Gransnet forums

Education

Nicky Morgan - may the good lord preserve us!

(52 Posts)
Luckygirl Sat 26-Mar-16 12:55:19

I have just heard her on the radio scolding a group of professional teachers as though they were a classroom of naughty children. She said it was time they had something positive on their website - maybe she should ask herself why they struggle to find anything positive to say. I was so irate that I fired of an email to her - not that it will make a whit of difference - if she does not listen to professional teachers telling her how bad total academisation will be for education, then she is not likely to listen to me. Her sheer arrogance beggars belief!

Synonymous Sat 26-Mar-16 13:44:46

She clearly doesn't have a clue. Teachers have to work so very hard without all this.angry

Badenkate Sat 26-Mar-16 17:21:01

I'm afraid it's the eyes that get me every time shock

trisher Sat 26-Mar-16 18:47:45

Apparently she thinks teachers need to be more positive so that more people are attracted to the profession, so now it's their fault there aren't enough teachers. Nothing to do with the stress, the paper work, the long hours and the bloody incompetent education ministers then.

Luckygirl Sat 26-Mar-16 19:25:52

Her history in corporate law clearly makes her an expert on education.

LullyDully Sat 26-Mar-16 19:25:52

Not the way to encourage a professional body of teachers. Makes me mad.

Most teachers are very hard working and care about children and their education .You wouldn't teach just for the holidays, that is a very old joke wearing thin. Thank God I am retired.

Lillie Sat 26-Mar-16 19:27:09

She is very irritating.

durhamjen Sat 26-Mar-16 19:32:07

schoolsweek.co.uk/teachers-band-releases-anti-academies-punk-single-nicky-morgans-eyes/

You have to read the words.

Jalima Sat 26-Mar-16 19:45:40

She does look like a rabbit in the headlights, but she can't help her looks.

However, it does give the impression that she is repeating word for word what she has been instructed to say and trying desperately to remember it.

whitewave Sat 26-Mar-16 19:52:34

Well I think she is.

durhamjen Sat 26-Mar-16 19:54:09

I think she's hoping people will see how sincere she is. Unfortunately for her, it doesn't work. I can't imagine her being a teacher, particularly of secondary pupils.

whitewave Sat 26-Mar-16 19:59:41

She seems like head girl to me you know one of the goody goodies - please miss me miss!

Jalima Sat 26-Mar-16 20:01:28

Any head girls on her grin
(not me, I was always a bit norty)

Jalima Sat 26-Mar-16 20:01:53

here?

I couldn't spell either
(well, I could, but can't type)

obieone Sat 26-Mar-16 20:07:20

Nothing wrong with Head Girls

No I wasnt one.

Jalima Sat 26-Mar-16 20:09:13

The head girl at my school was the one who was really naughty at primary school. But very good at primary school at getting other people into trouble and deflecting the trouble away from herself.

durhamjen Sat 26-Mar-16 20:19:24

A white paper isn't law, is it?
Doesn't it have to go through the House of Commons and be voted on, or out?

Gracesgran Sat 26-Mar-16 20:34:51

Teachers currently have been dealt the worst management hand - the poison chalice - responsibility without authority. The change to the McDonaldisation of schools will not help it will just be an attempt to get teaching on the cheap to put big salaries into the pockets of those running the groups.

And telling the teachers to take a more positive line about the profession - please could someone tell me that is me dreaming. Does she have any idea ...?

durhamjen Sat 26-Mar-16 20:43:07

I liked the way the general secretary told her not to be the next Iain Duncan Smith.

I do not see why they are doing it on such a small majority in parliament.
It wasn't in the manifesto, was it?
Not that that matters. Lots of other stuff they are trying to get through wasn't either.

durhamjen Sat 26-Mar-16 22:23:41

She did not understand that the teachers were laughing at her when she said she wouldn't want to become a teacher. I do not know if she did not get that or if she was just pretending innocence again.

Lillie Sat 26-Mar-16 22:29:13

I was Head Girl, Jalima, and later morphed into Headmistress! shock
I've never been a goody-goody nor hungry for power. I've never had to raise my voice nor wag my finger. I'm not saying I'd make a good Education Secretary, but some of these politicians need to stop antagonising the teaching profession and winding up the public. Just like with the doctors' dispute, it doesn't help anyone.

Eloethan Sat 26-Mar-16 22:56:27

I've noticed that glassy-eyed look in a few politicians - Nicky Morgan, Jeremy Hunt, John Redwood - a bit Stepford - any others?

Jalima Sat 26-Mar-16 22:58:26

Lillie tbugrin

Probably the rest of us were hoping we'd make it but the one who was the bane of our lives in primary school did become Head Girl!

I am sure you are not like her tbusmile

daphnedill Sun 27-Mar-16 03:59:43

According to Wiki, Nicky Morgan WAS head girl.

The NASUWT conference gave her a taste of what it's like to be a teacher. She looked and sounded like she was facing a naughty Year 9 bottom set. Real Year 9s would have taken her apart.

suzied Sun 27-Mar-16 04:24:49

It's taking away the unions role in negotiating national pay and conditions for teachers. It will be down to individual schools. Nightmare.