he made a very profound apology for advising people to follow the guidelines. We now await apologies from mainstream media and public health bodies.....(?)

Everybody is entitled to their view on JC but I hope they first take a leaf out of his book by reviewing all the available evidence before passing judgement.

Nimrod777 Thu 23-Nov-23 06:00:47

It’s interesting to read the comments on
Dr J Campbell’s articles. The comments are now
very heavily biased to out and out USA anti
vaccine commenters addicted to conspiracy
theories. His articles are less clearly anti vaccine but he gives
a tacit nod and a wink ( e.g. I have given you the facts draw
your own conclusions) in that direction avoiding
being pulled up for misinformation. The numbers
of these misinformed readers provide a lucrative
source of income. When Dr Campbell gave clear
sensible advice his income level was more modest.

MayBee70 Fri 31-Mar-23 13:12:27

You don’t give up, do you…

Veridica Wed 08-Mar-23 23:34:11

MayBee70

With respect I think you’re wrong in your apparent opinion that those of us on gransnet are just a lot of people that slavishly follow what the government and newspapers tell us. Most of us are well read, question everything and make up our own opinions on things that affect us.

Something from Redacted for those of us who want to make up our own mind and not follow the government and media

www.youtube.com/channel/UCoJhK5kMc4LjBKdiYrDtzlA

Grandmabatty Wed 08-Mar-23 18:22:49

The more you post, Veridica the more deluded and biased you sound. I'm out.

MayBee70 Wed 08-Mar-23 17:57:03

With respect I think you’re wrong in your apparent opinion that those of us on gransnet are just a lot of people that slavishly follow what the government and newspapers tell us. Most of us are well read, question everything and make up our own opinions on things that affect us.

Veridica Wed 08-Mar-23 16:28:38

Riverwalk

Veridica

Riverwalk

As I write, the NY Times has concluded it was the US who blew up the Nordstream pipeline.

I subscribe to the NYT and they've concluded no such thing

Sorry, I must have got the wrong paper. The main revelation was from Seymour Hersh, the Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist who exposed the My Lai massacre. It's all over the media.

I'm well aware of Seymour Hersh - his claim is not without merit but that's a long way from stating that a major newspaper has come to a conclusion.

You need to be more accurate in your mansplaining.

I looked into it again-it was actually another woman who passed it on to me. It appears the language was something like " a pro-Ukrainian group" Firstly it lets Russia off the hook as nobody can imagine why they would go to so much trouble when they could just turn the tap off. Secondly, who would have the expertise and the ability to get into the location undetected? Ukraine doesn't have the expertise to drive the tanks it is being given. Yellow Pages is silent on the matter. Thirdly, Biden is on video record saying he wanted it stopped and his chief witch, Victoria Nuland said publicly she'd like to see it reduced to a pile of metal under the North Sea. Sincere apologies for the diversion but I was just trying to state that in many areas we are being told lies and I still think John Campbell is a brave soul trying to seek out the truth on Covid. I'll shut up now and move on to global warming or the coronation.

Riverwalk Wed 08-Mar-23 14:15:33

Veridica

Riverwalk

As I write, the NY Times has concluded it was the US who blew up the Nordstream pipeline.

Sorry, I must have got the wrong paper. The main revelation was from Seymour Hersh, the Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist who exposed the My Lai massacre. It's all over the media.

I'm well aware of Seymour Hersh - his claim is not without merit but that's a long way from stating that a major newspaper has come to a conclusion.

You need to be more accurate in your mansplaining.

Veridica Wed 08-Mar-23 13:30:59

MerylStreep

WHO, The World Bank and Bill Gates in the same sentence.
You know somethings dodgy. Doctors Without Borders don’t speak highly of Bill Gates.

I believe that Billy is the biggest single donor to the WHO, apart from the US government. I preferred the WHO when they were singing "Won't get fooled again!"

Veridica Wed 08-Mar-23 11:49:42

Riverwalk

^As I write, the NY Times has concluded it was the US who blew up the Nordstream pipeline.^

MerylStreep Wed 08-Mar-23 09:59:16

WHO, The World Bank and Bill Gates in the same sentence.
You know somethings dodgy. Doctors Without Borders don’t speak highly of Bill Gates.

Riverwalk Wed 08-Mar-23 09:46:58

Veridica Wed 08-Mar-23 09:30:43

Veridica

Farmor15

While I agree that some of the measures to reduce deaths in the pandemic were ridiculous, and other measures such as increased ventilation were slow to be adopted, the suggestion that excess deaths are due to vaccines is not supported by evidence.
And now we have all the excess deaths and the likelihood that the so-called vaccines were the main cause.

This site compares death rates from Covid and excess deaths in the 7 richest countries in the world.

pandem-ic.com/japan-and-us-are-worlds-apart-on-pandemic-mortality/

Despite older population and high vaccination rates, Japan had much lower rates of death from Covid and excess deaths. Some of the factors suggested are high rates of mask wearing and a healthier population than US and UK.

Thanks for the link. I've had a quick look and would like to explore further. As yet I haven't been able to find out who they are funded by which is always important. Yes I followed Japan and they came out of it quite well. Their healthy diet and lifestyle is important. One study showed that their intake of Vitamin D was higher than most and this seems to be universally agreed as something which helped fight off Covid in the early stages. As a nation, I believe they avoided vaccine mandates and I read that they developed a policy of informing the public of possible side effects before getting them to sign the consent forms. It was much more open and above board and I guess those not at risk weren't forced into it.

The data across the world of excess deaths in young fit people who had the mRNA cannot be ignored. Many countries, I think Denmark was the first, are now "not recommending" it to lower age groups. UK is following this trend. They have not come out publicly and said it is the cause of a significant proportion of excess deaths but I personally believe that we have to call a halt based on the evidence. Otherwise we are sending young healthy people to an early grave. The track record of Big Pharma, Pfizer in particular, (one law suit cost them $2.3 billion) should make anyone suspicious.

Yes, Japan did well but Sweden did much better and gave us a set of data with which to compare against those countries which took it to ridiculous extremes.

Hello again, I've managed to find out more about pandemic-ic.org. No links but its reviewers seem to be connected to WHO, World Bank and Gates Foundation. That suggests it's a bit selective. "Studies" aren't always peer reviewed. I worked with Higher Ed. researchers for a long tim and even at Uni. level, those who sponsor research want to see a result that pleases them. It's easy to put a spin on data so it's worth using a variety of sources. Look at how independent it is and be sceptical of any that may be crooks or nutters. I have concluded the best person on Covid data is Prof. Norman Fenton of Queen Mary Uni. London. The link below is to Ivor Cummins who is very entertaining, but straight, I believe. The thing is we are not sure who to trust. The Cochrane Review is now certain masks were pretty useless, we are fairly certain Covid was a lab leak so how many other truths will turn out to be lies? As I write, the NY Times has concluded it was the US who blew up the Nordstream pipeline. We have to respect everyone's opinion but it's never been easier to blind people with science ( or politics!)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2KWFBn5pLg

Veridica Wed 08-Mar-23 07:26:51

Farmor15

While I agree that some of the measures to reduce deaths in the pandemic were ridiculous, and other measures such as increased ventilation were slow to be adopted, the suggestion that excess deaths are due to vaccines is not supported by evidence.
And now we have all the excess deaths and the likelihood that the so-called vaccines were the main cause.

This site compares death rates from Covid and excess deaths in the 7 richest countries in the world.

Despite older population and high vaccination rates, Japan had much lower rates of death from Covid and excess deaths. Some of the factors suggested are high rates of mask wearing and a healthier population than US and UK.

Thanks for the link. I've had a quick look and would like to explore further. As yet I haven't been able to find out who they are funded by which is always important. Yes I followed Japan and they came out of it quite well. Their healthy diet and lifestyle is important. One study showed that their intake of Vitamin D was higher than most and this seems to be universally agreed as something which helped fight off Covid in the early stages. As a nation, I believe they avoided vaccine mandates and I read that they developed a policy of informing the public of possible side effects before getting them to sign the consent forms. It was much more open and above board and I guess those not at risk weren't forced into it.

The data across the world of excess deaths in young fit people who had the mRNA cannot be ignored. Many countries, I think Denmark was the first, are now "not recommending" it to lower age groups. UK is following this trend. They have not come out publicly and said it is the cause of a significant proportion of excess deaths but I personally believe that we have to call a halt based on the evidence. Otherwise we are sending young healthy people to an early grave. The track record of Big Pharma, Pfizer in particular, (one law suit cost them $2.3 billion) should make anyone suspicious.

Yes, Japan did well but Sweden did much better and gave us a set of data with which to compare against those countries which took it to ridiculous extremes.

MerylStreep Tue 07-Mar-23 22:46:01

MaggsMcG
I have to disagree with the one thing the government got wrong
The one thing they got wrong, and it was a biggy, was their total un-preparedness. They were like rabbits in the headlights and they panicked.
Read Dr Moosa Qureshi. Through a constant freedom of information request he finally got the information to prove how badly prepared we were.

Namsnanny Tue 07-Mar-23 22:17:21

LadyHonoriaDedlock

Namsnanny

Is there a sub text with regards to Rick Astley that someone can put me straight on?😄

I think the thing with Rick Astley was that in appearance he fell short of Rock God and when he moved on stage he was a bit ginger-haired nerd at the school disco, but when he opened his mouth to sing he had an incredible bluesy voice.

Thanks LHD

Namsnanny Tue 07-Mar-23 22:15:38

FannyCornforth

‘Gransnet as it’s best’ as is regularly said Nams grin

grin

MayBee70 Tue 07-Mar-23 20:32:12

welbeck

isn't sweden a much bigger country with a much smaller population than uk ?

Also more people live in one person households. I think their food is supplemented with VitD, too. And have lots of saunas which, imo, are pretty good for you.

MaggsMcG Tue 07-Mar-23 19:47:21

In my opinion only, he was as honest as he could be with the information and experience he has. He always said he was only talking about things as he knew them at the time. In all honestly no one really knew what they were doing anyway. A lot of countries got it totally wrong and some just a bit. That's not including China who got it wrong from the beginning and at the end, and who caused it all in the first place. I don't think we did to badly considering. Even though I lost my husband to the second phase just before the vaccines. The one thing the Government did cock up which was their fault was the breaking of the rules. There's no excuse for that whatsoever.

Zoejory Tue 07-Mar-23 19:44:44

welbeck

We had much praise in the media for the way Jacinda Ahern handled Covid.

5 million people.

Europe is massive with many millions. It was always going to be easier to shut New Zealand down. Not that all New Zealanders were happy about it.

But if you dared point that fact out you'd be called out for being a denier and conspiracy theorist.

Zoejory Tue 07-Mar-23 19:40:01

MayBee70

Zoejory

And yes, I did lose one relative and a good friend to covid before anyone asks

So do you think we should have let the virus rip through the population, probably killing even more people but thereby reaching endemicity sooner? Ie Johnson’s ‘let the bodies pile high’ approach?

The first lockdown was necessary. It enabled medics and scientists alike to discover what they were dealing with it and how to treat it.

An awful lot of what happened later was unnecessary.

www.bmj.com/content/380/bmj.p522

welbeck Tue 07-Mar-23 19:33:34

MayBee70 Tue 07-Mar-23 19:31:06

There is a very good MedCram blog about excess deaths. I think it said is was down to people not being diagnosed with life threatening illnesses. Which was not possible because the NHS was struggling to cope with all of the people seriously ill with covid. As for Sweden, I think there are a lot of misconceptions about how they dealt with covid and I don’t think they had the totally relaxed attitude that people assume they had.

Farmor15 Tue 07-Mar-23 18:40:43

rosie1959 Tue 07-Mar-23 16:40:42

Quite honestly many of the lockdown rules were plain daft
Go out for a walk just once a day why what would happen if you went out twice
Wear a mask when entering a restaurant but then remove it when seated what was the point of that?
Only sit on tables of 6 that one was the rule when we went on holiday 2021 there was 8 of us. I pointed out to the hotel it was ridiculous we were to be together all week they did change their minds.

Veridica Tue 07-Mar-23 16:01:06

MayBee70

Zoejory

And yes, I did lose one relative and a good friend to covid before anyone asks

So do you think we should have let the virus rip through the population, probably killing even more people but thereby reaching endemicity sooner? Ie Johnson’s ‘let the bodies pile high’ approach?

It didn't rip through Sweden. The data shows they came out of it well. No doubt it was a nasty, unknown virus but there was no evidence that it was the return of the Black Death. The system in Sweden has confidence in its medics and scientists and lets them take charge, not the politicians. It was clear at the start who was vulnerable and attention should have been focussed on the elderly. It finished with a median age of death still about 82.
Covid wasn't the only killer in town. There is plenty of data on the numbers whose lives were cut short by lockdowns. And now we have all the excess deaths and the likelihood that the so-called vaccines were the main cause.