Gransnet forums

Education

Young women's Tatoos

(158 Posts)
Beckett Wed 22-May-19 17:53:50

I once asked a friend who had several tattoos whether she thought she would regret it later in life - her reply was to ask why she should regret having a good time and enough money to do what she wanted!

notanan2 Wed 22-May-19 17:52:39

Tattoos can help with anxiety about body issues. Some women who have has masecyomies get their scar tattooed.

Lots of people use tattoos to make scars positive rather than negative

fiorentina51 Wed 22-May-19 17:49:54

Just carrying on a long British tradition. The Romans named these islands Pretani or Land of the Painted People.

Joyfulnanna Wed 22-May-19 17:35:35

I know someone who had tattoos to cover up her varicose veins on her legs. Whilst it is a trend, I don't think it's particularly attractive on the majority of people, and what's worse is that people have too many.. Its like once they start they don't know when to stop. Interestingly I spoke to a young German couple who told me they thought the British take them to extremes and that its not as fashionable in their country.

notanan2 Wed 22-May-19 17:32:16

Nope. Plenty of older women have tattoos that don't cause them "depression" hmm
I know a woman who just got a huge tattoo for her 60th. She has older tattoos. You are allowed to have tattoos and wrinkles

& since when is tattoo removal free on the NHS.

Sounds like you are clutching at ways to make your pearl clutching sound like concern

Littleannie Wed 22-May-19 17:24:55

This reminds me of an article I read by a journalist a few years ago. He was sitting next to a young woman at a bar, who had heavy black Chinese script tattooed over her back. He asked her what it said, and she said "beautiful lady". He didn't have the heart to tell her that he had lived in Hong Kong for some years, and could read it. It actually said "fat cow".

nanny2507 Wed 22-May-19 17:09:09

I am 51 and i had my 13th tattoo only a few days ago. i am already wrinkly and flabby and they are just fine grin. i think it depends where you have them too

jennyvg Wed 22-May-19 16:43:10

Yesterday whilst out shopping I noticed an attractive young woman with heavily tattooed arms, she also had some sort of flower design going up her neck, it crossed my mind that it seemed a shame to in my mind disfigure herself in this way, but her choice nothing to do with me, then I started thinking what is going to happen when these young women become old women like me, skin gone a bit wrinkly and flabby, will they then become depressed and want the tatoos removed? If so is this going to the next great strain on NHS resources? Just a thought what do others Gransnetters think?