Gransnet forums

Education

Young women's Tatoos

(159 Posts)
jennyvg Wed 22-May-19 16:43:10

Yesterday whilst out shopping I noticed an attractive young woman with heavily tattooed arms, she also had some sort of flower design going up her neck, it crossed my mind that it seemed a shame to in my mind disfigure herself in this way, but her choice nothing to do with me, then I started thinking what is going to happen when these young women become old women like me, skin gone a bit wrinkly and flabby, will they then become depressed and want the tatoos removed? If so is this going to the next great strain on NHS resources? Just a thought what do others Gransnetters think?

Calendargirl Sat 25-May-19 07:41:32

Someone I know was recently interviewing for a teacher at the primary school he was a governor for. He said one candidate had tattooed arms beneath his shirt, and rightly or wrongly that put him, the interviewer, off that person.
Don’t know who got the job.

Calendargirl Sat 25-May-19 07:44:50

P.S.
Realise this thread is about women’s tattoos, although my comment concerned a man.

Anniel Sat 25-May-19 09:02:19

It is breathtakingly unthinking to state that if you no longer like your tattoos you can get them removed by the NHS free. I can only hope the remark was ironic or in levity. You can do what you think is attractive to your own body but to suggest the NHS will remove them free is not true nor desirable in my opinion. Take responsibility for your decision.

varian Sat 25-May-19 11:33:48

At one time my job took me into a prison where I had a conversation with an inmate who had been in and out of prisons all his adult life. He complained that many of the other inmates did not accept that he was a proper criminal because he didn't have any tattoos!. He said "I just don't happen to like tattoos so why should I have to have them just to prove I'm a real villain?"

Admittedly that was many years ago, at a time when, in general, only sailors or criminals had tattoos. I know times have changed and many perfectly law-abiding people are tattooed these days, but I think many others, especially older people, can't help being prejudiced against them.

nanny2507 Sat 25-May-19 17:43:51

going off subject by quite a lot but...I hate it when people go abroad for surgical enhancements or work cos its cheap and then when it goes wrong they go to the NHS to sort it!!!

Calendargirl Sat 25-May-19 18:28:26

nanny2507
I agree!

notanan2 Sat 25-May-19 18:44:39

*Someone I know was recently interviewing for a teacher at the primary school he was a governor for. He said one candidate had tattooed arms beneath his shirt, and rightly or wrongly that put him, the interviewer, off that person.
Don’t know who got the job.*

Wrongly. HTH.

Orangedog Mon 27-May-19 16:18:30

I have 8, regret them all so I'm getting them all removed. Some good deals for removals on coupon sites like Groupon, seems a bit.. Well, wrong to use NHS resources for it.
I got them when I was slim, had crazy coloured hair and it really suited me. Now I'm a mother, a bit chubby and in a professional setting, they don't suit me in the slightest. Don't mind them on others though.
My sister has a very beautiful smallish one on her ribcage and it's so 'her' I can't imagine her without it.